Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

adverts getting longer and longer on TV

• 24-09-2010 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭

I dont know if its me or does any one else here find that the telly ads are getting longer in the program breaks TV3 is the worst i find they have programs on for an hour but if you take all ads away its only 25min worth
    SKY IS AS BAD FOR IT it spoils viewing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

It's all a grand conspiracy to cater to the habits of smokers!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

i ****ing hate adverts with a passion. Nearly more time watching them than the show and 90% of them are retarded and head wrecking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Iv seen movies shorter than that bloody Halo Reach ad :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,042 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

http://consumerist.com/2010/09/spike-tv-home-of-the-10-minute-commercial-breaks.html

Here are the ingredients of one 10-minute ad break during an Aug. 27 airing of Entourage:

Spike started off with a promo for its UFC programming, then ran spots for DirecTV; Unilever's Axe shampoo; B.F. Goodrich; Schering-Plough's Zegerid OTC; Jack Link's beef jerky; VF Corp.'s Lee Jeans; Screen Gems' latest "Resident Evil" movie; AT&T; Miller Lite beer; and Progressive Insurance.

But wait, there's more: Ads also ran during the break for PepsiCo's Mtn Dew soda; Pep Boys; Trojan condoms; Outback Steakhouse; Mobil motor oil; Sony Corp.'s Vaio laptop; Diageo's Captain Morgan Lime Bite rum; Kraft Foods' Dentyne gum; a DVD for the FX program "Sons of Anarchy"; and UFC action figures. The break was then garnished with what appeared to be two ads from local cable operators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

yes all the ads are crap and never will understand why folk buy the products.
    that go compare ad it nearly makes me trow the telly out the window and the noise level goes tru the roof as well when they come on be great if some one could come up with an ad zapper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

The ads must be getting aroused

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

patwicklow wrote: »
    I dont know if its me or does any one else here find that the telly ads are getting longer in the program breaks TV3 is the worst i find they have programs on for an hour but if you take all ads away its only 25min worth

TV is, like, so 1980s, like.

And TV3 and SKY are just for shallow undereducated sorts who find soccer and all its commercially-motivated shenanigans to be interesting. Incomprehensible, utterly incomprehensible.

If I ever watch TV nowadays it's for documentaries on TG4, current affairs on RTÉ or educational programmes on National Geographic. I last watched TV about three months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I hate ads but what I really hate is why are so many ads dressing grown men up as old women. WTF? Who finds this funny? Retards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

patwicklow wrote: »

I love the ad for sky +.

Advertisement