Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2015: Round 10 - Hungarian GP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Eh, Danny Kvyat is in 2nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Oh Riccardo made a bit of a mess of that. Went in too deep. Rosberg got a puncture. Maybe that was Rosbergs fault Looks like Rosberg won,t be getting any points now very unlucky. Looks like Hamilton will be keeping the championship lead.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

CFlat wrote: »
    Jaysus lads we could have a Mc on the podium yet lol!!!

2 laps and Grosjean left...could still happen
    !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Such a shame the whole pack weren't allowed to bunch up behind the safety car before the restart. Could have been a potential podium for Alonso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

If Ric gets a penalty that's verstappen in third.
    Another penalty for Crashtor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

It's getting to the stage today we could end up seeing Maldonado getting a race ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭strawdog

I see that as ricciardos fault, he was too far back to make pass work so wasn't in full control. Rosberg couldn't react properly to such an unpredictable move

Ms

Alonso in 5th think he will be very happy with that. Jenson not so happy still in 9th. Well done to Vettel and Ferrari.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

The BBC commentary is really annoying me today, it's still all smoke up Hamilton's ass. Alonso in fifth and just got a cursory first mention there.

Great win for Vettle and Ferrari on what used to be the most boring track on the calendar. That was an awesome race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Absolutely delighted for Vettel and Kyvat.

Well done Alonso and Button.

Happy to see Ham still ahead. I can't warm to Rosberg, not after the stunts he pulled last year.

That was amazing

Ms

Think this will be the race of the season. It was fantastic so much happening.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Love Ferraris passion for this sport.

Nice words from Vettle there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

No action on Ricciardo + Rosberg: call it a "racing incident".

Hamiton is in the points - in 6th.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭decies

Quick question am with UPC I notice sky sports 1 is showing the F1 , I thought it was only on sky digital dedicated f1 channel . When and why did this change ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Great race love the passion of the Ferrari guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

mailforkev wrote: »
    The BBC commentary is really annoying me today, it's still all smoke up Hamilton's ass. Alonso in fifth and just got a cursory first mention there.

Could be worse. Sky spent a good 6 minutes pre race saying how he was "invincible" around the Hungaroing...

Glad Vettel won, the radio proves what a class act he is.

Wonder did Kimi do enough to save his seat over the last two races?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭BikeRacer

The selective criticism of Lewis Hamilton on this forum is beyond funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

decies wrote: »
    Quick question am with UPC I notice sky sports 1 is showing the F1 , I thought it was only on sky digital dedicated f1 channel . When and why did this change ??

Sky seem to do this when BBC are showing the race live, not sure why!

Brilliant race, best this season by far. Hope we have a few more like this before the seasons over.

mailforkev wrote: »
    Glad Vettel won, the radio proves what a class act he is.

Wonder did Kimi do enough to save his seat over the last two races?

Ya have to wonder does Kimi still want it sometimes. Will Ferrari want Bottas leave Williams to another team for the sake of Kimi having another year?

How awesome is Arrivebene! :D

How awesome is Arrivebene! :D

Angry Pizza

bennyx_o wrote: »

Brilliant race, best this season by far. Hope we have a few more like this before the seasons over.

Only way they can try and bring back up their numbers. Sky have been dropping down for over a year now, while the BBC have actually gone up.

bennyx_o wrote: »

Can you get Sky F1 with the SD package? Maybe it's to keep SD customers from watching it on BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭strawdog

Ya have to wonder does Kimi still want it sometimes. Will Ferrari want Bottas leave Williams to another team for the sake of Kimi having another year?

I think his move at the start shows he still wants it. It's just needs to stop making small mistakes and stop having bad luck. May be too late tho

Who said Formula 1 is boring? Hang your heads in shame I say ;)

• Advertisement

_rebelkid wrote: »
    Only way they can try and bring back up their numbers. Sky have been dropping down for over a year now, while the BBC have actually gone up.

I have Sky Sports F1 but still watch it on the BBC if they have it live. As I suspect a lot of people do.

I do like Ted and his notebook though.

Nice trousers buddy. :p

What would happen if Verstappen did get third. Would they give him a 2ltr bottle of 7up on the podium :D

What would happen if Verstappen did get third. Would they give him a 2ltr bottle of 7up on the podium :D

No, they would have given him a flagon of cider and asked him to drink it out the back of the podium:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ricimaki

A Red-Bull driver academy 1-2-3-4! Helmut Marko must be very pleased with himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭decies

So when no F1 is on BBC they don't show it off the dedicated Sky F1 channel then ? Seems petty if that's the case !!

• Advertisement

So when no F1 is on BBC they don't show it off the dedicated Sky F1 channel then ? Seems petty if that's the case !!

When BBC don't have it, sky only put it on the F1 channel. When BBC have it live they show it on both Ss1 and Sky F1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,250 ✭✭✭✭flazio

But then what incentive would you have to buy Sky Sports F1 channel?

Most exciting race for a long time and a deserving win for Vettel.

flazio wrote: »
    But then what incentive would you have to buy Sky Sports F1 channel?

All of the other sessions and live press conferences. Also when it isn't being shown on the BBC in the UK your only other option is Sky. They don't have the Setanta option.

Formula 1 has driven me to the point where I don't really care any more. I decided to go out with the family half an hour into the race....and then this happened.

Shame races like this are extremely rare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Basil3 wrote: »
    Formula 1 has driven me to the point where I don't really care any more. I decided to go out with the family half an hour into the race....and then this happened.

Shame races like this are extremely rare.

You were crazy to see first half hour and still leave, was already well on it's way to being a classic by that stage.

You were crazy to see first half hour and still leave, was already well on it's way to being a classic by that stage.

Nope, when I left it was still odds on for the two Mercs and two Ferrari's in the top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

BikeRacer wrote: »
    The best driver on the track will probably have their mistakes scrutinised to a greater extent than other drivers, perhaps a little unfairly. After a flawless Fri/Sat he had, by his standards, a poor race.

After tightening up his sloppiness in qualifying from last year, his Achilles heel this year appears to be race starts (perhaps a Mercedes issue rather than solely Hamilton) and restarts.

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    The best driver on the track will probably have their mistakes scrutinised to a greater extent than other drivers, perhaps a little unfairly. After a flawless Fri/Sat he had, by his standards, a poor race.

After tightening up his sloppiness in qualifying from last year, his Achilles heel this year appears to be race starts (perhaps a Mercedes issue rather than solely Hamilton) and restarts.

I dont know, I think the best driver on the track did a great job today. He got his car from 15th to 5th..oh and BTW it's not a Mercedes engine it's a Honda...ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭BikeRacer

Jimoslimos wrote: »

That's fair enough.
    The selective nit picking of radio messages I was talking about though, the 'moany' messages. There were plenty of 'moany' messages today from different people but the only one that was highlighted here was Hamiltons.
    For example Rosberg basically told his race engineer to shut up at one point and not a peep here from anyone about it.
    Hamilton then takes his penalty like a man, nothing.
    Hamilton apologizing to the team for his mistake, nothing.

Also, people complaining about about watching British tv stations 'blowing smoke ' up a British drivers ass, what do they expect? It's like giving out about RTE talking up an Irish athlete, of course that's going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

That's fair enough.
    The selective nit picking of radio messages I was talking about though, the 'moany' messages. There were plenty of 'moany' messages today from different people but the only one that was highlighted here was Hamiltons.
    For example Rosberg basically told his race engineer to shut up at one point and not a peep here from anyone about it.
    Hamilton then takes his penalty like a man, nothing.
    Hamilton apologizing to the team for his mistake, nothing.

Also, people complaining about about watching British tv stations 'blowing smoke ' up a British drivers ass, what do they expect? It's like giving out about RTE talking up an Irish athlete, of course that's going to happen.
    Agree, all drivers will get snappy over the radio at some stage. They're human and under massive stress (physical and mental). Too much gets read into it at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

What do you mean?

He's a top quality driver no doubt - but I don't like him at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What a race, fantastic stuff & very enjoyable...I didn't want it to end!

Hamilton fluffed the start (again), & it ultimately cost him big time. He commented on Nico cutting across his line, which looking back, wasn't an accurate judgement of the situation. I think Lewis just cooked it, & was lucky to get back on the track at all (looked like he nearly spun). After that, once he got past Massa (I think he was 8th or 9th by then?), he was lapping a few tenths quicker than Seb who was leading, & Lewis done very well to close right back up to Nico just before the safety car. Post-safety car, I think it was a case of cold tires & overspeed which led to the impact with Ricciardo, which again, sent him back down the order.

I thought Nico Rosberg was by far, the most disappointing driver of the day today. Dropping back from the two Ferrari's in 3rd, while Lewis in 9th was lapping faster than Seb raises serious questions in my opinion. What was Nico at? Massive opportunity lost is what I'd consider today for Nico, instead of hustling that Merc around & putting pressure on the Ferrari's, he dropped back like he was driving something other than the best car on the grid. Very disappointing showing, & another example of the class difference between him & his team mate. Interesting to hear his snappy comments to his engineer too, something Lewis always gets lambasted over. Double standards showing there.

Seb was fantastic today, it was like the Vettel of old...burst in P1 & dominate from there. Flawless, a very well deserved win & his podium interview was excellent, emotional, but with class and dignity. Kimi yet again blighted by bad luck, and losing another podium due to reliability. He never really showed he had any answers for Seb anyway regardless.

Ricciardo, some proper ballsy moves - the guy is a demon under braking. He wasn't at fault in the Hamilton incident, but its fair to say he shares some of the blame for the Rosberg inciden - he was probably asking a bit too much of his tires & brakes to make that pass. Still though, we all want drivers who push & race hard and that's exactly what Ricciardo does. A very well deserved podium finish, with one eye on the race win. Nice to see Kvyat up there too for his first ever podium....great day for Red Bul..

McLaren, wtf? 5th place?? Crazy stuff...I think very highly of Alonso but 5th is the level of dreams for McLarn, I'm not sure how he held onto that position at all, but he did.

Maldonado, lol, keeping the stewards in a job :D

Overall, a cracking race. Roll on the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TomBtheGoat

I haven't watched a live F1 race in along time and what a race to get back in touch. I thought it was fantastic from start to finish. And I thought the tribute Vettel paid to Bianchi over the radio, as he approached the finish line was very classy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Just fantastic.
    Spa is usually a good race to watch so I hope some of the racing today carries over. I think it holds the record for most incidents in a dry race!

• Advertisement
Advertisement