Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Studying Psychotherapy and Struggling

• 04-03-2015 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi

Im not even sure why Im posting here. Just a vent I suppose and to see if anyone else was in the same boat while studying

Im in my first year in a psychotherapy course and I have to say, I love it. I find it absolutely fascinating, interesting and every thing I learn makes me realise more and more that this is what I want to do.

Im just finding it tough mentally though. The weekly therapy, the group therapy, the analysing everything thats happening to me (find it hard to stop!) and the learning to think and see relationships in a new way ..... its all starting to make feel a little cuckoo!!!!!!!!

Did anyone else feel like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

It's pretty normal to feel this way when it's your first experience of therapy.

It gets easier, hang in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Your lecturers should be addressing this issue with all of you. It's very common.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭descheness

I felt the same way! I found myself overanalyzing myself and all of my feelings. You just have to learn to separate yourself from the classes and take care of your own mental health above anything else!

Advertisement