Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnnie Be Good Wedding Band

Options
  • 22-10-2014 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi
    We are thinking of booking Johnnie Be Good for our wedding but struggling to find any recent reviews. Has anyone seen them recently or had them as band and DJ. Just concerned that they aren't set up for an "older" crowd. Want the dance floor full. Any feedback gratefully accepted. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Hi
    We are thinking of booking Johnnie Be Good for our wedding but struggling to find any recent reviews. Has anyone seen them recently or had them as band and DJ. Just concerned that they aren't set up for an "older" crowd. Want the dance floor full. Any feedback gratefully accepted. Thanks

round a long time and they know their business well, if you've seen and like them, book them. you wont have any problems with the dance floor if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tt2014

I had a friend who was going to book them, he went to see their show case and it wasn't great, apparently the main guy was a bit of a diva so didnt go with them they went with a DJ instead, cheaper and more reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DeclanSean1981

round a long time and they know their business well, if you've seen and like them, book them. you wont have any problems with the dance floor if you do.

Thanks Clint. Have you seen them yourself at all?

tt2014 wrote: »
    I had a friend who was going to book them, he went to see their show case and it wasn't great, apparently the main guy was a bit of a diva so didnt go with them they went with a DJ instead, cheaper and more reliable

Thanks TT. Diva to deal with or diva on stage? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tt2014

Just to deal with, you need to have as little stress coming up to the big day as possible, my mate said they were a bit meh but theres a good link on here with wedding bands if you really want to have one

• Advertisement

Thanks Clint. Have you seen them yourself at all?

A few times over the years, Ive never seen a bad show from them. theyre all professional guys with good equipment and know thier business by which I mean if theyre playing a certain genre of music thats not working theyll know to change it, and will know all the songs that will get people up.
    I usually caveat recommendations with "always go and view", and Im hoping youve seen them already but are just worried what theyll be like at your wedding. I can understand the above comment about "diva" but for me thats a showman thing thats not always to everyones liking. I know loads of guys who completely change personality when they hit stage, its "showman mode". Not always to everyones taste but hopefully youll have seen this if youve been to view.

I know plenty of undesirables off the stage who are quite simply brilliant on the stage and vice versa. all walks of life

A few times over the years, Ive never seen a bad show from them. theyre all professional guys with good equipment and know thier business by which I mean if theyre playing a certain genre of music thats not working theyll know to change it, and will know all the songs that will get people up.
    I usually caveat recommendations with "always go and view", and Im hoping youve seen them already but are just worried what theyll be like at your wedding. I can understand the above comment about "diva" but for me thats a showman thing thats not always to everyones liking. I know loads of guys who completely change personality when they hit stage, its "showman mode". Not always to everyones taste but hopefully youll have seen this if youve been to view.

I know plenty of undesirables off the stage who are quite simply brilliant on the stage and vice versa. all walks of life

That's great thanks.

tt2014 wrote: »
    Just to deal with, you need to have as little stress coming up to the big day as possible, my mate said they were a bit meh but theres a good link on here with wedding bands if you really want to have one

again, Id understand this comment, lots of musicians are great at the onstage thing but no so great at dealing with people offstage as this is the management side of what we do.
    It doesn't mean they wont turn up and put on a great show on the night it just leaves some people thinking "why werent they just a little bit nicer to deal with in the run up to the wedding". if youre easier going that kind of thing might not affect you.

Advertisement