Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is The U.S.A the most extreme Terrorist nation?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Cmdr Keen wrote: »
    The CIA didn't just pick up a load of random people on the street, cop the f*** on imo if you think that.... there was intelligence on these guys being members of cells... now get back in your Anti-Everything hippy tent....

Oh OK. Its just that you said they were not innocent by any means.
    I made the mistake of assuming that you had considered what you wanted to convey before you started tapping it out on your keyboard, rather than just nonsensical rantiing.

My mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

galwayrush wrote: »
    Thinking about it seriously, i much prefer to live under American type freedom and values compared to the likes of the regimes they are fighting against.

A regime that will Kill "1.2 million" Iraqi people in order that Americans can heat their homes cheaply, is not a regime with good values :o

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/sep/16/iraq.iraqtimeline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

dvpower wrote: »
    Oh OK. Its just that you said they were not innocent by any means.
    I made the mistake of assuming that you had considered what you wanted to convey before you started tapping it out on your keyboard, rather than just nonsensical rantiing.

My mistake.

Yeh, I know and meant what I said mate, thanks for repeating it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

"No... if it's Illegal it makes it an Illegal Action. You could even call it War Crime. But Terrorism is separate from that. "

You can call it whatever you want but you have to go by the legal mandate.

sxt wrote: »
    A regime that will Kill "1.2 million" Iraqi people in order that Americans can heat their homes cheaply, is not a regime with good values :o

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/sep/16/iraq.iraqtimeline

Its better than the previous regime under Sadam tbh, he threathened the stability of the region 100 fold, the guy was a lunatic like Stalin and killed thousands of his own people and gased countless more Iranians etc...

• Advertisement

davrho wrote: »
    "No... if it's Illegal it makes it an Illegal Action. You could even call it War Crime. But Terrorism is separate from that. "

You can call it whatever you want but you have to go by the legal mandate.

Try telling a superpower that mate... welcome to the real world... just be thankful Russia isn't the worlds superpower... So cry some more about the legal or illegality of the war... won't do any good.

And by the way, even though WMD weren't found, I'm glad they removed a ****

You might not be though... you'ld rather see Sadam kill millions... nice view of things there mate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Well what would you do with dangerous people that are a part of a dangerous group intent on attacking the country... tickle their feet, get real! The people that this was inflicted on were not innocent by any means and had **** to answer for...

Surely seeing as the USA are involved in a War on Terrorism, the Geneva Convention should apply to their prisoners of war? :confused:

Its better than the previous regime under Sadam tbh, he threathened the stability of the region 100 fold, the guy was a lunatic like Stalin and killed millions of his own people and gased countless more Iranians etc...

You're doing it again.
    Try running your thoughts through a sanity filter before you hit the 'Submit Reply' button.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

But heck, I'd rather have the USA as the sole superpower in the world than Russia any day of the week!

why though??? is it because Russia has different views than Ireland??

think about all the poor people in the middle east who live in fear because there views about what is right and wrong differs from America

dvpower wrote: »
    You're doing it again.
    Try running your thoughts through a sanity filter before you hit the 'Submit Reply' button.

Edited to thousands, happy now?

• Advertisement

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    why though??? is it because Russia has different views than Ireland??

think about all the poor people in the middle east who live in fear because there views about what is right and wrong differs from America

Go back three decades, when Russia was in Afghanistan...

Its better than the previous regime under Sadam tbh, he threathened the stability of the region 100 fold, the guy was a lunatic like Stalin and killed millions of his own people and gased countless more Iranians etc...

It is better for America ....Iraq are no longer a threat in the midlde eastern region...What about the genocides in Rwanda or countless othercountries..Where was America then? Don't belive that America decided to "liberate" Iraq to help the iraqi nation.

Do you think that Iraq will be a democratic country once America withdraws its troops in the near future? ...It is a country that has been decimated, ruined and is in complete and utter chaos!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I always regret posting in these threads because it always leads to petty bickering and continued picking apart of post, so I'm going to preface this by saying that the following is my own opinion.
    Well what would you do with dangerous people that are a part of a dangerous group intent on attacking the country... tickle their feet, get real! The people that this was inflicted on were not innocent by any means and had **** to answer for...
    So you're saying that all the conscripted soldiers were innocent?
    That the civilians killed during the shock and awe campaigh were guilty of being terrorists?

I think you need to do a bit of reading as to what war actually entails.

Overheal wrote: »
    What kind of fear? The kind of fear like "Oh they'll start WWIII one of these days" kinda fear, or, "I'm afraid to get on a plane to see my mother now" kind of fear?
    Neither.
    My fear is based upon the fact that they (your government) are blowing up millions of innocent people around the world in order to get their hands on oil.
    They are doing this by saying that they are bringing democracy to people who either do not want democracy, or are quite capable of installing democratic governments in their own countries.
    They are installing puppet governmentts, just like they did in Cuba and a few other countries around the world. Sit back and watch as this new Afghan one fails in the same way the others did.

They are doing this under the guise of Western values. As a member of a Western country, I disagree with their actions and policies.

No... if it's Illegal it makes it an Illegal Action. You could even call it War Crime. But Terrorism is separate from that.
    Shock and awe. Designed to instil fear into the Iraqi people.
    Just look at the name.
    I don't view Illegal (Unsanctioned by the UN) Wars as Terrorist by the definition. They are Illegal Wars.
    I do. I also view these wars as arrogance by a superior force.
    The Poll asked my if I thought the United States was the most extreme I voted No. The Poll didn't ask me if I thought the United States was/is involved in Terrorism: I would have told you Yes. Fox News, Glenn Beck? They use a form of Terror-in-Propaganda to coerce listeners and viewers. I deplore it. On the other hand have I never once made an argument through hyperbole?
    I agree with you there. The problem is that Fox have so many viewers that the majority of American people are influenced by them.
    It's similar to the majority of idiots here continuing to vote in FF.
    If it's indoctrination I think it's a far cry from Joseph Stalin's Russia. Or China, or North Korea.
    Of course it's not as extreme as Communism, but it's still enforcing your view on the unwilling.
    Culture needs to be taken into account at every level.

If the United States employs terror, the majority of it is aimed at the American People; not the Arab World.
    In order to garner support for the invasion of other countries.

It is better for America ....Iraq are no longer a threat in the midlde eastern region...What about the genocides in Rwanda or countless othercountries..Where was America then? Don't belive that America decided to "liberate" Iraq to help the iraqi nation.

Do you think that Iraq will be a democratic country once America withdraws its troops in the near future? ...It is a country that has been decimated, ruined and is in complete and utter chaos!

Erm America was in the UN, and willing to engage in Rwanda, but the UN failed massively because of vetos.... so there you have it folks... the UN is an ineffective entity, who knew right??

Try telling a superpower that mate... welcome to the real world... just be thankful Russia isn't the worlds superpower... So cry some more about the legal or illegality of the war... won't do any good.

And by the way, even though WMD weren't found, I'm glad they removed a ****

You might not be though... you'ld rather see Sadam kill millions... nice view of things there mate

Good point. Now our boys are killing "millions" the world is a better place. Great view of things blah blah.........

Good point. Now our boys are killing "millions" the world is a better place. Great view of things blah blah.........

"Millions" might want to check your sanity there...

Burned!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Go back three decades, when Russia was in Afghanistan...

exactly go back 3 decades - in todays world it's a different story is it not

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    exactly go back 3 decades - in todays world it's a different story is it not

It is actually, since the Russians conducted a war of attrition against the Afghan people themselves...

Burned!

Why do you think America Invaded Iraq?

To remove a prick, the oil is a bonus :D Good job lads! Jolly good :D Hopefully, North Korea is next :)

• Advertisement

Burned!

You mentioned the figures.......

Saddam's millions? Sanity?

Burning away here................

You mentioned the figures.......

Saddam's millions? Sanity?

Burning away here................

That was an error of mine as I mentioned Stalin in the same post....

Please forgive me ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Ohh, the poll is currently split 50-50, 62 votes each. Isreal is more extremist than the US, IMO

EDIT: No longer 50-50 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Ohh, the poll is currently split 50-50, 62 votes each. Isreal is more extremist than the US, IMO

EDIT: No longer 50-50 :(

I'd still prefer to live under Israeli rule compared to some of the Muslim states in that region. It suits my way of living better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 carvaggio

For me terrorism would be purely setting out to cause fear to innocent civilians (by any number of means).

I personally do not believe that the USA sets out to do that.

The poll result doesn't surprise me given how popular it is to dislike the US in Ireland, regardless of how little most people (though not all people) actually know about it's wars.

That could be said of a lot of things though, people thoroughly enjoy talking as if they are experts on things they have very little knowledge of.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It is actually, since the Russians conducted a war of attrition against the Afghan people themselves...
    As part of the bitchfest between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R.
    Democracy won, but millions of innocent people in southern Asia persihed as a result.

Operation Iraqi Liberation. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I'd still prefer to live under Israeli rule compared to some of the Muslim states in that region. It suits my way of living better.

Agreed, but I still think Isreal is more extremist towards terrorism. They are a lot more protective of their 'promised land', than the US

Thinking about it seriously, i much prefer to live under American type freedom and values compared to the likes of the regimes they are fighting against.

You could just stick around here and live under Cowan rule.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

The US is no where near as bad as some of the middle eastern nations. I find it hard to understand the Irish dislike for America, often ignoring anything bad about other nations just to bash the US

• Advertisement

Terry wrote: »
    As part of the bitchfest between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R.
    Democracy won, but millions of innocent people in southern Asia persihed as a result.

Agreed, but unfortunately it was unavoidable, two ideologies fighting... luckly for us it didn't come to clash of the titans :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement