Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newlands Cross - Traffic?

• 29-06-2014 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭

I will be commuting from Clane to Bray in the near future and I am just wondering what time the traffic starts to build up at Newlands Cross? Would you expect tailbacks at 7am or is it relatively free flowing that early?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Listen to Live Drive on 103.2 Dublin City FM. It's up to the minute traffic with constant updates, as well as music played. The morning show starts at 7am, with the evening show beginning at 4pm.

The morning show always mentions Newlands Cross, and generally it can be around 8-12 minutes to get from Kingswood to Newlands on the N7. Though, at the time I listen in the mornings, it's around 8am or so. I can't imagine things being any better/worse at 7am. Maybe there will be less traffic at 7am, but you should be fine.

Outbound, though, is a different story, but the traffic crawls from around the Red Cow all the way up to Newlands, and it's grand after that. Coming off the M50 (assuming you will use that route morning and evening) up to the Red Cow can vary, but things can be slow but moving, or be flowing quite freely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

you should be grand at 7am. Commuted from Portlaoise for 9 months. Traffic usually heaviest from 8-9.30 unless there's an accident. Traffic inbound to city will be busiest monday and eases off over the week. It's the reverse outbound so expect a pain in the hole leaving Dublin anytime after 3 until 7.30 on a friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I leave home at 7am every morning and there is barely any traffic. 710am and I can see the difference. Newlands will be fine, given that its a major artery you may get one or two sequences of the lights but it'll be absolutely fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Live Drive

Hi Big Cheese, the last few months has seen traffic build at around 7.15 but even that would only be a 5-7 minute delay. The next couple of months should be fine with the schools off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Big Cheese

Hi all, thanks for all the comments. They are all very helpful and answered my question perfectly. 7min delay doesn't seem too bad even with a bit of traffic. Not as bad as I was expecting anyway. Dublin City traffic updates are very good on the radio station mentioned, great tip. Cheers all.

• Advertisement

Just to warn you there is a new road layout there this morning and traffic is far heavier than it has been recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭chuckyarelaw

Why would you not head to the m4 at Maynooth? Seems almost same distance ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Live Drive wrote: »
    Just to warn you there is a new road layout there this morning and traffic is far heavier than it has been recently.
    I went through (northbound) last night at 23:15 and it took 15 mins to go from the previous exit (Grange Castle Road) to the other side of the Newlands Cross junction. 3 lanes went down to 1. We were stop and go. And there was very little traffic. A mess.

From looking at twitter, there were 90 mins earlier in the day. :eek:

The issues on the N7 have been resolved now. The bus lane has been removed so there are 4 lanes. It's actually moving better now than it has since the start of the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Hi al, I'll soon be commuting the opposite direction- from Dublin out to Kildare.

Just wanted to check how traffic outward is in the morning and inward in the evening??

I'm assuming I'll be ok and going against the main traffic...

• Advertisement

Outwards is fine in the mornings, but in the evenings it can go back to the Green Isle Hotel which is about a 12 minute delay to clear Newlands Cross.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

LiveDrive, since you are representing a company you will need a Verified rep account. Please check the Private Message I sent to you on 24th July about this and please do not post again until you have contacted us.

Thank you.

Advertisement