Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you racist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

markesmith wrote: »

The tinkers really get my goat </rabblerabble>

I take it your not too fond of the tinkers because of the way they act, their behaviour and probably got something stolen by them!

but look at them folk* in London, The States etc. They are up to the same craic!..I can't blame why a lot of people don't take to kindly to them.

*Blacks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭davocesque

were not racist, were just havin the craic :D:D (Tommy Tiernan, legend!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭aurelius79

I can only imagine your reaction if I wrote that about blacks, arabs or any other group of people.

Oh, is there anything incorrect about what I wrote? Irish people are not ignorant, hateful, small-minded fools? Maybe a few are good people, but I have not met that many. Just look at how you act towards each other because of where you live or how much money you make. Look at this hatred for people working in the pubic sector. You are all just hateful little people who direct that hatred towards anything you don't understand. It's very pathetic.

Arabs at least have some dignity. You do not see Arabs puking their guts and passing out in the middle of the street. You do not see Africans doing that, only Irish. You have no self respect, how the hell can you respect anyone else.

Very sad. Now you all shut your mouths and look the other way. Maybe you have reported my posts and now wait for the moderators to come protect you. Like I said, pathetic little cowards. Come stand up for what you believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

aurelius79 wrote: »
    And how many travelers do you know personally? I imagine the wedding would be great craic. They wouldn't have to worry about some thick arsehole giving them dirty looks while they're just trying to enjoy themselves.

I've had a fair few dealings with travellers, especially when I was a kid as my father trained the local boxing club. Now, I will say that he was very good to them - dropping them home to the halting site, driving them around the country to tournaments etc. Many even trained in our shed and I used to hold up the pads sometimes. I knew many on first name basis.

So yeah, I have had quite a bit of exposure to them and I will state that I dont see them as desirable individuals in the slightest sense and I would be more than happy to never lay eyes upon one again in my life. Finally, I nearly got my jaw broken by one of those said travellers for simply kicking a ball in the air which landed on his head - a great thankyou for all the years of helping them out and providing them with the outlet which was boxing.
    Ah yeah, I forgot Irish fathers were the model of decency and responsibility in this country. What was I thinking? Laugh out loud. (happy now?)

I never said Irish fathers were anything but I will once again reiterate that the act in which a man will father a child in order to gain residency rights is a despicable one. Maybe you feel different on the matter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Oh, is there anything incorrect about what I wrote? Irish people are not ignorant, hateful, small-minded fools? Maybe a few are good people, but I have not met that many. Just look at how you act towards each other because of where you live or how much money you make. Look at this hatred for people working in the pubic sector. You are all just hateful little people who direct that hatred towards anything you don't understand. It's very pathetic.

Arabs at least have some dignity. You do not see Arabs puking their guts and passing out in the middle of the street. You do not see Africans doing that, only Irish. You have no self respect, how the hell can you respect anyone else.

Plenty wrong with it. You're a hypocrite. You complain at the slightest generalization or negative comment towards other people, then you go off on a big rant generalizing and putting down Irish people.
    Funny how you accuse Irish people of being hateful, then you come out with a post like that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I hate the whites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭davocesque

Very sad. Now you all shut your mouths and look the other way. Maybe you have reported my posts and now wait for the moderators to come protect you. Like I said, pathetic little cowards. Come stand up for what you believe.

well you were so accurate about your description of every Irish person (apart from the few) that we've all realised your right, and were headin down to confession to seek forgiveness for our sins:D

OR, maybe no1 is replying cuz we dont care what you think:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Luxie

No, I'm prejudiced against Irish people. I'm also white so I can't be racist against them. The majority of Irish people I have met are very nice to your face but then insult everyone and everything behind your back. Most Irish are just ignorant hypocrites and they can't seem to help themselves. You all act like you still live in the 19th century.

Oh, and all this "They need to leave my country, look at all these blacks in my country." This isn't your country you silly little fools, not anymore.

Purely out of curiousity where are you from yourself?

I have a very good reason for hating Irish. I've lived here for five years and have seen what you're like. If one or two I've met are arseholes, ok no problem. But when most I meet are pathetic morons with no respect then I can hate them. Irish are like the animals you see everywhere in this country, little filthy sheep. You suit each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,107 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There's no need to hold back, spill it out.

BOHtox wrote: »
    I hate the whites

I'm white and I have more reason to hate whites than anyone else. Whites colonized this planet and now cry because those countries' people wish to come here, because whites have destroyed their countries. How stupid is that?

Luxie wrote: »
    Purely out of curiousity where are you from yourself?

What difference does that make? I do not speak for my country. I am one man speaking for myself.

I have a very good reason for hating Irish. I've lived here for five years and have seen what you're like. If one or two I've met are arseholes, ok no problem. But when most I meet are pathetic morons with no respect then I can hate them. Irish are like the animals you see everywhere in this country, little filthy sheep. You suit each other.

That's your opinion, but you continue to stay because.......?

What difference does that make? I do not speak for my country. I am one man speaking for myself.

And yet you go on about 'cowardice'.

Welll done you.

Luxie wrote: »
    That's your opinion, but you continue to stay because.......?

Because I have a good job and a nice home, but soon I'll go back because I would never raise a child in this country of hateful idiots and pedophile priests.

What I don't get is the fact a Black could call me "whitey" "White bast**d" "cracker ass(LOL)" or whatever and I don't get pissed off, neither would anyone i'd know(for the recored they're white).

Now why do Blacks go overboard with the whole racist thing if a white persons says something along the lines of "Black bast**d" or the forbidden "N" word?

It's like they feel inferoir to us.

.....here comes the lefty rant, i can smell it!:pac:

Because I have a good job and a nice home, but soon I'll go back because I would never raise a child in this country of hateful idiots and pedophile priests.

Where though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

In answer to the OP's question: No, I am not racist.

I was minding my own business reading this thread and have been insulted to the high hilt for being Irish.

It has been implied that I am ignorant, pathetic, lacking in self-respect, hateful, small-minded and that I puke my guts up and pass out in the street. It was at this point that I decided to reply.

I have met many people from many different races/countries over the years. I take people as they are.

Whether your skin is green, pink. purple, black, blue, white, yellow or red if you are not a nice person I don't want to hang out with you. The colour of the skin is not the issue, it's what is inside that matters.

As for the quote above, you see you would probably call me racist, but I have never met you but I don't think I'd like you judging on what you have written. You don't know me but you have insulted my whole country and tarred us all with the one brush!
    That I don't like!

Just realised you also called me a "little" people, I'm 5'8 that's not little!

Ye'all have a good day now :)

ps. I have never puked or passed out in the street :D not yet anyway!
    nor am I a paeodophile priest or in fact any sort of priest!

flag123 wrote: »
    What I don't get is the fact a Black could call me "whitey" "White bast**d" "cracker ass(LOL)" or whatever and I don't get pissed off, neither would anyone i'd know(for the recored they're white).

Now why do Blacks go overboard with the whole racist thing if a white persons says something along the lines of "Black bast**d" or the forbidden "N" word?

It's like they feel inferoir to us.

.....here comes the lefty rant, i can smell it!:pac:

And why don't you get pissed off? If anyone disrespected me like that I would be angry and tell them to **** off. Not because of their race but because they are arseholes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Not sure if i am racist,many moons ago i worked for a big company which will remain nameless,and there was a rather big black guy who worked there who was an obnoxious swine

Anyhows i got into a row with him (which he started btw)and in the heat of the moment i called him a fat black b0llox

I got reported and was hauled up before the management and was asked why did i use racial abuse towards this guy

I said" how is it racist??,the man is fat,the man is black and he is also a b0llox"!!!

And why don't you get pissed off? If anyone disrespected me like that I would be angry and tell them to **** off. Not because of their race but because they are arseholes.

I just don't feel angry. It doesn't bother me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Aurelius79 banned. Please do not let his thread derailment further ruin this topic.
    Point to note, this one of the least active polls I have seen on a thread in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Sounds to me like your the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Porridgemonster

<snip>

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Aurelius79 banned. Please do not let his thread derailment further ruin this topic.
    Point to note, this one of the least active polls I have seen on a thread in a while.

'let my daughter'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I'm racist. White people are clearly the better race, look at our infrastructure, industries, internetz, crime levels, education etc. Now look at all of Africa, nothing there, lots of them still building houses from cow sh!t and sticks, murdering and raping is common, little or no education. They have plenty of minerals in the ground, dig them up and sell them, build an industry for themselves!

I don't hate one because of nationality or colour.

Plug wrote: »
    I'm racist. White people are clearly the better race, look at our infrastructure, industries, internetz, crime levels, education etc. Now look at all of Africa, nothing there, lots of them still building houses from cow sh!t and sticks, murdering and raping is common, little or no education. They have plenty of minerals in the ground, dig them up and sell them, build an industry for themselves!

I don't hate one because of nationality or colour.

Wow!..you were'nt meant to point that out!..That's so racist:p

Anyways just out of curiosity..Can anyone tell me any country that's indigenous to white people which isn't affected by immirgrants?

(before somebody says it, I don't mean our ancestors that travelled here from Africa. Explaining the sucess of Europe leads to another days rant)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

No.

Maybe I was a bit prejudiced once upon a time. But I learnt judging people on their outward appearance is the worst thing you can do.

Under the skin everyone is the same, everyone is human and everyone has their goodness and faults.

I study in what you could call a very multicultural college. We've got people from pretty much everywhere and I can tell you they are all the same regardless of where they come from. Some are tools and douches while most are really cool people.

Because of the diversity in my college I have Friends from Ireland, England, Germany, Norway, Nigeria, Egypt, Pakistan, Iraq, UAE, Saudi, Malaysia, USA,Canada and many other places. And really makes no difference where one is from on their character. They are all the same. Maybe the only difference is that the Muslims don't drink and don't do partying much. But apart from that you really can not be prejudiced when you get to know so many different people and realise they're all the same at the end of the day. There are some whom you will just not get on with and there are many who are really cool people. It doesn't matter where they are from once you see people as humans and not black, White, Malaysian, Pakistani, Nigerian, german, American etc.

And I'll even say this regardingless of social backgrounds as well because I have come across rich people who are absolute douches and I've also come across some cool knackers.

So you really really can not judge people on their outward appearence. I used to do this a lot but after I realised some people who look like they may be pretty cool and turn out to be douches once you get to know them while some people you didn't really like at first and then one day you get speaking to them and found out they were actually pretty cool people.

So really think again before you start painting people with your prejudices. We are all the same. We are all a mix of douches and cool people. That's it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

We are all a mix of douches and cool people. That's it.

:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement