Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever had a stalker?

• 22-10-2009 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I had stalkers on two or three previous occasions,Mine luckily enough were not to crazy:D And soon went away.
    Joking aside it was scary at one stage the guy was getting in my path everytime i tried to walk home staring at me and following me around shops:( and apparently hanging around front of my house at night :(I found after he had stalked a girl into submission of dating and beat her to a pulp:(

Have you ever encountered the stalker who no matter how many times you said no still called to your house and text your phone harassing you?

How many of these mental cases is there out there :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Newbiedrummer

I've got one right now:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Im watching you right now...

fap fap fap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

check the bushes outside your house now, caseyann darling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Yes, I have had a few.

One guy in particular used to love ringing my home every 15 minutes during the night, This was when I lived at home with my parents before mobile phones were very popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

I *am* the stalker. i'm so good at it I stalk for other people but with the Recesh I had to take the ol van off the road business is quiet now

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

fap fap fap
    Dankoozy wrote: »
    I *am* the stalker. i'm so good at it I stalk for other people but with the Recesh I had to take the ol van off the road business is quiet now

Nice to see that originality is alive and well in AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

Unfortunatly yes, never knew who it was but would get really creepy messages, like once when I got out of the shower I got one asking me if I'd enjoyed the shower. Freaked out!! Went on for a few months and then just stopped thankfully!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

I have at least 10.

Stalkers.bmp

-Funk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

caseyann wrote: »
    I found after he had stalked a girl into submission of dating

Am I the only one who finds this ridiculous?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

must....not....post...yore ma....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

No stalkers as such.
    But I've had more than my fair share of encounters with bunny-boilers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

From glancing through your post I get;

At first I'm extremely happy, then I get sad on three occasions. Then I'm shocked for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

I had stalkers on two or three previous occasions,Mine luckily enough were not to crazy:D :eek:

Was it two or three!!Seems to me a pretty important distinction that most people would remember.Also I think it pretty strange that while most people will have had no stalkers in their life you,ve managed to clock up two or three.You,ve been pretty unlucky it has to be said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I had stalkers on two or three previous occasions,Mine luckily enough were not to crazy:D And soon went away.
    Joking aside it was scary at one stage the guy was getting in my path everytime i tried to walk home staring at me and following me around shops:( and apparently hanging around front of my house at night :(I found after he had stalked a girl into submission of dating and beat her to a pulp:(

Have you ever encountered the stalker who no matter how many times you said no still called to your house and text your phone harassing you?

How many of these mental cases is there out there :eek:

Sounds crazy enough to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I used to have a stalker she used to allways be 15 meters ahead of me I used to jump in to bushs when shed look behinde her, then I found her underwear in my room. worst of she used to ring my mobile and id answer then shed hang up so id call her back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm Jack the Beanstalker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I was wondering,i didnt remember those bushes outside my house before:confused:You brought your own:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Yes I have one on me right now but I've heard fapping cures it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I've had my fair share of internet ones but other than a couple weird phone calls, nothing's really happened in real life.

..at least not that I know of. :eek:

• Advertisement

Pics?

Of the stalker :confused: why you want one :D

Unfortunatly yes, never knew who it was but would get really creepy messages, like once when I got out of the shower I got one asking me if I'd enjoyed the shower. Freaked out!! Went on for a few months and then just stopped thankfully!!

Oh wow that would creep anyone out :(

Was your bathroom front or back of house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Does your own mother sending a Private Investigator count?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

caseyann - I was going to ask you are you hawt, but your obviously schmokin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

TelePaul wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds this ridiculous?
    No. I'm still trying to figure out how you can "stalk someone into submission". Thats not persistent, thats just creepy. What teh hell like!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

Oh wow that would creep anyone out :(

Was your bathroom front or back of house?

It was at the side of the house, but the bedroom was at the back. I was on my own in the house that night aswell, had a little hissy fit and had to get the boyfriend at the time over. I'm sure it was just some kids or something taking the piss, but it was well creepy at the time and whoever it was knew some really random stuff about me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Only one and he was a damn good one, I actually went out with him briefly and found him to be mighty strange, he was a stripogram and I was only 19..
    I finished it and he took it badly and made life miserable for me for a while, following me everywhere. I went travelling then and he used to ring my Dad crying to him at all hours in the morning. Havent heard anything in years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

funk-you wrote: »

-Funk

Stop doing that!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭bakkiesbotha

and beat her to a pulp:(

Right in the jowls... POW!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Have had some pretty freaky experiences, not solely guys either. There are two women that spring to mind. One was in a jealousy / bitchy type that tried fcuking things up for me, and the other one started dressing / acting like / following me - which started to manifest into something more lesbionic in her head.

