Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is The U.S.A the most extreme Terrorist nation?

Options
  • 03-09-2010 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭

In your opinion?

Is the U.S.A the most Extremest terrorist nation? 250 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 250 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Maybe not the most extreme, but certainly the most powerful & dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

I am just goin to remove the" dangerous" bit to make the question a little bit more straight forward and easier to say "yes" or "no" to :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

They invade more country's then anyone else so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

America is the biggest rogue state in the world trying to force their values on every country that tries to stand up to oppose them in anyways...

they try to westernise every country in the world and have no one bar america in their interests... look at all the wars over oil and whatever in the world...

what's the last war that they haven't stuck their noses into...

they think they have some kind of moral superiority over the rest of the world and that what's good for america is good for the world...

just be happy america isn't a muslim country that would try to force sharia law on the world.... at least our morals are somewhat similar to theirs like the rest of europe

america is the biggest rogue nation in the world if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

what is this I don't even

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,846 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Predator_ wrote: »
    They invade more country's then anyone else so yes.
    That's not really even a loose definition of Terrorism. Sorry.

I think this is a definition that most people would agree with

Terrorism 

1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.

2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

If they are officially involved in "wars," how is it considered "terrorism?"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

They instill more fear into me than any other nation on the planet, so I would have to say yes.

If you are engaged in an illegal war and destroy a countries entire infrastructure and kill a million of their population:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Id probably say they are the most ill advised nation whose attacks are more often than not unnecessary and for the wrong reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

What a stupid poll and I cant believe so many people have voted yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

I'm happy we're on their side. Go USA!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

sxt wrote: »
    If you are engaged in an illegal war and destroy a countries entire infrastructure and kill a million of their population:confused:

What is illegal about their wars?

That their recent wars within Afghanistan and Iraq weren't officially endorsed by the UN?

What does endorsement have to do with war?

What a stupid poll and I cant believe so many people have voted yes.

Why can't you believe that?

I'm only assuming here, but it feels like you are leaning towards it, why do you believe them to be a terrorist nation?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

America is warlike in the pursuit of their interests. They replaced the Brits. In a decade or two they will be replaced by PRC (China). After that, who knows? Unfortunately, as Will and Ariel Durant observed in The Lessons of History (p 81):

"War is one of the constants of history, and has not diminished with civilization and democracy. In the last 3,421 years of recorded history only 268 have seen no war."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Typical Irish replies tbh.In AH We're always giving out about how oppresive muslim countries are, how much of a disgrace they are, something should be done blah blah blah etc. And when a country steps in to try sort things out(America), all we do is complain about that country. I hate to break it to ye all, but we , in Ireland , live under an umbrella of American protection. Many of us still don't get that.

America is warlike in the pursuit of their interests. They replaced the Brits. In a decade or two they will be replaced by PRC (China). After that, who knows? Unfortunately, as Will and Ariel Durant observed in The Lessons of History (p 81):

"War is one of the constants of history, and has not diminished with civilization and democracy. In the last 3,421 years of recorded history only 268 have seen no war."

I'd be more inclined to say they are agressive about their sense of patriotism and national security.

They don't tend to get stuck in unless 1 of the following occurs;

1) Threat of the spread of comuinism.
    2) A direct attack has been made on them.

Other then point 1, they have never instigated wars with other countries. I wouldnt refer to them as warlike, but do agree that they are agressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Do you not have to "declare war" for it to be a "officially be a war"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

They are dangerous and sneaky. Just because its "offical" doesnt mean its ok.
    just because they call other people "terrorists" doesnt automatically make that person wrong ,they could be wrong but not cause the american government says so.

And to really pick at your statement they are "terrorists", how many covert and illegal assaults and attacks have thay commited. American news and tv is propaganda, thay invented terrorists ,"Weapons Of Mass Destruction"(ask G.Bush Jr and his buddies they seem to say it every 30 secs) , Anthrax, and all the other scare tactics that are working.

Were lucky we were only scared into giving corrupt bankers billions, voting for Lisbon Treaty ,Voting for the Lisbon Treaty Take Two (ha ha we knew ye'd fall for it) :rolleyes:

davrho wrote: »
    Do you not have to "declare war" for it to be a "officially be a war"?

They do... as I said earlier, what does endorsement have to do with war?

Afghanistan recently was / is a war.
    Iraq recently was / is a war.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I am a optimist and believed Irish people would be smarter, than to think the US are the biggest terrorist nation in the world.

I have been shown otherwise yet again :(

I'm only assuming here, but it feels like you are leaning towards it, why do you believe them to be a terrorist nation?
    WeIl, you punish an entire country in the pursuit of toppling a dictator by killing up to 1,000,000 of its innocent civilians, destroying the nations entire infrastructure, roads ,water ,electricity , Imposing strict economic sanctions on the same country so they will remain in a desperate state. That is a big amount of terrorism:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Rothmans wrote: »
    Typical Irish replies tbh.In AH We're always giving out about how oppresive muslim countries are, how much of a disgrace they are, something should be done blah blah blah etc. And when a country steps in to try sort things out(America), all we do is complain about that country. I hate to break it to ye all, but we , in Ireland , live under an umbrella of American protection. Many of us still don't get that.
    Under American protection against who?
    Seriously, who exactly is posing a serious threat to Ireland?

I'd be more inclined to say they are agressive about their sense of patriotism and national security.

They don't tend to get stuck in unless 1 of the following occurs;

1) Threat of the spread of comuinism.
    2) A direct attack has been made on them.

Other then point 1, they have never instigated wars with other countries. I wouldnt refer to them as warlike, but do agree that they are agressive.
    Saddam Hussein was a commie?
    Saddam Hussein posed a direct threat to America?

Did Vietnam declare war on America? How about Korea, Afghanistan and Iraq?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Its only official because they say its is and no one else in the world can stand up to them at the present moment.

johnnyjb wrote: »
    They are dangerous and sneaky. Just because its "offical" doesnt mean its ok.
    just because they call other people "terrorists" doesnt automatically make that person wrong ,they could be wrong but not cause the american government says so.

right... hijacking civilians... and killing civilians wasn't wrong? They weren't terrorist?
    And to really pick at your statement they are "terrorists", how many covert and illegal assaults and attacks have thay commited. American news and tv is propaganda, thay invented terrorists

For the most part, all they are willing to disclose or make reference to, that's related to point 1 in an earlier post I made... But the main idea of terrorism is to attack civilians and undermine a states ability to keep their cilivian safe.

Er... i recall hearing about certain terrorist organisations not to far from our doorstep long before the yanks could grasp the concept of terrorism...
    "Weapons Of Mass Destruction"(ask G.Bush Jr and his buddies they seem to say it every 30 secs) , Anthrax, and all the other scare tactics that are working.

I never said I agreed with their recent wars, as I don't. But the fact that they were wars and the main objective was to attack Army / Representives of the states they invaded makes it a war. Not Terrorism...
    Were lucky we were only scared into giving corrupt bankers billions, voting for Lisbon Treaty ,Voting for the Lisbon Treaty Take Two (ha ha we knew ye'd fall for it) :rolleyes:

Seperate issue... get out of here with that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

They do... as I said earlier, what does endorsement have to do with war?

Afghanistan recently was / is a war.
    Iraq recently was / is a war.

It makes it legal. If it is not made legal then it is illegal. If it is illegal then it is terrorist action.

So your 2 above examples are acts of terrorism as International law dictates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Terry wrote: »
    Under American protection against who?
    Seriously, who exactly is posing a serious threat to Ireland?

Now I'm no big fan of Richard Dawkins, but he illustrates how extreme a sizeable chunks of Muslims are-
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-god-delusion/4od#2919496

A shocking amount of Muslims actually support taking over the rest of the world to impose Islam and Sharia law. Now, as far as I'm concerned, they're never going to be able to do that as long as the US is there to stand in their way.

• Advertisement

davrho wrote: »
    It makes it legal. If it is not made legal then it is illegal. If it is illegal then it is terrorist action.

So your 2 above examples are acts of terrorism as International law dictates.

Didn't the Brits go in on it with them?

Are they Terrorist too?

Falklands? Who endorsed that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement