Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to propose in New York

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Kathnora

Wrap up very well if taking a carriage ride in Central Park. I know of two couples who honeymooned in New York at that time of year and the trip was somewhat spoiled by the fact that the temps were so low...may not happen every year in New York but you need to go prepared!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Central Park. Go to the boathouse restaurant. Do NOT go to Battery City unless you are inside a limo. The wind down there in December is ICE COLD and being freezing is not romantic. The Christmas tree at Rockerfeller is really nice too.

http://thecentralparkboathouse.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

This thread so makes me want to go. And New York beats the hell out of Paris for a proposal. Way more romantic and interesting to me at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 patricia7396

I was proposed to under the Christmas tree at the Rockafeller centre and it was amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭chocaholic04

Just back from honeymoon in NYC. NYC would be a great place to propose. Your proposal depends on what she likes, for me my OH knows I don't like cliche and not with a lot of people around, so Empire State Building would be out along with Times Square.

I would go with Central Park or the Rockefeller Christmas Tree. As someone said unless you are prepared for the cold don't go with Battery Park, it was 14/15 degrees the first day we were in New York and we went down there and it was bitterly cold, my hands were going numb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

+1 for Top of the Rock.

On a more private note, there's a bar with a rooftop that has really comfy blankets etc. and fantastic views of the Empire State, it's a bar with no name in the sense it's just called after the street, I think it's 55th and 5th but I could confirm that for definite if it was an option.
    You could have the champagne sitting ready to go.

Alternatively what about going across to Brooklyn and doing it with the entirety of Manhatten in the background?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kevin the Kid

tkam2014 wrote: »
    this is the one !!!! amazing ! do it , do it now !! :)

where is that....do i just walk around and look for a big for a big xmas tree. Do you mean the Rockefeller center others are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

The Bowery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

For something different, I think the highline in the meat packing district is pretty amazing.

Advertisement