Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Music All Access live in Ireland

• 07-08-2013 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭

Live now in Ireland

With All Access, you can enjoy unlimited listening to millions of songs, create personalised radio and skip as much as you want. Start your trial by 15/09/2013 and you’ll pay only €7.99 a month.

Comments

We're cheaper than the UK? WHAT IS THIS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

We're cheaper than the UK? WHAT IS THIS?
    SHHHH! Before anyone notices!
    Movies and Devices next please Google!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Yeah it's nice. 7.99 just seems wrong though!very cheap for all that music.

I notice the Atoms for Peace stuff is on it.. Does that mean I shouldn't feel guilty and artists do well out of the Google arrangement? :-)

Handy having my own library alongside the streaming access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭long_b

They've got their work cut out for them though - Spotify is very polished in comparison and has great music discovery features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nice, gonna give this a try!

Currently paying Spotify 9.99 a month, so I might be able to save a whopping 24 bucks a year if this works out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

The price is showing up as dollars for me. I did change my cc months ago to get the American all access. I can't get it back to Irish now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭mossie

nedd wrote: »
    The price is showing up as dollars for me. I did change my cc months ago to get the American all access. I can't get it back to Irish now.

I'm having the same problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

How do I get this set up? I can't see anything in the play music app to sign up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

OhHiMark wrote: »
    How do I get this set up? I can't see anything in the play music app to sign up for it.

Menu, settings, all access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Odd, I don't have that option.

Wait, I got it working from the play music site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Do i have to subscribe to get the free trial? I tired to get it and it wanted to access my ccard details..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Any info yet on how the music catalog compares to spotify? paying 9.99 a month for spotify but incredibly annoying when i find some music is not available in ireland for whatever reason... or better, when there's like 3 tracks of an album that are available and the rest are not........:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

long_b wrote: »
    Spotify is very polished in comparison and has great music discovery features.

How does it compare, feature wise ? Anyone seen a comparison guide out there ? Last one I saw was from very early on in Google music and Spotify came out on top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Saadyst wrote: »
    Any info yet on how the music catalog compares to spotify? paying 9.99 a month for spotify but incredibly annoying when i find some music is not available in ireland for whatever reason... or better, when there's like 3 tracks of an album that are available and the rest are not........:confused:

Seems songs not available on Spotify, not available on this either from a quick look. Stairway to heaven etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

ThisRegard wrote: »
    How does it compare, feature wise ? Anyone seen a comparison guide out there ? Last one I saw was from very early on in Google music and Spotify came out on top.

Its way nicer looking than spotify anyway and the recommendations are much better, just checked there and spotify recommends me 4 albums by Chubby Checker. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Using it now for the first time.
    Not bad at all, much slicker interface but has cut out a few times on me already.

I have been using spotify since it first launched (in the UK) and I can't see me giving it up for this.

I also have a ton of my own music uploaded to the play app and its great for that, music that isnt on spotify or play (i.e Led Zeppelin, the beatles, Rammstein, AC-DC etc)

I will see how my free months trial goes and take it from there..

Small.thing - the big G don't have the artist bio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Cale

EGriff wrote: »
    spotify recommends me 4 albums by Chubby Checker. :confused:

:pac:

Just opted into it a bit earlier. It's class!

The recommendations are great alright. Probably won't bother with Spotify for the simple reason that I couldn't be bothered with two music services.

Have my entire library on Google Play too so...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

There are some pros and cons I guess. On the one hand then it seems if the same music is not available on both apps it's more to do with IRMA...

There's also other things to consider such as-

-playlists already setup on spotify
    -2 euro difference
    -web-app only for desktops
    -spotify is available as an app/feature on some media devices (e.g. WD devices)

Will keep an eye on this before the deal expires...:cool:

• Advertisement

I find the Spotify windows app is a complete dog and slows down my PC very noticeably.

Better off without it IMHO - YMMV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

They've got their work cut out for them though - Spotify is very polished in comparison and has great music discovery features.

tbh I cancelled my spotify sub because I'm like, into non mainstream genres or whatever :pac: and spotify just didn't have a lot of the music I was looking for.

Wonder if google is any different

I haven't seen the option to download music like you can on Spotify. Have I gone blind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I find the Spotify windows app is a complete dog and slows down my PC very noticeably.

Better off without it IMHO - YMMV

Never had any issues with it, I leave it running in the background even when not in use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I haven't seen the option to download music like you can on Spotify. Have I gone blind?
    Should be a tag to make available offline

Chinpool wrote: »
    Should be a tag to make available offline

It's the "Keep on device" option

When I try to subscribe the price comes up as $9.99 and when I proceed I get "The item you were attempting to purchase could not be found".

I did sign up via vpn for the US trial but had the cancel as it would not actually charge my credit card.

Any ideas? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's the "Keep on device" option

Can't for the life of my find this on Chrome or android.

