Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 8191.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

jimgoose wrote: »
    You misunderstand. I meant to repeat my "Get that sorted out or you'll be walking back shortly" comment for you! :pac:

Ah. I see.

But life on the edge Jim...driving with that light on is like automobile russian roulette....tis the only excitement I get these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Peregrine wrote: »
    We lost the number somewhere along the way. I don't even know which number this actually is.

keeping count is more of a Shelbyville idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Menas wrote: »
    Ah. I see.

But life on the edge Jim...driving with that light on is like automobile russian roulette....tis the only excitement I get these days!

TA at the amount of people who don't seem to understand the importance of oil. I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of bearings suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

This is really petty I know, but it is Trivial Annoyances.
    The wife shook me awake this morning, "it's time to get up"... 13 minutes before my alarm was to go off!
    Fûck off woman!... I've never missed work through sleep... And then (maybe rightly) she gets annoyed at me for being rude to her.
    Oh I was like a an anti Christ this morning. I hate being woke before my alarm. Bad enough I have to wake up without being woke earlier.... 13 minutes of good sleep disappeared!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

When you hear the postman making an almighty racket delivering your post through your letterbox, and so you expect to see a load of post on the ground when you go to the door to collect it, but instead you find one single sh_tty little flyer lying there. Wtf was he doing to make all that noise?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

And then... On my way to work, if I stop to let you pull out of a junction, then at least have the courtesy to muster the effort to lift your sausage fingered paw and wave or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When people pull out in front of you and then proceed to drive at 20/30kmp. Aaaaaaaaagh

• Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Dustpans that don't sit flush with the floor so you end up sweeping dust under them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

osarusan wrote: »
    Dustpans that don't sit flush with the floor so you end up sweeping dust under them.

Yes, yes, yes. Although it usually means I bought a cheap-ass dustpan set. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

osarusan wrote: »

While on the subject

One of my front headlights needs replacing.
    I have the spare bulb, but do you think it's a simple job as just popping the bonnet and changing it?

Hell no! I need to unhinge an air vent duct with some special tool and carefully remove it before pushing some other wires or stuff outta the way before slicing the skins on my hands to pieces on sharp metal bits as I try to get the old bulb out and new one in.
    I swear the motor manufactures designed it so that only people with midget hands can change bulbs...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

whiskeyman wrote: »
    While on the subject

I have the spare bulb, but do you think it's a simple job as just popping the bonnet and changing it?

Hell no! I need to unhinge an air vent duct with some special tool and carefully remove it before pushing some other wires or stuff outta the way before slicing the skins on my hands to pieces on sharp metal bits as I try to get the old bulb out and new one in.
    I swear the motor manufactures designed it so that only people with midget hands can change bulbs...

Weird, I just changed my side lamp bulbs for NCT later. Very tricky getting them in and out of the tiny holes with numb hands in that cold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

DareGod wrote: »
    When you hear the postman making an almighty racket delivering your post through your letterbox, and so you expect to see a load of post on the ground when you go to the door to collect it, but instead you find one single sh_tty little flyer lying there. Wtf was he doing to make all that noise?!

Especially when it's a "sorry we missed you" leaflet, because he couldn't be bothered delivering your package which is only marginally bigger than the letterbox.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

whiskeyman wrote: »
    While on the subject

It's not a Megane is it? If it is there is a special way to do that.
    When I had a Megane I scrapped the bejaysus out of my hands and arm trying to figure it out. That annoyed the sh*t out of me.
    On my Corolla now, one of the bulb is gone, went out and bought a new bulb, tride to take out the old one, but the fecker had melted into the plastic joke the bulb sticks into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

We have an old fridge in work, if you slam the door closed it just bounces back open again, so you have to close it gently. Whenever I pass it, I end up having to close it because some idiot must have tried to slam it closed and it opened again. I know it's not me paying the electricity bill here, but it's just such a waste! I think I close it about 3-4 times a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

having worked in a shop part time for a few months, my annoyance is folks not saying please, thanks, or kiss-me-a*** . A little manners goes a long way, like looking at the person that is serving you.

Also, when kids say to me "can I get x", I reply ...No, you cant get it. I will get it. You dont work here. Do you mean "Can I have x" ... (its a petty little annoyance, but its my petty little annoyance)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm trivially annoyed that I persist in watching Ireland AM before going in to work. It's only for 30 minutes but it never fails to annoy me in at least one way (but usually more).

This morning they were talking about George Clooney meeting the ordinary folk of Edinburgh. Somebody on the video shown said something like "He's even more gorgeous in real life!" to which Sinead Desmond said "He really is. Sure, just look at him!". Eh, that's a video. You're not looking at him in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Also, when kids say to me "can I get x", I reply ...No, you cant get it. I will get it. You dont work here. Do you mean "Can I have x" ... (its a petty little annoyance, but its my petty little annoyance)

This reminds me of something similar. I know they're only being polite and all, but -

"Can I ask you a question?"

I want to sigh, I want to tell them "Just ask the bloody question!", but I can't. I have to overlook the fact I find it annoying because I know they're only trying to be polite, but.... urgh! :(

Irish comedian* Aisling Bea did that when she was selecting letters on 8 Out Of 10 Does Countdown, and Sean Lock wasn't impressed about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvRSt1v2dA0&feature=youtu.be&t=20m44s

*I was going to refer to her as an Irish comedienne but I thought that might annoy some people, so I called her a comedian, which will probably annoy others. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

This reminds me of something similar. I know they're only being polite and all, but -

"Can I ask you a question?"