A guy managed to get hold of a number for a guy I was seeing, and proceeded to send him vicious messages and lies about me in order to get him to stop seeing me. That was a particularly fcuked up one, because I didn't know who it was for a long time.

I mean.. with a vibrant personality, stunning looking, and modest to boot, who could blame them? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Abigayle wrote: »
    Have had some pretty freaky experiences, not solely guys either. There are two women that spring to mind. One was in a jealousy / bitchy type that tried fcuking things up for me, and the other one started dressing / acting like / following me - which started to manifest into something more lesbionic in her head.

A guy managed to get hold of a number for a guy I was seeing, and proceeded to send him vicious messages and lies about me in order to get him to stop seeing me. That was a particularly fcuked up one, because I didn't know who it was for a long time.

I mean.. with a vibrant personality, stunning looking, and modest to boot, who could blame them? :pac:
    I told you that dressing like you was just a coincidence and misunderstanding :(

Saibh wrote: »
    Sounds crazy enough to me.

Yeah i guess i just said not to crazy because i got away from mine by ignoring them and no eye contact.For me not to crazy for that poor girl obviously psychotic:(

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Does your own mother sending a Private Investigator count?????

Why was she doing that :eek: and i guess that could count in not so scary way :D

Aodan83 wrote: »
    No. I'm still trying to figure out how you can "stalk someone into submission". Thats not persistent, thats just creepy. What teh hell like!?

Hence stalker name given :D

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    No stalkers as such.
    But I've had more than my fair share of encounters with bunny-boilers.

Is that different :confused: whats the difference?

• Advertisement

• Yep, had one when I lived in Spain. Complete nutcase. He wasn't a full on stalker, I don't think (that sounds quite rude!) but he'd do stuff like run up behind me and grab me by the throat as a 'joke'. It was really quite terrifying. Kind of ruined my Erasmus year, as I spent the whole time looking behind me and not going out late at night in case he was around. Once I really yelled at him to leave me alone, that I'd call the police if he didn't stop stalking me, and he said he was going to kill himself and that I'd see the headline in the newspaper and it would all be my fault. I reported him to the police, but it was not taken seriously at all. They thought he was a jealous ex or someone I'd shagged, didn't believe me when I told them he wasn't. I literally met him once at a party (he was a friend of a friend of a friend), said hello and that was it. Barely even remembered him the first time he jumped out at me as I was walking past a cafe, but he acted like we were really close. Total weirdo. If I ever had anything like that happen now, I'd probably have a nervous breakdown.

It was at the side of the house, but the bedroom was at the back. I was on my own in the house that night aswell, had a little hissy fit and had to get the boyfriend at the time over. I'm sure it was just some kids or something taking the piss, but it was well creepy at the time and whoever it was knew some really random stuff about me!!

Oh :( I don't mean to scare you but doesn't sound like kids,definitely stalker,Was at side of your house.Had to be someone living around your house,That just gives me the creeps.
    Happy it stopped for you :)

Oh my god Abi i swear i had exact same thing she even changed her first name on her bills to my name, and dyed her hair to look like mine and started dressing like me :( She even walked in on me in shower and eyed me up,I got rid of that one fast.

Loopy wrote: »
    Only one and he was a damn good one, I actually went out with him briefly and found him to be mighty strange, he was a stripogram and I was only 19..
    I finished it and he took it badly and made life miserable for me for a while, following me everywhere. I went travelling then and he used to ring my Dad crying to him at all hours in the morning. Havent heard anything in years!

He found another object for his affections :D lucky for you :)

jonsnow wrote: »
    Was it two or three!!Seems to me a pretty important distinction that most people would remember.Also I think it pretty strange that while most people will have had no stalkers in their life you,ve managed to clock up two or three.You,ve been pretty unlucky it has to be said.

