Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google maps offline

• 06-06-2012 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

Looks like a great news:
    Google Maps for Android Will Be Available Offline and Let You Navigate When There’s No Reception

Android: Soon you'll be able to preload Google Maps on your Android phone and save your wireless minutes, according to an announcement today by Google. Offline Google Maps means you can navigate when traveling abroad or get directions in the subway or other places where you don't have any reception.

With GPS, you'll even be able to track your location on the map via a blue dot and see the compass.

The maps should be large enough to cover a metropolitan area (the size of the San Francisco Bay Area) and also show you detail down to the street level, according to The Next Web.

The next version of Google Maps for Android should be rolling out in the next few weeks worldwide.

Source: http://lifehacker.com/5916279/google-maps-for-android-will-be-available-offline

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

This is great news, the fact you needed phone signal was one of its only downfalls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Is this because of the iMaps jazz or will they have that too? If not, great! :D

I just watched the video thing saying 75% of all people can see their house on Google Maps, not in Kildare you can't, lame!
    I'm also getting a weird flickering on Gmaps from the latest version today, what's up with it? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Am I missing something here, you could already pre-cache an area in maps which sounds just like what's being described here, what's the difference ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Am I missing something here, you could already pre-cache an area in maps which sounds just like what's being described here, what's the difference ?

You couldn't used directions with pre-cached areas without a data connection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i hope its more successful and reliable than the current cache thing

Advertisement