Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To replace hot water tank or not

Options
  • 26-07-2015 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I live in a 60 year old corporation house. My (copper) hot water tank in my downstairs hot press is the original one. I am thinking about getting some plumbing work done and the plumber has recommended that the tank (because of its age) is a leak risk, and should be replaced by something more modern. Has anyone out there got an opinion on this? (If it does have to come out, I intend to get it cut in half and use as flower containers in my back garden). G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Best replace it at that age and just make sure the plumber does think the old tank is his:)

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Best replace it at that age and just make sure the plumber does think the old tank is his:)

I think the new regs require that the installer recycles the cylinder in a manner that protects the environment. :D

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement