Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lime wizard water filter (pic)

Options
  • 17-10-2014 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Has anyone used this lime filter?

Does it work? would you recommend it?

67058BD52EE3474D857D103B0E15EB5C-0000346192-0003682285-00800L-A68C65A232A546EA819087BF98D84039.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Has anyone used this lime filter?

Does it work? would you recommend it?

Trying to find info about these online is though. Did you end up getting one of these gizmos?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭touchdown77

No, I went for a water softener instead

• Registered Users Posts: 33,135 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I searched for it, and I'd say it wouldn't work.

These little gizmo's simply do not work for limescale, despite anything you read.

Only way to deal with it is a proper water softening system.

Ended up getting one in the end installed about 1 year ago and its doing the job of softening the water. There is definitely a noticeable change in how much lime scale is in the showerhead. The triton T90z showerhead is easily detachable with a button release no major blockages like I have had in the past. Cleaned the showerhead holes out couple of weeks ago from an accumulation of 11 months of use. It did not have any big chunks of lime in the inner part of the head only in the exit holes on the head itself unblocked the build up with a piece of wire. Before getting one I had to unblock the showerhead every 3 months that had many 1mm lumps of lime scale present in both the shower head and when cold running the shower without the head connected. If you have the money for one I would recommend one. It is doing a good job for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,919 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Ended up getting one in the end installed about 1 year ago and its doing the job of softening the water. There is definitely a noticeable change in how much lime scale is in the showerhead. The triton T90z showerhead is easily detachable with a button release no major blockages like I have had in the past. Cleaned the showerhead holes out couple of weeks ago from an accumulation of 11 months of use. It did not have any big chunks of lime in the inner part of the head only in the exit holes on the head itself unblocked the build up with a piece of wire. Before getting one I had to unblock the showerhead every 3 months that had many 1mm lumps of lime scale present in both the shower head and when cold running the shower without the head connected. If you have the money for one I would recommend one. It is doing a good job for me.

These can make a huge difference. My only issue with them is the way they are designed they aren't suitable for every home. If the attic tank isn't raised at all off the attic floor it most likely won't fit. These have to be installed standing straight up so to speak. This means the belly of the filter must be below the bottom of the tank. It won't always fit in the joists.
    If the tank is raised then happy days. Limewizzard retails for around 65 to 75 Euro with a free filter. Additional filters are around 15 Euro. It's a very inexpensive set up IMO. You'll pay someone 150 to supply and fit a replacement element. Anyone living in a high limescale area should look at installing one of these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 shaymac

Hi iLikeWaffles

how did the Lime Wizard continue to perform? I am thinking of getting one. Thanks

Thanks for the reminder!... Definitely a huge difference in the shower head, it still can get clogged but less often. Only cleaned the head there last week, was meant to replace the filter. Got a good while out of it. Supposed to be 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Anyone know what Dimensions these Lime Wizard are to see if i could fit one.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ExtaticFob

Hi All,

Im in the process of building my house. We will sink for a well. The water in the area is very 'limey'. Just wondering if the Lime Wizard is a good option here. The alternative is a rain water harvesting tank, but the lime filter might be a more affordable option if the performance is good.

**(Im aware that the harvester cannot be used for drinking water etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,919 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

ExtaticFob wrote:
    Im in the process of building my house. We will sink for a well. The water in the area is very 'limey'. Just wondering if the Lime Wizard is a good option here. The alternative is a rain water harvesting tank, but the lime filter might be a more affordable option if the performance is good.

Lime wizard is only for the shower. Not suitable for a house. You really need a proper water softening system. Around 800 supplied & fitted though you might get it cheaper as you will have a plumber on site

• Advertisement
Advertisement