Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail - possibility of a refund on portion of trip

Options
  • 29-07-2014 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I bought a family return ticket to dublin yesterday at the ticket office setting me back 41 euro. When we got to dublin something personal arose that forced us to rethink our plans and we ended up travelling home by car we had to be picked up in a hurry. I am wondering if irish rail will refund a portion of the ticket given the fact we did not return by train or is it a case that once you use any part of the service thats the end of it. I am just curious tbh if they dont its not a major big deal

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

nd001 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I bought a family return ticket to dublin yesterday at the ticket office setting me back 41 euro. When we got to dublin something personal arose that forced us to rethink our plans and we ended up travelling home by car we had to be picked up in a hurry. I am wondering if irish rail will refund a portion of the ticket given the fact we did not return by train or is it a case that once you use any part of the service thats the end of it. I am just curious tbh if they dont its not a major big deal

Thanks in advance

No, however it might be worth a try explaining the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nd001

thanks jamie i might give it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

hardly worth asking as the single fare would probably be almost as much as the return.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

No refund due on any unused part of a return ticket.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

nd001 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Thanks in advance

Highly unlikely as it was something that happened on your side, not Irish Rails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nd001

Thanks to everyone for their input think I will just leave it be

Advertisement