Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2014 CAP2 thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

I am also doing all FAE classes with CGS if I can get the money. If I cant get the money I will beg and borrow. The classes are brilliant do them!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

Can anyone tell me how they would rate the SFMA ACA revision course. Is it similiar to CGS. The reason I am asking is that I cannot make the CGS one in Cork, due to my daughter's communion.Would you get similiar notes? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 coolroe27

Anyone have the CAP 1 Finance Mock paper & solution from 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 29 valarmorghulis

Completing CAP 2 exams Externally before Training Contract Starts

Hi I was just looking for peoples advice in relation to getting them out of the way and avoiding studying and working for at least the first year of the training contract. I am CAP 1 exempt, start contract in October. Unfortunately all CAP 2 papers and solutions require log in. From initial research of ACCA
    F5= SFMA
    F6=Tax
    F7= Financial Reporting
    F8= Auditing & Assurance

All ACCA past papers and solutions are up. I understand I would need to attend classes if they were on. In a sense, just trying to make life easier on myself by getting a headstart with a bit of study or getting them 50% or 100% done in October. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 PeteF

Completing CAP 2 exams Externally before Training Contract Starts

Hi I was just looking for peoples advice in relation to getting them out of the way and avoiding studying and working for at least the first year of the training contract. I am CAP 1 exempt, start contract in October. Unfortunately all CAP 2 papers and solutions require log in. From initial research of ACCA
    F5= SFMA
    F6=Tax
    F7= Financial Reporting
    F8= Auditing & Assurance

All ACCA past papers and solutions are up. I understand I would need to attend classes if they were on. In a sense, just trying to make life easier on myself by getting a headstart with a bit of study or getting them 50% or 100% done in October. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Are you planning to sit the autumn sitting of the CAP2 exams?

The ACCA course notes and materials for those exams can be quite different to the CAP2 exam requirements. For instance F7 covers pensions in more detail than CAP2 level. So be very careful if you do refer to ACCA material that you're not wasting time studying areas you just don't need to know.

When you start your training contract, you'll still have to work for 3 1/2 years in the firm. You'll save no time in contract sitting them in 2014. Also, your firm may not reimburse you for the expense of sitting them, and you'll not be paid for the time you spend studying for them. By contrast, your firm will provide you with paid study leave and pay for your tuition if you just wait.

Whilst it's certainly no harm is reviewing some of the material now, so it's familiar to you, I think your time would be better spent enjoying your time between now and October, or working so you can save a bit of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 valarmorghulis

Yes, I was thinking of doing 2 or 4 in October.

Yes I definitely don't want to waste time doing stuff with ACCA that's irrelevant. I think mine is 3 years but fully understand I wont reduce my contract length. I will contact them and CAI to find out if they would reimburse it. My initial thoughts would be the paid study leave would become paid leave as I would be giving up my summer beforehand cramming the course.

I had heard that study for CAP 2's involved Sat 9-4 and Sun 9-4 study at lectures which may be incorrect. That is why I was considering taking the pressure off myself in the first year of my contract and solely concentrating on the work and enjoying the weekends.

But I understand if they did not reimburse the exam sitting and did not offer paid leave then It would be silly sitting them early.Cheers for advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭GraGra90

Yes, I was thinking of doing 2 or 4 in October.

Yes I definitely don't want to waste time doing stuff with ACCA that's irrelevant. I think mine is 3 years but fully understand I wont reduce my contract length. I will contact them and CAI to find out if they would reimburse it. My initial thoughts would be the paid study leave would become paid leave as I would be giving up my summer beforehand cramming the course.

I had heard that study for CAP 2's involved Sat 9-4 and Sun 9-4 study at lectures which may be incorrect. That is why I was considering taking the pressure off myself in the first year of my contract and solely concentrating on the work and enjoying the weekends.

But I understand if they did not reimburse the exam sitting and did not offer paid leave then It would be silly sitting them early.Cheers for advice.

From personal experience, I doubt you'll get the leave if you sit them before going in, I've never seen a firm do that. It is tough to do them while working but the paid study leave definitely helps and some firms offer additional supports.

Also, as far as I know the October sitting is a repeat only sitting, not a first time sitting but I could be incorrect in that. Lecture timetables depends on what firm you're with and can be more evening focused or more weekend focused. I'd advise you to contact CAI directly and discuss with them, they're very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rachelmarie

Hi Guys,

Am sitting FR in the end of the month having got 45%oo last year. I have not been to lectures and am just wondering if there are any significant changes since 2013 I should be aware of? Also wondering if there are any tips on what will come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Imported but

FYI everyone, I received this e-mail today:-

PLEASE READ - CAP2 INSTRUCTIONS TO EXAMINATION CANDIDATES

Cap2Exam <Cap2Exam@charteredaccountants.ie> 11 June 2014 12:11

Dear Student,

Please see below instructions to examination candidates sitting CAP2 Summer examinations. Please read all instructions carefully.

Wishing you the very best of luck.

Aileen

** IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEASE READ **
    *** CHANGE TO END OF EXAMINATION PROCESS ***

YOU MUST SIGN OUT YOUR EXAMINATION BOOKLET DURING THE COLLECTION PROCESS (SEE INSTRUCTION 13)

CAP2 EXAM TIME TABLE

· TAX (NI) & (ROI): Tuesday, 24th June 2014 at 9:30am - 1:20pm

· Audit & Assurance: Wednesday, 25th June 2014 at 9:30am - 1:20pm

· SFMA: Thursday, 26th June 2014 at 9:30am - 1:20pm

· Financial Reporting: Friday, 27th June 2014 at 9:30am - 1:20pm|

INSTRUCTIONS TO EXAMINATION CANDIDATES – CAP2 SUMMER 2014

(1) The examination will commence each day at the time stated on the attached ttimetable above. Candidates should be in attendance at least twenty minutes before the stated time and should have their letter of notification (emailed on 6th June 2014) and photographic identification placed on their desk ready for inspection by the Invigilator. Candidates should enter the hall and take their seats in accordance with the instructions of the Invigilator.

The Professional Exams Committee has agreed to allow 20 minutes reading time for each of the papers at CA Proficiency 2. During this time candidates will have the exam papers and will be permitted to make notes etc., but will not be permitted to open or write in the answer booklets. At the end of the 20 minute period, the invigilators will signal that students are permitted to use the answer booklets.

Each candidate must take his/her seat at the desk bearing their examination number. When the exam papers have been handed out you must not touch the paper until you have been given permission to do so. In fairness to all candidates, the exam will not start until everyone has been given their exam paper.

(2) Any explanation with regard to late arrival, illness or otherwise must be given to the Invigilator. Under no circumstances will a candidate be allowed to take his/her place after one hour has elapsed from the commencement of a sitting. No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall until a period of one hour has elapsed. If a candidate arrives late during the first hour of an examination, he/she must still finish on time.

(3) At certain venues, candidates may be allowed to park at the venue in the grounds adjacent to the examination hall. Where such parking is permitted, the Institute cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage to candidates' cars (or valuables therein) while parked, if any such loss or damage occurs. Candidates should take care not to park in prohibited areas at examination venues.

The Institute will not incur any parking costs.

(4) After the examination has commenced, no candidate may leave the examination hall without permission. A candidate who completes his/her answers before the end of the examination may, with the permission of the Invigilator, retire from the examination hall but is expected to do so as quietly as possible once they have handed up their answer booklet and signed out. A candidate retiring early from the hall must advise the Invigilator as to the reasons why.

The candidate must also submit an answer book, even if there are no answers therein and sign out their answer booklet on the attendance sheet.

Any candidate who takes his/her place, receives a paper and signs his/her attendance sheet in respect of any of the papers which he/she is required to sit will be deemed to have attempted the examination, regardless of whether or not he/she submits any examination answers in his/her answer book.

Candidates will not be permitted to retire from the examination hall until one hour has elapsed.

Candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall during the last 30 minutes of the examination.

(5) CA Proficiency 2 exams are operated on an open book basis, except TAXATION which is a closed book examination.

During open book examinations, candidates are permitted to bring into the examination hall any reference material of their choice. Candidates should be very selective with regard to the material brought into the examination, primarily because attempting to look up a lot of material during the examination is likely to be time consuming and unproductive. Also, the space available in the hall is limited.

During closed book examinations i.e. Taxation, candidates may not retain at their desk any book, paper or manuscript before, during or after the examination. Any candidate infringing this rule will be liable to disqualification. In Taxation, candidates may only refer to the inserts enclosed with the paper.

(6) The Institute cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in respect of any property brought into the examination hall.

(7) The name of the candidate must not appear anywhere in the answer book, either within the text of an answer or otherwise. Any candidate infringing this rule will be liable to disqualification.

(8) Candidates must bring their own stationary including calculators and rulers.

(9) In any paper where it is appropriate, candidates may elect to answer in accordance with either the law and practice of Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland. However, the election must apply to the entire paper and must be clearly indicated on the answer book cover. Separate versions of the Tax paper will be provided for Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

(10) A candidate must indicate on the answer book front cover his/her examination number (NOT Student Number) and the questions attempted by him/her, in addition to the part and paper which he/she sat.

(11) A candidate will not under any circumstances be allowed to amend, or insert any written material into, his/her answer book at any time after his/her answer book has been collected by the Invigilator and the candidate has retired from the examination hall.

(12) Candidates may use their own calculators in all papers in all Parts of the examination. The regulations governing the use of calculators are set out further in this document.

CONCLUSION OF EXAMINATION

(13) At the conclusion of each examination, the Invigilator will announce the end of the examination, at which point all candidates must stop answering the examination questions. Candidates must stop writing and put down their pens.

The attention of candidates is drawn to the fact that, if they fail to comply with a request from the invigilator to stop writing or to hand up their answer book, they will be in breach of the examination regulations. In such circumstances, the Invigilator has authority to report the breach of the regulations on the part of the candidate to the Professional Examinations Committee (PEC)

Candidates are required to remain seated at their examination desk until the Invigilator has collected their answer book. Candidates must sign out their answer booklets on the attendance record when requested by the invigilator during the collection process. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he/she has handed the answer book to the Invigilator before he/she leaves the examination hall. Any script removed from the examination hall will be deemed by the Professional Examinations Committee as thereby invalidated.

Candidates will not under any circumstances be allowed to insert any written material into their answer books at any time after their answer books have been collected by the Invigilator and they have retired from the examination hall.

Candidates must also sign out their answer booklet at the end of the Examination during the collection process. Candidates will do so by signing their signature against their examination number on the attendance records. Candidates must obey invigilator instructions at all times.

Once their answer book has been collected, and candidates have signed out their examination script, candidates will be expected to retire from the examination hall.

ELIGIBILITY, SECURITY & DISCIPLINE

(14) At the time of the examination, a student attempting CA Proficiency 2 must:

a. be serving under a Training Contract; or

b. be admitted to the examination as an Elevation student

(15) Candidates must not bring into, or remove from, the examination hall any items of examination stationery i.e. answer booklets

(16) A candidate may not communicate with, receive assistance from or copy from another candidate during the examination.

(17) Smoking and the consumption of alcohol is not prohibited in the examination hall at all times.

(18) Candidates may not bring into the examination hall any form of wireless communication e.g. mobile phones, computers. You are not allowed to have on your desk or on your person mobile phones, any form of computer, or other electronic equipment. Any such item should be switched off and left at the top of the hall or stowed in your bag. If an invigilator notices a phone or other electronic device on your person / desk, they will remove the device to the top of the hall. You can retrieve the device when you are leaving the examination hall. No responsibility will be taken by Chartered Accountants Ireland for devices lost, stolen or damaged.

(19) All candidates are reminded that they are permitted to enter and sit for the Institute Examination on the basis that, at all times, they agree to be bound by the examination regulations and the decisions of the Professional Examinations Committee. A candidate who is in breach of any of the regulations may be liable to disqualification from the examination.

(20) On the morning of each exam, the Invigilator will make routine announcements prior to the start time of the exam. We would ask all candidates to pay attention to these announcements as they are of significant importance.

(21) Candidates are not permitted to wear a hat, cap or have a hood covering their head during examinations. Candidates are also not allowed to use headphones or ear muffs during examinations.

SUBMISSION OF REPRESENTATION TO PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATIONS COMMITTEE (PEC)

(22) Candidates may make representations to the PEC regarding extenuating circumstances affecting their examination performance e.g. medical condition, bereavement. All such representations must be submitted within a specified period after the final day of the examination concerned. The specified period is:

· 7 days from the final day of examination

Representations received by the due date will be given consideration in the adjudication of results. Representations received after the due date will not be considered.

Candidates must fill out the application form which can be found at the bottom of the CAP2 Exam Information page on the Institute website and submit original supporting documentation i.e. medical evidence

Please note that if you submit original supporting documentation and wish this to be returned then you will need to specifically request this to Aileen Finn, CAP2 Exam Executive. Under Data Protection, please be advised that your medical information shall not be kept for any longer than is necessary for the purpose for which you submitted it. After this time it will be confidentially destroyed unless you specifically request this documentation to be returned. You can request this evidence to be returned by enclosing a stamped addressed envelope with your application.

STUDENT FEEDBACK

(23) CASSI, through the local student societies, prepares a submission to Chartered Accountants Ireland containing student feedback on the examinations. If you have any feedback on the examinations which you wish to submit, please forward it to your local student society.

REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE USE OF CALCULATORS IN THE EXAMINATION

(24)

· The calculators which may be used by candidates must be battery/solar operated, pocket-sized (approx. 3" x 6"), non-programmable, noiseless, cordless and without print-out facilities.

· The decision of the examination Invigilator with regard to the acceptability of any particular model of calculator will be final.

· Candidates using calculators should ensure that the steps which they have followed in reaching their solution to a particular question are shown clearly in their answers.

· The borrowing or sharing of calculators in the examination hall will not be permitted.

· The Institute cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to calculators in the examination hall.

GUIDANCE ON STUDENTS ON HOW TO USE THE ANSWER BOOK

(25) GUIDANCE – GENERAL

· Where part of an answer to a question is written on a page(s) which is separate from the main body of the answer, the student should cross-reference the material using the pre-printed page numbers.

· Where a student does not want a part of his/her answer or rough work to be considered, he/she should simply draw a line through that part.

· Students are encouraged to plan their answers before commencing to write, and to try to present them in the correct order.

· Writing pages are provided in the answer book and candidates are asked to utilise the appropriate form of answer paper for the various questions.

· Answers are to be written on the answer book supplied, in accordance with the following instructions:

· Answers are to be written in ink or biro. However, red ink or red biro should not be used. Computations may be written in pencil.

· The answers to each question must be commenced on a separate page. Where a question consists of two or more parts this instruction does not apply to the separate parts.

· The name of the candidate must not appear anywhere in the answer book, either within the text of an answer or otherwise. Any candidate infringing this rule will be liable to disqualification.

· It is not intended to provide students with a second answer book during an examination sitting. The answer book is designed to be large enough to accommodate all of a student’s answers at any one sitting. Students are expected to manage their answer books and utilise the answer pages appropriately.

· Examination answers may only be written on the pages of the answer book. Students may not insert into the answer book answers written on extraneous pages.

· General neatness and the manner of setting out answers will be taken into consideration in the marking of scripts. Candidates are recommended to take care with English grammar when composing their answers to narrative questions.

· The responsibility for legibility of handwriting resides exclusively with the candidate. The examiner(s) will make all reasonable efforts to read each script submitted. However, in cases where the examiner(s), following reasonable effort to decipher handwriting, conclude(s) that all or any part of a script is illegible, the responsibility for the consequences of such illegibility, in terms of any marks not awarded which might otherwise have been awarded, had the script, or any part thereof, been decipherable by the examiner, shall reside exclusively with the candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sea The Starz

How's everyone getting on. Hopin everyone is doing crap so I can feel better about myself! I'm golden with tax, and confident with FR and Audit, however I'm up **** creek with SFMA as I only started lookin at it 2 days ago. Anyone have any tips, as I just plan on doing old exam papers and say a few prayers to the big man downstairs.

Just on FR what are people bringing in to use disclosure note templates, just a set of template financial statements???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

How's everyone getting on. Hopin everyone is doing crap so I can feel better about myself! I'm golden with tax, and confident with FR and Audit, however I'm up **** creek with SFMA as I only started lookin at it 2 days ago. Anyone have any tips, If you can, do the Chartered Grind School with Liam Doran as I just plan on doing old exam papers and say a few prayers to the big man downstairs.

Just on FR what are people bringing in to use disclosure note templates, just a set of template financial statements??? Print off a set of accounts from CRH, The Kerry Group or similar

As above, for SFMA do the grind school if they are not already over. I was in the same position as you. Hadn't a clue but did the course with Liam Doran. He covers all topics, tells you what you need to know and what you dont. Got me across the line, would have failed with out it.

For the disclosure notes print off accounts from one of the big companies and keep the disclosure notes -in your folder. Have a read through them before hand so you know where everything is and what the wordring is like as you will need to change the wording to fit the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭yourhero

Two quick questions !

Can you write in pencil in the exam? (Doubtful but would be useful for loss relief computation and a lot of other areas)

Is the loss memo workings (I.e. you can put in left hand page graph paper) or is it formally marked? Only reason I ask is because it would be very useful to have side by side and with the full computation.

FYI, CGS for tax was good but quite a few typos in the booklet

Hope studying going okay for people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

its marked as far as i know, i think most of your workings and reasonings are so id put it in its own right just to be sure.. as for the pencil, i cant see why not but as it is pencil(depending on your handwriting) it could fade

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DonnaCap2

Hi just wondering if anyone has SFMA Mock Paper that they would mind emailing?? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Dublin Group 2....
    Does anyone recall what session Michael Tuohy did the consolidation question where shares were given as part consideration? The question (I think) is Avignon, Nantes and Rochelle.

Thanks, and hope the study is going well for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Dublin Group 2....
    Does anyone recall what session Michael Tuohy did the consolidation question where shares were given as part consideration? The question (I think) is Avignon, Nantes and Rochelle.

Thanks, and hope the study is going well for everyone.

There was a question done on Revision Day 2 involving shares as part of consideration if that is of any use to you.

Does anyone have a copy of the standards checklist that Margaret used during the revision days? I can't find it in the course material section, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Well lads, first one down.

Thought it was tricky enough in parts but like to think I did enough to get over the line. The R&D in q1 threw alot of ppl it seems.

Audit tomorrow, not looking forward to this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Santi101 wrote: »

Thought it was tricky enough in parts but like to think I did enough to get over the line. The R&D in q1 threw alot of ppl it seems.

The R&D question was a bitch. When I saw it during the reading time my response was, I need 50 out of 90 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I had a disaster today. I was most confident about tax but I just confused myself so much today I completely lost the run of my answers and train of thought. I'll be lucky to get 25% !!!

The first hour was a blur for me too, didnt handle the pressure too well. Misjudged my timing at one point and thought i was ten minutes behind but hadnt factored in reading time..........:rolleyes:.....felt like i didnt do as well as i should have with the work put in....but look, all about 50 marks.

