Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trying to set up a vpn! please help!!

Options
  • 31-03-2015 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi guys i am totally new to this. My aim is to set up my vpn so i can use my xbox through it! I need it to say im in the uk! I have downloaded purevpn, and i have bought: http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F9K1002/

Firstly: whats the easiest way to do this?

Secondly I have two routers, the default netopia that comes with eircom and the belkin will these routers suffice?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, really need advice especially on the routers! Also do not want to spend mad money if i can avoid it!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Shanew14

I tried this. my main questions really is do i need 2 new routers or will one new router, with pvn support, suffice?

Also what specifications does the router I buy need to have? when I rang harvey norman and pc world they didnt know what pvn was

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

hmmm your better off with dns spoofing over a vpn, vpn has the overhead of encrypting your traffic, which is bad if your gaming or looking for video over your connection, a plenty of location DNS service providers around, will do what your looking for minus the said performance penalty / overhead.

You would just manually enter your new DNS settings into any routers configuration webpage, no need to buy a new router

Stuxnet wrote: »
    hmmm your better off with dns spoofing over a vpn, vpn has the overhead of encrypting your traffic, which is bad if your gaming or looking for video over your connection, a plenty of location DNS service providers around, will do what your looking for minus the said performance penalty / overhead.

You would just manually enter your new DNS settings into any routers configuration webpage, no need to buy a new router

Thanks for the reply :)
    Would you mind if I dm'd you to discuss this a bit further?

• Advertisement

Stuxnet wrote: »

Or where would i find such a service? :)

Advertisement