Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Cow Luas stop to Blanchardstown

Options
  • 29-07-2014 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

anyone any tips on getting from Red Cow Luas stop to Blanchardstown Village for 9am on a weekday? I cant find much options other than going to the City centre and getting a bus from there. Obviously a taxi is an option but that'll be the guts of 20 quid each way :O

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭Tow

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Only realistic option is LUAS to Museum and then 39 or 70 from Blackhall Place. Note that the 39a does not serve Blanchardstown Village.

There is a 76a that passes across Newlands Cross at about 0655/0700 but that would get there for 0740 or so.

Either download the National Journey Planner app or go to www.a-b.ie and enter the trip and tweak the settings if necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Is there a reason why the Luas stop at the Red Cow is a focal point? If using the Luas you could get off at Belgard and as mentioned earlier, use the 76a, although it'll get you in a lot earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

You don't have to go all the way into the city centre, if you get off the Luas at Museum you can get the 39/a bus from Blackhall place to Blanch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Skyhawk1990

Luas to busaras/connolly (much of a muchness) then get the commuter train to Castleknock and you're a five minute walk to the middle of blanch village from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Luas to busaras/connolly (much of a muchness) then get the commuter train to Castleknock and you're a five minute walk to the middle of blanch village from there.

I often do that but tbh by the time you add in time to wait for a train and the line frequency and the massive walk in Connolly you're almost always faster getting off in Museum and getting a bus. Off peak at least. On peak it depends on the direction you're going in, sometimes you fly out the navan road (like off peak and against flow peak) but other times it's slow (on peak with flow)

Edit: also, Abbey St. to Tara St. is faster than Busáras to Connolly P7

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Skyhawk1990

You can see connolly from the busaras luas stop, how is abbey Street to tara street quicker? The only way I see that possibility happening is if the luas is held up by traffic and walking from abbey Street to tara gets all green lights at the crossings and you walk fast.

I've always found the trains quicker than the buses at peak times which is when the OP will be travelling. I've tried both and train always won, the buses are too touch and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

39 would be your best option but do note that the 39a or 70 stop at the bypass is a 5 minute walk (if even ) to the village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

You can see connolly from the busaras luas stop, how is abbey Street to tara street quicker? The only way I see that possibility happening is if the luas is held up by traffic and walking from abbey Street to tara gets all green lights at the crossings and you walk fast.

I've always found the trains quicker than the buses at peak times which is when the OP will be travelling. I've tried both and train always won, the buses are too touch and go.

Look at it on a map, they're both the same distance as Connolly P7 is quite a while away from Busáras. They're both about 450m platform to platform but you have the added bonus of less time on the tram and also all the stairs and the ramp in Connolly. Like you're splitting hairs yeah but it's often just as easy.

Note that this isn't to go out to OCS, facing eastbound you'd walk to the end of Abbey St Luas and turn right. Then you can see Tara St. just across the river from you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement