Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa

Options
  • 06-10-2014 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My friend is a non-eu who is currently on a stamp 2 student visa. Her stamp 2 will be expired on the 30th of Nov. She is planning to leave Ireland around 3rd of Dec and travel around Europe for a month. Then, she hopes to return to Ireland after her trip to collect her luggage from her brother's place before taking the flight back to Malaysia.

Her worries is that will the Immigration officer deny her entry to Ireland to collect her luggage?

Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 baller33

Hi,

I was here on a level 3 student visa extended for an extra year. When it expired, I traveled around Europe for a month. When I returned to Dublin, I was grilled at customs for 10 minutes (had to show return tickets booked, bank details, credit cards, they even went through my phone) but said it was protocol and granted my tourist visa for the month before my return ticket to the US.

So just be prepared and honest and you should not have any issues.

Advertisement