Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funniest thing you've seen/heard lately

Options
  • 23-09-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Some people on boards are great storytellers, I've literally laughed out loud at some of the stories. Cries of Retail is my favourite thread for this. Any stories about people falling over always gets me laughing, I'm a terror for the old football in the groin humour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Everyone freakin out at facebook being down for an hour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Yeah TWO threads about it! Classic stuff. Although to be fair alot are ripping the piss too:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Take your pic.......huhuhuhuh.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/

Plenty of laughs in there. Some of which have made me chuckle recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Apparently some website about a book full of faces was down for a while? Not that I'd know about that.. *shifty eyes*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Stop hijacking the thread with Facebook nonsense!!!

I want to hear little stories not everyone trying to get loads of thanks for being witty and relevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Kimia wrote: »
    Stop hijacking the thread with Facebook nonsense!!!

I want to hear little stories not everyone trying to get loads of thanks for being witty and relevant.

I'm witty and relevant? Why thank you, that was like a compliment nestled inside of an insult. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

At the cinema last night and the place was packed, not a seat was left and people were struggling to find seats.

Then, as the last trailer played, this guy walked in carrying two large popcorns, two drinks, ice creams and whole load of other stuff he was barely hanging onto and just as he walked in front of the first row to make his way to the other side .. the film was about to start and so the lights went out.

In the pitch dark, all you could hear was a really loud: "Ah shit!"

Got a bigger laugh than anything in the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

OutlawPete wrote: »
    At the cinema last night and the place was packed, not a seat was left and people were struggling to find seats.

Then, as the last trailer played, this guy walked in carrying two large popcorns, two drinks, ice creams and whole load of other stuff he was barely hanging onto and just as he walked in front of the first row to make his way to the other side .. the film was about to start and so the lights went out.

In the pitch dark, all you could hear was a really loud: "Ah shit!"

Got a bigger laugh than anything in the movie.

So,what did ya drop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

alwaysadub wrote: »
    So,what did ya drop?

Just a pack of Werthers Originals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

During the great weather of early june,I seen an eastern european man at the beach sprayin son of a gun on himself thinking it was sun cream!:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

I saw two blind people with canes walk head-on into each other, they both made indignant faces like this:mad: and walked on thoroughly pissed off.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

I caught some scobe trying to steal my mates Gazeebo at electric picnic on the Saturday. Told him to cop on and in his off his head state starts a conversation boasting about his fake wristband/pass that cost him 70 euro.

I was coming into the picnic main entrance after a beer run Sunday and the security were wise to the fake bands and were clipping them off lads left right and centre :)

One rotten looking little scobe starting swearing blind his was real for about 4 minutes, as i was walking off I said to him ''70 yoyo's down the swannie boss'' and he turned around to me and said

''nah I only paid 30 for ihhhh''

what the heck's scobe?! sounds like posh for skanger. will stick to skanger thank yaw, like a flaming shell suit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

There's a real whingey horrible little bastard at work, navan man, 5 foot 3. He's on the shovel. One of the polish lads walked up to him the other day , says something and after a few dirty looks and a few "Wha....????" the little bastard tells the polish lad to go and fuk off or he'd burst him with the shovel. The polish lad was a bit shocked and he walked off. A few minutes later he arrived down and says to me "Do i look alright?" I said ya. He said "Do you think i lost weight?" I said no. "That cnt of a pole just asked me if i had cancer" he says. I thought thats a bit harsh....

Anyway about 20 minutes later the polish lad walks by and says to me "That guy is a fukin arsehole" so i said "oh ya, hows that?"
    He said "Well i asked him had he the consaw..."

Made my day:D

Star Bingo wrote: »
    what the heck's scobe?! sounds like posh for skanger. will stick to skanger thank yaw, like a flaming shell suit

You've never heard of a scobe before?

Posh me arse

but there's an o in scobe that can sound snobbish, when used by a snob. i'm not in a position to say which is worse but skanger has more thumbs

you kids, always looking to put a new label on something.. already done to death :rolleyes: the best word is taken!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Told this before in Motors, but hey.
    Years ago when I was a young fella, me and my dad were fishing in Corrib Village in Galway. The river was at the bottom of this road that was actually a steep hill that led back up to all the apartments.

So there we were, fishing away, looking out onto the river and we heard this constant yell that started out really low and then got louder and louder *aaaahhhhhhhhhh!*. We both looked at each other, turned around, and saw this young chubby girl of about 12 tearing down the hill on a bike, both legs spread wide infront of her, with the fear of god in her face and screaming like a mad thing.

Down the hill she flew towards us, obviously with zero ability to stop the bike, zoomed right past us and straight into the river! The front wheel hit the water like a brick, sending her lying over the handlebars and landing her flat on her face. We we absolutely gobsmacked, so much so that we didn't even laugh. She stood up in about 2 feet of water and had the wind knocked out of her, so she just kept making massive groaning noises "ooooooaaahhhh, ooaaaaaahhh". My dad asked her if she was alright, but she couldn't even speak as she gingerly plodded back up the hill with her bike.

I laugh every time I think about it, I can still see it clear as day and it must have been 15 years ago. :D

Star Bingo wrote: »
    but there's an o in scobe that can sound snobbish, when used by a snob. i'm not in a position to say which is worse but skanger has more thumbs

you kids, always looking to put a new label on something.. already done to death :rolleyes: the best word is taken!

I dont know what to make of that comment, good night..

knock yerself out. beware of the scooobes..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

In college today one of the lecturers (he's such an eejit) was cleaning off the whiteboard with the eraser type thingy, the eraser fell apart in his hands whilst wiping it on the board.
    The cloth part came apart and he didn't realize he was wiping the board with a block of wood.

I burst out laughing, must have looked weird because nobody else had noticed. (it was a slow day) :o

Was just walking around town today and one street in particular has some really quite large speed bumps on it, and one is bigger than the rest. Anyways was walking along and this proper dodgy done up chav mobile with an exhaust that sounded like it belonged on a tractor happens to be snoring along the road beside me, was funny enough watching him creeping up the speed bumps trying not to scrape the sh*t out of it but failing miserably, but the largest speed bump was up next...he takes it like the rest of them then all I hear is this almighty scrape and a bang followed by VROOM VROOM VROOOOOOOOM...he actualy got beached on the speed bump because his car was so low!!!! :D:D
    So he starts revving the sh*t out of it trying to move but obviously that just wasn't going to help, so after a good couple of mins of this and the whole town just standing round watching, pointing and laughing the passenger has to get out and rock the car up and down to try and free it...can't believe I never thought to whip the phone out and get it on video because it was actually one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life :D
    I do love seeing shems get mortified!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

My dog farting and running away because it scared itself.. Oh how I needed that Laff.:D

Advertisement