Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rail Travel: AI Hurling Semi-Final 2014, Sunday 17th

• 28-07-2014 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭

Cork and Tipperary will be playing an All Ireland Hurling semi final in Croke Park on Sunday 17th.August. It is the first time for two these counties to meet in a Championship match in Dublin and it will attract a huge attendance.

I wonder will the casual rail traveller, tourist, etc. who shows up at a Rail Station along the route e.g. Limerick Junction, Templemore, etc. be able to get a seat on a morning train on the day?

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Xenophile wrote: »
    Cork and Tipperary will be playing an All Ireland Hurling semi final in Croke Park on Sunday 17th.August. It is the first time for two these counties to meet in a Championship match in Dublin and it will attract a huge attendance.

I wonder will the casual rail traveller, tourist, etc. who shows up at a Rail Station along the route e.g. Limerick Junction, Templemore, etc. be able to get a seat on a morning train on the day?

Could be hard they may have to stand the whole way up. Id advise anyone traveling that day to reserve a seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Highly unlikely. These trains often sell out and given that both sets of fans will be traveling on the same train line a sell out is probable. Even if not sold out, I'd say no seats available after Mallow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved from our Travel forum to where it would be better suited in Commuting & Transport.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

the paper today reckons that it'll be a sell out, so thats 82,000 that need to get to Dublin somehow.
    The website says that preference will be given to those who purchased online, but i presume they mean folks who have a seat reservation - but such clarity would obviously be a little much to ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭trellheim

Surely there must be a fair amount of spare sets to put on as extras

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

the paper today reckons that it'll be a sell out, so thats 82,000 that need to get to Dublin somehow.
    The website says that preference will be given to those who purchased online, but i presume they mean folks who have a seat reservation - but such clarity would obviously be a little much to ask.

Thank you, I would be interested to know what newspaper.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

trellheim wrote: »

Begob,sure is'nt there a whole hape of Mk 3's down the North Wall...:) :):) ?

AND we get to put the Garda Croke Park Traffic Management Plan into operation again....appropriate warnings are already being sent to non-GAA types who may be intending to walk,run,get the bus,or drive to Dublin Airport on the Day ;)

Bring it ON Garth,bring it ON ;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

[QUOTE=AlekSmart;91483418 Bring it ON Garth,bring it ON ;)[/QUOTE]

No five in a row in Croke Park..............Ever !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,924 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Begob,sure is'nt there a whole hape of Mk 3's down the North Wall...:) :):) ?

AND we get to put the Garda Croke Park Traffic Management Plan into operation again....appropriate warnings are already being sent to non-GAA types who may be intending to walk,run,get the bus,or drive to Dublin Airport on the Day ;)

Bring it ON Garth,bring it ON ;)

Not any more - they've virtually all been scrapped.

trellheim wrote: »

There is a very limited number of spare trains these days at the weekend. That being said they may add some extra services, but these would be in the planning stage right now.

The maintenance spare Mark 4 set will probably be pushed into use, but I'd suggest to anyone that wants to travel that they book online or wait until after 13:00 when the match traffic will have cleared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Thank you, I would be interested to know what newspaper.
    independent this morning
    Tickets flying out the door for All-Ireland showdowns
    The first championship clash of Tipperary and Cork in Croke Park is already predicted to be a sell-out on August 17 and there was also a steady trade online yesterday for tickets (€40 stand, €25 Hill 16) for the first semi-final between Limerick and Kilkenny on August 10.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/tickets-flying-out-the-door-for-allireland-showdowns-30466195.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement