Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Music Tomorrow?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

I'm not so sure.

First time I heard about Apples version, I thought, AMNESTY, here we go, all illicit past is forgiven.

However now I think it's just the worlds greatest database of illicit downloading outside of thepiratebay, if Metallica or whoever take the hump, off they go to Apple and sue the sh!te out of thousands ney millions of people!

This is probably more likely with Google's service though as at least with apple they get a slice of the $25p.a., with Google, nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

As far as I know Google are paying the labels, same as Apple and Amazon. Only difference is Google are taking the hit themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

As far as I know Google are paying the labels, same as Apple and Amazon. Only difference is Google are taking the hit themselves.

Oh - didn't know that - great! Still holding back on using this for now anyway - sure between having a 64gb Micro SD card and truely awful O2 3G coverage, I don't see the need for it, just yet anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

mollser wrote: »
    I'm not so sure.

However now I think it's just the worlds greatest database of illicit downloading outside of thepiratebay, if Metallica or whoever take the hump, off they go to Apple and sue the sh!te out of thousands ney millions of people!

I think that is just paranoid musings of a crazy person. I have no basis for that opinion but I'm sticking by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

mollser wrote: »

!

If that were to happen (and I'm sure it won't) how will the music labels be able to tell the difference between the music I ripped from my own cds or bought legally from sites like 7 digital and music illegally downloaded?

• Advertisement
Advertisement