Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Screen on PB Laptop

Options
  • 19-11-2008 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

I have a Packard Bell Easynote A8 and the screen appears to have died. It outputs to an external monitor no problem and if I stare hard at the screen I can make out the screen in the dark!!

I have replaced the inverter and the screen worked fine for about 10 mins before dying again!

I am wondering if I have blown the inverter again and if there is any hope for the machine - I do not want to spend huge money as laptops are so cheap but it is an excellent little machine otherwise.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I'd say you backlights are drawing to much current through the invertor. Hense blowing it. Solution, Charge Invertor and backlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

kikel wrote: »
    I'd say you backlights are drawing to much current through the invertor. Hense blowing it. Solution, Charge Invertor and backlights.

Is Charge Invertor a typo - should it be change???

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

scout353 wrote: »
    Is Charge Invertor a typo - should it be change???

Feck, N and R are nowhere close on the keyboard. What was i thinking. :confused:

Advertisement