I want to sigh, I want to tell them "Just ask the bloody question!", but I can't. I have to overlook the fact I find it annoying because I know they're only trying to be polite, but.... urgh! :(

"Can I ask you a question ?"
    You just did, FFS!

Thrilled it's not raining today, and I could get some washing out on the line. But driven mad by kingsize duvet covers. It's such a struggle to get them on the line, and then when I'm pulling them to straighten them on the line, the pegs aren't gripping them properly so I'm just pulling the whole thing along the line :(. It's days like this I wish I was taller so that my arms were longer ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

A morning full of TA's this morning. Had to go to GNIB with the OH to renew her stamp 4, and she's only allowed to stay here as long as she is with me:

Despite getting up at 6am (TA in itself) we didn't manage to leave the house until 7 and then the traffic was sh*t because seemingly everyone else's girlfriend was due to be deported today also. Massive wait for a ticket and eventually got ticket number 150. At this stage they were at 20...

Hike back around to the car to put more money in the parking meter. OH forgets where she parked it and asks me where it is. Sure how the fúck would I know, you made me jump out of the car on Burgh Quay in front of an articulated lorry to make sure we got a place in the queue while you parked?

Eventually find the car so I go up to at least sit into it out of the icy wind while she tops up the parking. I turn around and there she is loitering at the pay machine.

"What are you doing?"
    "I'm waiting for 10:18"
    "Why?"
    "Because I have paid parking until then. Now it's only 10:15. I want to use up our 3 minutes!"

:mad::mad:

Paid it eventually, and went back into the office. They are up to 25. Tick.....tock....tick.....tock....

Then she says, "I've to top up the parking again"

Hawk fúcking back outside and start the whole thing again only this time she has no change.

"We better go to Spar"

(Spar has no ATM)

"We'll walk up the quay a bit"

Find an ATM, take out cash. Back to Spar to get coins.

"Will I buy chocolate? No I am on a diet. Let's play the Lotto instead"

Eventually get back into the immigration office and there are no seats, because all the plebs are sitting like this

3(space)2(space)3(space)1(space)3(space) etc.

Then when we finally did get seen, the big judgmental head on the silly b*tch who took our 300euro for 60 seconds work, and me unable to be my usual snarly cutting self with her because with a flick of her public sector pen she could make our lives misery.

Well, it's over now for another year at least.

Also annoying was the poster they had up on the wall, saying "Do you want a fresh start in your country of origin? We can provide assistance, financial aid and free plane tickets if you do" - in other words "get out of our lovely country, go on. We'll even pay you to go" :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

having worked in a shop part time for a few months, my annoyance is folks not saying please, thanks, or kiss-me-a*** . A little manners goes a long way, like looking at the person that is serving you.

Other annoyances in shops, customers who ask "do you know what is I am looking for?"

"How the fcuk would I know until you tell me!"

And bastards on phones while being served.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Its a high standard of annoyances in this new thread...great start!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

While making my porridge this morning, I added in a good spoon of honey as always with the same spoon I'd eat the porridge with.
    However, I got distracted with something else and forgot to mix the spoon in, so my first spoon of porridge was a huge honey blob hidden by a small layer or oats!

It was a bit much when not expecting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

In Tesco earlier with my friend and we were humming and hawing :rolleyes:about a little plastic container of sweets(Pastilles.Jelly Tots and Randoms)for 5e.I bought them even though I wouldnt really eat them but thought theyd keep my son in good form for 5 mins and got charged 13e at the til:eek:.Fuming then as I was sent to queue at CS and said to my friend this will be entertaining as Im calling a manager because Ive been overcharged in there numerous times.
    Didnt even get the satisfaction to complain because 13e is correct ..how the hell can a few fcuking jellies cost that much and why the hell dont they put the right price in front of stuff .
    I wont even start on the parking at the shopping centre earlier,absolutely mental and when people get into their car knowing that youre waiting for the spot and spend 10 minutes "fixing themselves" before driving off I actually want to hurt them badly:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Jaysus, people are really annoyed today.
    You'd swear it was Friday the 13th or something.

Motorists have been annoying me this week. My cycle home takes 5 or 6 minutes, and it's on edge of the town I live in. Still, on that short journey for the past few days, I can hear a car behind me refusing to overtake even though there's loads of room. I was cycling inside the broken yellow line, a few inches from the kerb, and you could nearly fit two cars on my side of the road, but this car is right up behind me without overtaking! It's not as if I were all over the road. Straight like an arrow, I am!

On another bit of the road just after this, the road surface is terrible. I'm shaking like I'm losing structural integrity entering the planets atmosphere while having an epileptic fit, when a similar thing happens (although this time I don't blame the motorist behind me as much). I do blame the motorist who pulls out onto the road from a housing estate as this is going on, who's probably thinking "There's nobody coming, just a cyclist..."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I owed a friend a favour, so last weekend, Mrs E and I took him and his OH to dinner ( I am not keen on her, but that's anothe story ,he does not really drink, so the meal was the best option, anyway, if I bought him a bottle of something, she would drink it!). We get to the restaurant late (her fault) and of course i have to apologise. Anyway, my TA is, after we get seated and handed menus, she (due to the fact she has the guts of a bottle of wine In her before she came out) proceeds to loudly read the menu, like its a fcuken ladybird book, every single item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Everyone has the same ring tone as me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Everyone has the same ring tone as me :(

Nobody has the same ring-tone as me. I use Kraftwerk's "The Model" for some reason. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

TA'd that I couldn't find any Cadbury Tiffins in the shop so I had to settle for the vastly inferior Fruit & Nut instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement