Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend

• 22-05-2008 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

This message is sponsored by the word 'we'...
    23 May 2008 Bohemians :cool: 7:45 Galway United Dalymount Park
    (with pre-match hospitality for Galway supporters)
    23 May 2008 Bray Wanderers 7:45 Cork City Carlisle Grounds
    23 May 2008 Cobh Ramblers 7:45 Finn Harps St Colman's Park
    23 May 2008 Derry City 7:45 UCD The Brandywell
    23 May 2008 Shamrock Rovers 8:00 Drogheda United Tolka Park
    23 May 2008 Sligo Rovers 8:00 St Patrick's Athletic The Showgrounds
    C'mon the Bit o' Red!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

First Division

23 May Longford Town v Limerick 37
    23 May Monaghan United v Kildare County
    23 May Wexford Youths v Dundalk
    25 May Athlone Town v Shelbourne
    26 May Sporting Fingal v Waterford United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

SectionF wrote: »
    This message is sponsored by the word 'we'...
    23 May 2008 Bohemians :cool: 7:45 Galway United Dalymount Park
    (with pre-match hospitality for Galway supporters) bohs 3-0
    23 May 2008 Bray Wanderers 7:45 Cork City Carlisle Grounds 1-1 City's crap season to continue
    23 May 2008 Cobh Ramblers 7:45 Finn Harps St Colman's Park 2-1 cobh, they HAVE to win this one
    23 May 2008 Derry City 7:45 UCD The Brandywell Derry 2-1
    23 May 2008 Shamrock Rovers 8:00 Drogheda United Tolka Park Rovers 2-1
    23 May 2008 Sligo Rovers 8:00 St Patrick's Athletic The Showgrounds
    C'mon the Bit o' Red!1-2, Pats to Win

I've never feared a trip to bray more in my life. City are absolutely shocking, TBH i can't see them winning.

This season has been a nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think Drogs will hockey Shams as an act of revenge for the opening game.

City will beat Bray comfortably tonight. 0-2 I'd say.

If Cobh don't beat Harps they may as well quit now. They wont beat Harps. Ill go for 0-1 here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Can Rovers beat Pats? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

SectionF wrote: »
    Can Rovers beat Pats? :p

not confident at all, Lynch and harris back but paisley suspended. Must win game win for us.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

If I turn up at Tolka park, will I get in or will I need a ticket?

Or am I just being stupid? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

You will get in no hassle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

You will get in no hassle :)

Cheers. That game stood out for me, I might make the trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Yeah looks like a good 1. Might head out myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Might go meself actually.

Nowt else doing tonight, Boardeaux's cup game was called off.

The other team can't field a team :pac:

I held out longer and we got the walkover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Dundalk away to wexford youths , I have no intentions of going which means one thing ! A dundalk victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Thinking of heading down to Tolka for this game, should be a decent one. Or a boring nil all draw. Hope not:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

goal feast at Dalymount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

SantryRed wrote: »
    Thinking of heading down to Tolka for this game, should be a decent one. Or a boring nil all draw. Hope not:D

Nil all at Tolka tonight.

Thought Rovers had stolen it when they hit the post right at the end.

0-3 City. Corner turned? We have another easy game against Shams on Tuesday. 3 points more, and who knows?

Harps beat Cobh 1-3 in a battle of the hopeless. The main pity is that Cobh may not even see the season out. But at least they can say they beat Shams if nothing else.

Oh....Mathews OUT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Gimmick Alan gough was in goal for bray......yes the shels keeper from the 80s :D

2-1 win happy with that, roll on tuesday.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Gimmick Alan gough was in goal for bray......yes the shels keeper from the 80s :D

2-1 win happy with that, roll on tuesday.

kdjac

He was poor.

Not a great display overall dispite the goals scored. Mick Devine was called on for one on ones too many times for comfort.

There are a lot of good players in the team but its not coming together for me.

Colin Healy was really up for it tonight which is a positive. Chasing down and harrying and getting after the other lads for their sloppy play. Keep it up Healy!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Only thing keeping me awake was the freezing wind blowing through the Riverside tonight. Words fail to describe how bad the game was.

Though Grant's control, shot and Murphy's save were outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Another shambles in Flancare:mad: rounded off with a defender in goals. I'm gonna need tablets if this continues:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

jaysus Bohs made hard work of that win tonight. Donnell cannot play CM

• Advertisement

Colin Healy was really up for it tonight which is a positive. Chasing down and harrying and getting after the other lads for their sloppy play. Keep it up Healy!

Thats good to hear. It might ease the loss of Gamble if he actually hangs around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Fenn seems to be finding his feet under Fenlon.Which is good as I think he is a very clever player.

Rovers Drogheda was a terrible, terrible game last night.
    A poor game from two poor teams. The ball was in the air more than it was a ground.
    Drogheda don't seem to have a game plan. Just lump it long and see what happens.
    There keepers kicking was unbelievably bad as well. Never seen such bad kicking in one game.

Rovers should of nicked it near the end when they hit the post.

One bit of quality in the game was Barry Murphy. Made two world class saves in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Finally we find ourselves in the relegation zone, where we undoubtedly deserve to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Fenn seems to be finding his feet under Fenlon.Which is good as I think he is a very clever player.
    Awful performance. Typical Bohs sleeping/freezing at home against lower opposition. Galway played some passing ball and were unlucky not to get at least a draw.
    But Fenn, who is on fire so far this season, was brilliant again. Stephen O'Donnell can play much better than that, BTW.

Dundalk away to wexford youths , I have no intentions of going which means one thing ! A dundalk victory.

So three weeks home now , and still have not seen my team win. As predicted dundalk thrashed Wexford youths 5-0 , with a hat-trick from Trevor Vaughan , Jamie Duffy and Paul Smyth rounding it up. Dundalk now back at the summit with Shelbourne to play. Just noticed that all season dundalk have only conceded 7 goals with Shelbourne conceding 5 , I have a feeling that it may come down to who has the better goal difference now.

So three weeks home now , and still have not seen my team win. As predicted dundalk thrashed Wexford youths 5-0 , with a hat-trick from Trevor Vaughan , Jamie Duffy and Paul Smyth rounding it up. Dundalk now back at the summit with Shelbourne to play. Just noticed that all season dundalk have only conceded 7 goals with Shelbourne conceding 5 , I have a feeling that it may come down to who has the better goal difference now.

How long you home for?

I order you to go to every other game your here for!!:p

SantryRed wrote: »
    How long you home for?

I order you to go to every other game your here for!!:p

My mates are trying to send me back :( , Home for the foreseeable future , which means one thing. Dundalk in the graveyard division.

Advertisement