Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Music - Changed folders and can't upload

• 02-07-2012 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hey,
    I scanned my entire music collection to Google Music to prepare for upload. Seeing how long the actual uploading was taking, I decided to change the folder it was uploading from to one that I could drop albums in to one after the other, so that I could pick and choose which ones to get online first, rather than waiting for loads of stuff I never listen to to be uploaded.

However, now it seems it doesn't consider the relocated files 'new songs', and won't upload them, even when I put them back to the original folder. It seems that since it scanned these files already, they're considered duplicates. I read that in order to reupload songs you deleted from Google Music, you have to change the song info of every track!

Was hoping for a quicker way around this, maybe a way to clear the scan or something??

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If it says its a dupe then it already has them online, whats the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Overthrow

ED E wrote: »
    If it says its a dupe then it already has them online, whats the issue?

Well it doesn't say it's a dupe, it simply won't upload them. Also as far as I remember it scans the folder that you want to upload from and lists the files before upload. I think that if the files are rescanned it considers them duplicates, without having to upload them - meaning that I can't actually get the songs online at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Stop google music and restart (log out of and relog if possible). If still not working uninstall and reinstall it. Then it should start to pick up the new files.

Advertisement