Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OIL STOVE

• 26-07-2015 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello Guys,

Have a problem. I’m converting my solid fuel stove to a 6” Don Oil Burner. I'm concerned about fire safety. I have a Wheelhead fire valve and a KBB c 65 fire valve. The length of the coil on the KBB is approximately 5' (not long enough to be put next to the oil tank) and another smaller one approx. 6" long.

Where exactly do I put this KBB valve, its coils, and its thermostat? The 5' is not long enough to be put outside. Also, where do I put the Wheelhead fire valve?

Can I buy a spring (or other such instrument) to bend a 3/8 (10mm) copper pipe without it kinking to a 90° angle?

Thanks

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Yes, you can get a bender for 10mm tube.

The stove requires a kbb adjacent with the sensing bulb as close to the burner as possible, it then requires a second kbb fitted externally where the pipe enters the building with the sensing bulb fitted adjacent to the stove.

Wheelhead valves should not be fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jayw

Many thanks for that Billy Bunting. Excellent advise. Is it a spring that bends the 10mm copper pipe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Jayw wrote: »
    Many thanks for that Billy Bunting. Excellent advise. Is it a spring that bends the 10mm copper pipe?

You used to get a spring but these days its a bender, I got mine off amazon, google 10mm pipe bender.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jayw

That's great. Thanks again.

Advertisement