Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Negative head pump not working

Options
  • 27-07-2015 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi The Negative head pumps in our apartment caused some trouble over last 2 years - where it stopped working and take out fuse and put it back in again to get it working. Now when I take out fuse and put in again - not working at all. Called out a plumber to look and he says cannot get parts and needs to be replaced -which is 600 euro. Can I get parts for these pumps ? Is it worth getting another pumber who knows more about Negative head pumps? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

you need to post the details of the pump, perhaps a picture or 2.
    It could be the capacitor which should be replaceable but we need to know the pump type because during the boom a lot of cheap crap was brought in for apartments building, locks, hinges, pumps, plumbing kit, light fittings, etc so you may have one of those. If so....:(
    Neg head pumps are expensive yes but explain the plumbing setup that requires a neg head

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

The pump make is 'stuart turner'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

harry999 wrote: »
    Hi The Negative head pumps in our apartment caused some trouble over last 2 years - where it stopped working and take out fuse and put it back in again to get it working. Now when I take out fuse and put in again - not working at all. Called out a plumber to look and he says cannot get parts and needs to be replaced -which is 600 euro. Can I get parts for these pumps ? Is it worth getting another pumber who knows more about Negative head pumps? Thanks
    harry999 wrote: »
    The pump make is 'stuart turner'

Stuart Turner Negative Head pumps are one of the most repairable pumps you could have with almost every spare part being available. Out of all the call outs I would do to these pumps, it would be a rarity that I would have to replace the pump itself, so get a second opinion on it.

From what you describe above, either the capacitor or the printed circuit board needs replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

Thanks for reply - I'm in Lucan in Dublin -would you know of any good plumber in the area which know about these pumps. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

P.M. sent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement