Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M1710 warranty renewal cost?

Options
  • 08-11-2008 4:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Folk

How much to re new the warranty, mine is out a few weeks and considering the cost of a bust card/ lcd screen etc I might renew it...

ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,648 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

bust how?

Defective bust = dead pixel, etc = renewable = around 100

Accidental Bust = cracked = sorry. If dell is anything like HP you can only upgrade your warranty to accidental cover within the first year warranty period. if youre out of that youre quite screwed.

Just chat to dell 24/7 online and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I think he's talking about the threads that have popped up about XPS machines Graphics going Kaput...And doesn't wanna risk forking out the money for a new Graphics/mother board if this happens?

The faulty graphics card, which might cause certain display issues, is guaranteed for up to 2 years after your purchase.

Problems that are LCD related and not attributable to your graphics card - Dead/stuck pixels, Dim or flickering backlight, cracks (obviously), etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Parts for a M1710 cost alot.

I have had the main board, the 7950gtx and the 17" WUXGA panel already replaced (at least 2 lcd panels). Since I have bought it a year ago.

however, touch wood , its fine now. So, has anyone an idea what it costs to re-new a xps warranty?

Ask Dell
    Ask Dell
    Ask Dell
    Ask Dell
    Ask Dell
    Ask Dell
    Ask Dell
    Ask Dell

Seriously. You launch the 24/7 chat support window, someone says Hello Im Bob you say Yo Gimme your Ratez n00b and they go BLAH.

Pardon me, but people spend a lot of time asking stuff on here they could have an answer to in minutes versus hours and it irks the hell out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Theres no need to get into a fluster...:eek:

I was of the opinion that 'someone' on these boards had a M1710 and had the warranty renwewed, obviously not it seems.

so, I will get onto the dell boys then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Did you ever find out about the cost of extended warranty?

I just bought a refurb M1710 on ebay will come to €750 delivered.

Checking the service tag shows that there is still 20 months warranty on it, does anyone know if this is still valid and transferrable to me?

Will ring Hydrabad in the morning Overheal, but just thought someone might have a quick answer!;)

invest4deepvalue.com

lol.

From my experience with HP they dont do any checks on whos asking the questions; if your laptop has a valid tag, they'll fix it. if you want to extend the warranty that information is updated to the service tag directly afaik, so you shouldnt have any problems renewing. Though, it might cost more to renew in the 3rd or 4th year as opposed to the 2nd: that I dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

I have a 1.5 year old dell xps m1710 which i'm considering changing for a hdx pavallion...the 20 inch beast of a thing. Any thoughts on this swap? I got the xps built according to my spec and it cost me 3k.

its in good nick....what price would I realistically get from a potential buyer? also....how good are the hdx pavallions? whats the top model in the range?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

its in good nick....what price would I realistically get from a potential buyer?

If it's any addition The M1710 I just bought has the following spec:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz, VIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX, 512 MB, 120 Gb hard drive, 2 Gb ram, Trulife screen, DVD+/-RW, Vista Ultimate supposedly in great condition with next business day on-site European service till 05/06/2010. I paid £599 sterling + shipping.

Plenty more refurb's with similar spec available around this price, many with bigger HD's and 4 gigs of ram although some sellers are trying to get up to £799.

I picked that particular one because it had a Norwegian keyboard and it's going to my nephew in Sweden so it will need just 3 key stickers to have the format he's used to.

If your's has a Bluray or the overclockable CPU you should of course expect to get more....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

I have a 1.5 year old dell xps m1710 which i'm considering changing for a hdx pavallion...the 20 inch beast of a thing. Any thoughts on this swap? I got the xps built according to my spec and it cost me 3k.

its in good nick....what price would I realistically get from a potential buyer? also....how good are the hdx pavallions? whats the top model in the range?
    A laptop with a subwoofer. I am intrigued. And partially aroused.

Advertisement