Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any SpongeBob fans on the Arts & Crafts forum? (Seriously)

Options
  • 16-07-2015 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Ok, let me explain.

I am doing a SpongeBob theme aquarium in my local school. I have all the bits and pieces I need,

sz9bh2.jpg

I want to make Sandys Treedome. If you're not not familiar with Sandys Treedome this is what it looks like,

The_Treedome.jpg

I cannot find a container that's a suitable shape, so I'm thinking if I could get one of these,

Chicken+Toy+2.jpg

and cut it in half, I'd have something resembling the shape I'm looking for.

Would any of you guys know where I might find a bottle or container like that? Ideally it would need to be plastic as it would be easier to cut and the Dome would need to be at least 15cm (6 inches) when cut.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mods, if you think you can find a more suitable forum for this request, feel free to move it......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

I have no idea sorry, Just thought I'd say that the rest of the stuff look deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Are you talking about keeping the lid section? to make the entrance?

Since if you found a perfect dome you could make the entrance bit from something else. I am thinking of easter egg containers or something.

I'd be checking in €2 shops for containers or sweet containers.

I searched "dome" in dealz and found this for 1.49
    http://www.dealz.ie/glitter-dome-kit
    at 1.49 its probably tiny though

The arts & craft forum might be better. I was thinking the beer & wine forum but most bottles would be glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

If I found the perfect dome I'd make the entrance from something else. I was thinking Easter egg packaging too. Just back from looking around a few shops and noting suitable yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

How big is it? Can you find a large snowglobe?

Gordon wrote: »
    How big is it? Can you find a large snowglobe?

I've been looking for a snow globe, but I can't find one. It would be ideal.

Looking for about a 15cm diameter dome.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

What about a gerbil or hamster ball? Such as this? It's not totally smooth, but it could be an option.

I'm wondering would the arts and crafts forum be better?

ozzy jr wrote: »
    I've been looking for a snow globe, but I can't find one. It would be ideal.

Looking for about a 15cm diameter dome.
    Ah yeah, missed where you stated size. Could trawl adverts.ie I suppose. http://touch.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_Snow+globe/

Must be some people that have semi broken snow globes that would prefer to see them put them to good use out there.

Bottle reminds me of Pom. Can you get Pom pomegranate juice in Ireland?

http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/main/beverages/juices/pomegranate-juice-reviews3.asp

Faith wrote: »
    What about a gerbil or hamster ball? Such as this? It's not totally smooth, but it could be an option.

I'm wondering would the arts and crafts forum be better?

Have looked at the Hamster ball and it could be used as a last resort. Would prefer a smooth surface though.

Mods, move to Arts and Craft if you wish.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

ozzy jr wrote: »

Mods, move to Arts and Craft if you wish.....

I've moved it into Arts & Crafts because the posters here are much more likely to be able to help you. Knowing the good folk in Food & Drink though, they'll still wrack their brains on your behalf and there still will be a link in there.

If you wish to change the title of your thread now, click on Edit and then on Go Advanced, and that will enable you to do it.

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement

I've moved it into Arts & Crafts because the posters here are much more likely to be able to help you. Knowing the good folk in Food & Drink though, they'll still wrack their brains on your behalf and there still will be a link in there.

If you wish to change the title of your thread now, click on Edit and then on Go Advanced, and that will enable you to do it.

Best of luck :)

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 South Tipperary Arts Centre

looks great :)

Got this today in Dundrum Centre. It's the lid from one of those Sushi meals that goes around on the conveyor belt. It fits perfectly. I might build the sides up a bit with plastic from a coke bottle or something like that, so it should do the job,

2hoijox.jpg

Just an update if anyone is interested. Here's where I am at the moment. A couple of bits and pieces to be done, but it's shaping up,

6qxz5u.jpg

Put the final touches to the tank this morning, ahead of the big opening day tomorrow,

o6z4sj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

that is awesome!

Advertisement