It's in the Play Music app.
    I see it on the "Listen Now" screen - click.the dots on the lower rhs of the album

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

You have to add the song to your library first, then find the song in there and click keep on device.

Bit awkward but that's the only way I can see of doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

mossie wrote: »
    When I try to subscribe the price comes up as $9.99 and when I proceed I get "The item you were attempting to purchase could not be found".

I did sign up via vpn for the US trial but had the cancel as it would not actually charge my credit card.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I'm having the same trouble as you, I found this on the Google support site:

Signing up when traveling outside of United States

Existing United States users of Google Play Music who are traveling outside of the United States are experiencing difficulties signing up for Google Play Music All Access. Our team is investigating this issue at this time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Gonna wait until maybe the 14/9 to sign up. Currently using Rdio which is great and have 74 days left in my subscription. I was so excited when I saw that it's available in Éire :D Also, poor UK with that £7/£10 price tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Seems songs not available on Spotify, not available on this either from a quick look. Stairway to heaven etc.

Stairway to Heaven is there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,105 ✭✭✭✭listermint

mossie wrote: »

Any ideas? Thanks.
    Pyro Boy wrote: »
    I'm having the same trouble as you, I found this on the Google support site:

Signing up when traveling outside of United States

Existing United States users of Google Play Music who are traveling outside of the United States are experiencing difficulties signing up for Google Play Music All Access. Our team is investigating this issue at this time.

Have you tried adding you CC to your google wallet in your general google preferences.

What will happen then is google will see you have a CC linked through wallet and give you the appropriate option.

Ive found that if you dont have the CC there pre existing and try signing up through the pricing pop up it will default to dollars and have issues from then on in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Gonna spend some time fixing my album art for all my music in the cloud :)

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »
    Stairway to Heaven is there

How can I not find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Stairway to Heaven isn't on it. If you're seeing it it's from your library. No Zep on there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 markg1961

Hi All,
    I have a cc in google wallet that I have used before with google. When I go to signup for this new service, and click on start trial, it tells me that my cc is an unsupported one and instead of showing he amount of €7.99, the total shows up as $9.99. I have been on to google music support and there is a ticket opened for this issue. The cc and billing address is in Ireland and not the usa. I see a few people have this same issue. Has anyone else have had this problem and had it sorted? TIA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Cale

markg1961 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I have a cc in google wallet that I have used before with google. When I go to signup for this new service, and click on start trial, it tells me that my cc is an unsupported one and instead of showing he amount of €7.99, the total shows up as $9.99. I have been on to google music support and there is a ticket opened for this issue. The cc and billing address is in Ireland and not the usa. I see a few people have this same issue. Has anyone else have had this problem and had it sorted? TIA.

Are you using the card you initially used to sign up to Google music?

I originally signed up via Tunnel Bear as if I was in the States, but I changed the card I originally used (and my details) and made a purchase on the Play Store.

Maybe that's the reason it worked for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Pininfarina

Hi All,

Same issue here with the unsupported payment method. Instead of showing the amount in dollars as you see, I see it in sterling. I haven't gotten this sorted yet.

I remember I did some messing about a few months back trying to get my account to appear as if it was in the UK so as to get Devices available to me so maybe it's something to do with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 markg1961

Now I remember that I had bought a tablet while I was in the USA which had google music on it. I must have put on the credit card then. I have deleted the card in google wallet and put it back in again, put in a new billing address and still it won't allow me in. When I tried to add in another payment method while at the ordering screen, it only gives countries around the usa where this has been launched.

I have a ticket opened with technical support in google play music but I am not sure when I will get a reply back. Does anyone have any ideas of how to get the system to recognise that I am not in the us? I do not know if downloading google play from the app store will help with this but I am afraid I will lose what songs I have in the app. If I cannot get this to work, I will probaly have to go back to spotify. TIA.

What's the handiest way of clearing the local music off the app and just use it for streaming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Hi All,

I have the existing card I have always used with google play / wallet, and I also added another. Both show as unsupported. I think it's because I signed up previously by a vpn, at least that's all I can come up with.

Settings->Apps->Play Music->Clear Data

Go into the app and settings->untick cache during playback

Oooooo didn't work.

listermint wrote: »
    Have you tried adding you CC to your google wallet in your general google preferences.

What will happen then is google will see you have a CC linked through wallet and give you the appropriate option.

Ive found that if you dont have the CC there pre existing and try signing up through the pricing pop up it will default to dollars and have issues from then on in.

Tried this with two separate cards and get "unsupported payment type" for both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Gonna spend some time fixing my album art for all my music in the cloud :)

Can you do this?

Any idea how?

Google made a hash with ids of some of my more underground shtuff....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Oooooo didn't work.

Do you mean songs you have on your card or songs youve made available offline from google music?
    If the 1st just delete them from your sd card. If the 2nd you have to go to each album in the app and remove the make available offline pin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Have you gone to Google Walet and removed us cc and replaced with eireanach cc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

If you add stuff to My Library from this will it stay there after the free trial ends? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement