Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQ] Nescafe Dolce Gusto capsules

Options
  • 08-01-2008 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Got this coffee maker as a gift for xmas. Just wondering does anyone know where to get the capsules, preferably bulk buy as they can work out quite expensive. Lovely coffee tho! Thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

usually on the makers website-

https://www.dolce-gusto.co.uk/UK/Pages/default.aspx-

it works out a lot cheaper than buying them in a shop here. i've got a nespresso machine and buy all my capsules online

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭F@ces

Thanks mate.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

usually on the makers website-

https://www.dolce-gusto.co.uk/UK/Pages/default.aspx-

it works out a lot cheaper than buying them in a shop here. i've got a nespresso machine and buy all my capsules online

You can only buy Nespresso Capsules online or in the Nespresso "Boutiques" .

There is one in Brown Thomas Cork and the prices are the same but you save on postage which is handy if you're in town anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 geo76

Hi there
    I have experienced the same problem of not being able to get capsules here. Nescafe recently responded to one of my many queries on the matter with a phonecall informing me that Tesco Ireland have just started stocking the capsules. I can confirm that they were in stock in the Galway store in the last couple of weeks. I wasnt sure whether to buy all the stock they had just in case it was a trial run and they stopped stocking them. So check ur nearest Tesco!! However I must warn u that Tesco have converted the price per unit from £2.99 to €4.99!! Talk about the law of supply and demand - if u have anyone living in the uk who can buy them over there and send them on its probably the cheapest. Havent found anywhere that u can bulk buy them cheaper online - most sites wont deliver to Ireland (e.g. dolce gusto's uk site don't) and those who do charge prohibitive postage costs. In the meanwhile keep hassling Nestle UK about this and mention the pricing of the capsules here while you're at it! If they get enough queries they may start posting them to Ireland. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭9lives

geo76 wrote: »
    Hi there
    I have experienced the same problem of not being able to get capsules here. Nescafe recently responded to one of my many queries on the matter with a phonecall informing me that Tesco Ireland have just started stocking the capsules. I can confirm that they were in stock in the Galway store in the last couple of weeks. I wasnt sure whether to buy all the stock they had just in case it was a trial run and they stopped stocking them. So check ur nearest Tesco!! However I must warn u that Tesco have converted the price per unit from £2.99 to €4.99!! Talk about the law of supply and demand - if u have anyone living in the uk who can buy them over there and send them on its probably the cheapest. Havent found anywhere that u can bulk buy them cheaper online - most sites wont deliver to Ireland (e.g. dolce gusto's uk site don't) and those who do charge prohibitive postage costs. In the meanwhile keep hassling Nestle UK about this and mention the pricing of the capsules here while you're at it! If they get enough queries they may start posting them to Ireland. :)

I've been buying the capsules in Tesco Dundrum since Christmas but now they have stopped stocking them for some unknown reason. The Tesco in Nutgrove only had about half a dozen boxes of the Lungo capsules. They went from a prime location in the coffee section of Tesco to the "end of aisle" bargain bin (but with the same outrageous price mentioned above!). I can't get someone from Tesco to let me know what's going on but it's a bit wrong.

9L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lectro

I too have been trying to get them for my sister - I'm in the UK. I ordered 7 boxes of Latte from their on-line shop which came to only £21 and then posted the box to my sister in Ireland (£17.50 postage - ouch). The silly thing is that the box was sent to me from Nescafe in Germany so it makes no sense why they can't send it to an address in Ireland.

So if anyone finds a reliable supply in Ireland please post here.

Thnks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 geo76

Tesco in Galway have just stopped stocking the line. They say it is discontinued and didn't have any further explanation. I am going to start getting on to nescafe uk and bug them some more to see if any solution is possible for getting them here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭9lives

Hi

I contacted Nescafe on this issue and they told me that the coffee maker is not for sale in Ireland (contrary to our evidence). They want to know where I bought it as it looks like they want to have a bit of an argument with someone,

9L

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭smodgley

tesco wexford have shelves full of the capsules

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭superbad50

nearly sure i seen these for sale upstairs in brown thomas ( stephens green). i know they do stock most coffee capsules

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Payney

I buy them from Viking Direct on the internet. They work out really cheap as well !

tesco in wexford stopped selling them, the buggers !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ms_Ali_B

Viking direct seem to discontinuing these - low stock or discontinued on different items.

Amazon prices are OK but postage is expensive - same for eBay.

Does anyone know if the supermarkets over the boarder stock them?

Anyone got any other ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Misha76

They do sell them in Tesco in Wexford Town still... I bought some only yesterday (17 Jan 2011) so I could give a friend of mine her weekly hit of Dolce Gusso... She is cracking up because she is trying to find the machine somewhere :( you can buy online in bulk as well... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Misha76 wrote: »
    They do sell them...yesterday (17 Jan 2011) ......
    Somebody needs coffee - this reply is to a post over a year old and the yesterday quoted above was 17 Jan 2012 :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Breda12

Misha76 wrote: »
    They do sell them in Tesco in Wexford Town still... I bought some only yesterday (17 Jan 2011) so I could give a friend of mine her weekly hit of Dolce Gusso... She is cracking up because she is trying to find the machine somewhere :( you can buy online in bulk as well... :)
    Hi I bought one in curry's in limerick for christmas and bought the capsules in tesco off the conagh roundabout today 27/1/12

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

Not sure but try Amazon in the grocery section and check as sometimes if your order is over £25 you get free delivery to Ireland :)

i bought my machine off ebay

and yay tesco restocked them a few months ago dolce gusto now have a designated irish website

https://www.dolce-gusto.ie/EN/Pages/dolcegusto-home.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

So are these now being stocked full time in tesco?

Debating getting one of these or the tassimo machine for a relation of mine and
    the availability of pods in the shops is the deciding factor........ online wouldnt be an option for them!

• Advertisement

youngblood wrote: »
    So are these now being stocked full time in tesco?

Debating getting one of these or the tassimo machine for a relation of mine and
    the availability of pods in the shops is the deciding factor........ online wouldnt be an option for them!

yes available in tesco now, i have one of these machines love it !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rotun

Where's best to get bulk buy for the capsules? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 danny50

If they are the same as nespresso Lidl are doing some of their own for half the price posted here recently. i think risotto was the favorite.. a mate uses them in his nespresso and is impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fox65

I use http://www.discountcoffee.ie/. As far as I can make out they are the cheapest. 4 euros a bos when you order more than 10 boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭peejy

Will the pods in lidl or tesco work with the Nescafe machine?

Advertisement