Need to be way more switched on for audit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The first hour was a blur for me too, didnt handle the pressure too well. Misjudged my timing at one point and thought i was ten minutes behind but hadnt factored in reading time..........:rolleyes:.....felt like i didnt do as well as i should have with the work put in....but look, all about 50 marks.

Need to be way more switched on for audit.

I can always repeat in August :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 SalEB1990

Very tough exam today! Had spent ages getting losses into my head and not a sign of them... dammit! I was ok with R&D it was the question on CGT of him disposing in his shares that threw me... just completely froze!! Crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Louised86

Sfma today was horrible. I thought it would have been ok but I made silly mistakes and ran out of time, spent too long on the case study and my other 2 qs were patched together! If you got 10.2 in the ca do you just need 39.8 in this to pass overall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Louised86 wrote: »
    Sfma today was horrible. I thought it would have been ok but I made silly mistakes and ran out of time, spent too long on the case study and my other 2 qs were patched together! If you got 10.2 in the ca do you just need 39.8 in this to pass overall?

39.8 out of 85 which is 46.8 of the marks that were on todays paper

• Registered Users Posts: 34 SalEB1990

Had an absolute nightmare today too. Fortunate in that with my CA results I needed 45.6% to pass this but still it will be tight. Opened the paper saw TP and froze. Usually really good at FX stuff but made a balls of the money market hedge, didn't use the WACC rate for the working capital part, q2 went ok for me but question 4 was a no show. Didn't have enough time left and just threw random stuff down!!

I'll be happy if I only have one repeat in October with the way these have gone so far :-/!

Yeah, resigned for a repeat on this one. Think Tax and Audit went OK but i was less worried about this and it was very tough.

Even after giving a tough case study, the options were also tough.

Left the hedging stuff til last, and only got 2/3 of the int rate one done...had to cut it there.

Considering the CA results, I think it would take an exam like that to fail which is disappointing. The mock and last years exam gave false hope i think with loads on variances, roce, ratio/financial analysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

few shocks alright:

0 marks for variances, seems to be the first time thats happened in Summer
    20 marks for hedging etc in Q1 (no choice)

But i had gambled on Transfer Pricing and Balanced Scorecard so plenty of marks for them.
    Q4 had a few very sticky parts, didnt understand (b) at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

Tax - a lot more theory than I was expecting but bar the R&D question, it was ok.

Audit - fair enough paper

SFMA - horrible!!! I thought the transfer pricing part wasn't clear at all, and I screwed up FX and interest rate. My timing was completely off aswell. It was gone 12 and I was still on the case study! I did q2 & q3 because I though Q4 looked horrific. I'm hoping that I'll get marks for theory and they'll just ignore the fact that I couldn't calculate anything correctly. I had 13 from the assessment but after that, I'm fairly sure I failed. My only consolation was that everyone else looked as miserable as I was when coming out of the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭yourhero

After 3 exams, I can't honestly say I've passed any of them. I passed 2 mock exams and did well in all CAs so not happy!
    At this stage I don't give a flying 'duck'. Not driving tomorrow so will be in the Horseshow drinking from about 1330. Join me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 cluray

Thought case study was ok, had done alot on FX was expecting a full question on it, only thing was I did it as a receipt in 3 months time instead of a payment, had just finished it and had to adjust all the figures!! Surprised to see interest rate hedging again and no variances or EVA/ROCE/RI. Part A was give away 9 marks.

Headed for question 4 then, thought it would be ok, it wasn't! Horrible question, couldn't see how to work out the synergies, as it didnt give value of the combined companies. Hopefully pick up a few theory marks.

Was going to do Q3 but went for Q2 instead as was pushed for time, it was a fairly general question.

Overall hoping I did enough in Q1 and picked up 7-8marks in the other 2. only need 44, hopefully did enough!

Advertisement