Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parent Company Tax resident outside of Ireland

Options
  • 09-09-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I have a quick question that someone might be able to shed some light over. Basically I want to know what the financial statement disclosure requirements are in an Irish Subsidiarys accoounts, where the ultimate parent company is resident in the Caymen Islands. Is there anything within the FRS whish requires disclosure of the Parent companys residency. Any help or guidance on particular FRS would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

Hi,

I have a quick question that someone might be able to shed some light over. Basically I want to know what the financial statement disclosure requirements are in an Irish Subsidiarys accoounts, where the ultimate parent company is resident in the Caymen Islands. Is there anything within the FRS whish requires disclosure of the Parent companys residency. Any help or guidance on particular FRS would be appreciated.

From just taking a quick glance at IAS 24 Related Parties it states -
    "Relationships between a parent and its subsidiaries shall be disclosed irrespective of whether there have been transactions between them. An entity shall disclose the name of its parent and, if different, the ultimate controlling party. If neither the entity's parent nor the ultimate controlling party produces consolidated financial statements available for public use, the name of the next most senior parent that does so shall also be disclosed."

From what I can see it doesn't mention anything specifically about country of residence of the ultimate parent company but I am open to correction as I have seen financial statements before where country of residence is mentioned.

Advertisement