It was actually more :o but i just wrote 2 or 3 :D

You think that's bad i know people with 7 and 8 or more women stalking them at any one given time :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Oh my god Abi i swear i had exact same thing she even changed her first name on her bills to my name, and dyed her hair to look like mine and started dressing like me :(

Worst thing is for the most part, the Gardai can't / won't do anything to help. They told me that they'd requested records from my mobile network, and they never surfaced. A waste of fvcking time :rolleyes:

[quote=[Deleted User];62652560]Yep, had one when I lived in Spain. Complete nutcase. He wasn't a full on stalker, I don't think (that sounds quite rude!) but he'd do stuff like run up behind me and grab me by the throat as a 'joke'. It was really quite terrifying. Kind of ruined my Erasmus year, as I spent the whole time looking behind me and not going out late at night in case he was around. Once I really yelled at him to leave me alone, that I'd call the police if he didn't stop stalking me, and he said he was going to kill himself and that I'd see the headline in the newspaper and it would all be my fault. I reported him to the police, but it was not taken seriously at all. They thought he was a jealous ex or someone I'd shagged, didn't believe me when I told them he wasn't. I literally met him once at a party (he was a friend of a friend of a friend), said hello and that was it. Barely even remembered him the first time he jumped out at me as I was walking past a cafe, but he acted like we were really close. Total weirdo. If I ever had anything like that happen now, I'd probably have a nervous breakdown.[/quote]

He grabbed you by the throat oh my god :eek: i so would have had panicked:(
    Yeah same here with the one who stalked me for months i said sorry getting on a bus and that was it he wouldn't go away,he would walk past my house and we had Huge front windows and he would try to look in.When i moved he actually approached a friend of mine and asked where i moved to as well:( and he started hanging around that end to.He would run around the block and all to come out in front of me.My eyes would hit the ground so i wouldn't have to look at him.
    Absolute weirdos
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Worst thing is for the most part, the Gardai can't / won't do anything to help. They told me that they'd requested records from my mobile network, and they never surfaced. A waste of fvcking time :rolleyes:

Yeah they cant do anything until they hurt you :rolleyes: flipping law protects the lunatics :(

chin_grin wrote: »
    From glancing through your post I get;

At first I'm extremely happy, then I get sad on three occasions. Then I'm shocked for some reason.

At least i didnt leave you sad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

In the immortal words of Otis Lee Crenshaw:

She called it stalking, I called it selective walking.

You can tell a girl you love her face to face, or do it with a phone call that can't be traced.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Why was she doing that :eek: and i guess that could count in not so scary way :D

She was overbearing so I left home, since then she is gettting someone to follow my son, myself and my partner around. And then every so often I get a text telling me what kind of things I have been doing. Wonder if that f#cker knows where I lwft my umbrella!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

fap fap fap
    Dankoozy wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 komputamuso

I had one when I was gigging. She used to go to all the gigs, throw presents on stage, would follow me home, be outside my house at weird hours of the day and night. I was never worried 'cause I'm 6'3" and she was five foot nathin, but my band mates and various venue staff were. One venue barred her completely because of her frankly strange behaviour, so she used to wait outside the venue 'til I was finished. The same venue managers felt so strongly about her that they insisted one night on getting one of the managers to pull up his car to the rear entrance of the venue, hide me under the seats and drive me home. The same manager had to go back to the venue at half three in the morning because the alarm was going off only to find yer one still outside waiting for me to come out.

It was flattering to think that someone thought so highly of me, so I did actually give active consideration to going out with her, and I would have done only the small minded, judgemental part of me just couldn't get passed the tattoos, missing teeth and mullet...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fitzgooble

every morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

I had one when I was gigging. She used to go to all the gigs, throw presents on stage, would follow me home, be outside my house at weird hours of the day and night. I was never worried 'cause I'm 6'3" and she was five foot nathin, but my band mates and various venue staff were. One venue barred her completely because of her frankly strange behaviour, so she used to wait outside the venue 'til I was finished. The same venue managers felt so strongly about her that they insisted one night on getting one of the managers to pull up his car to the rear entrance of the venue, hide me under the seats and drive me home. The same manager had to go back to the venue at half three in the morning because the alarm was going off only to find yer one still outside waiting for me to come out.

It was flattering to think that someone thought so highly of me, so I did actually give active consideration to going out with her, and I would have done only the small minded, judgemental part of me just couldn't get passed the tattoos, missing teeth and mullet...

groupies are freaky though. one of my friends is in a band in london, they've been doing small gigs for about a year, but there's a hardcore bunch of girls that turn up at all the gigs, stand at the front and sing every last word of all their songs. then they made tshirts with their lyrics printed all over them. maybe they want to be the ones that can say they liked them before they're famous, but i think it's just stalkerish.
    as for mine, bloody facebook. ex patient made up 3 different profiles and requested friends. the first time i asked her who she was, she said she met me in london in a bar and i was pretty drunk so i probably wouldn't remember. great for a teetotaller. shoulda seen the photos she was using too! feckin models!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement