Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged Patio Door Causing Very High Heating Bill

Options
  • 12-04-2013 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi everyone!

I live in a 2 bed apartment on the ground floor.

The patio door out to the balcony does not close correctly since I moved in and allows a very strong draft into the apartment.

I have emailed the letting agent on numerous occasions since October (Moving in month) of last year in relation to this.

To date they have stated that it will be fixed but no arrangements have been made.

Obviously this has been a very cold winter/spring and the apartment is constantly cold.

The heating bill has been through the roof, a fact we have notified the letting agency.

I would like to know am I entitled to request a reduction in rent to repay to money paid towards the large heating bills due to this problem with the apartment that has not been corrected and the agency was made aware of months ago?

I have emailed the Tenancy Board but this will take up to 15 days for a response and I would like to know as soon as possible before my next rent payment is due!!

Thank in advance!
    Tagged:

Advertisement