Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Pike

Options
  • 22-12-2010 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Anybody manage to catch a 20lb + pike yet this winter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭gary29428

Had a 28 in November off Corrib on a Dorado jerkbait. It's one I got from an online shop in Poland. The value is excellent, bait was 4.40euro, would have cost upwards of 12 here. Got a few Predox gliding gigalo's for 5.70 each, these are on Harris Sports mail for over 16 sterling. They charge 8euro to ship.

As with everywhere else it's been quite with the weather recently. Corrib is now frozen solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Had a 22lb 11oz and a 23lb 6oz on the Shannon
    Both specimens claimed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Nope, my best so far this winter was a touch over 18lbs, but I am continuing in my quest, Ahab like, to catch a pike that I spotted in Lough Derg some time back. It was the biggest pike I have ever seen in the flesh here in Ireland or in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

19.8 on Corrib last week

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭zacmorris

gary29428 wrote: »
    Had a 28 in November off Corrib on a Dorado jerkbait. It's one I got from an online shop in Poland. The value is excellent, bait was 4.40euro, would have cost upwards of 12 here. Got a few Predox gliding gigalo's for 5.70 each, these are on Harris Sports mail for over 16 sterling. They charge 8euro to ship.

As with everywhere else it's been quite with the weather recently. Corrib is now frozen solid.
    Hi Gary,

Do you have a link for that website? Looking to orger a load of lures at the mo.

Thanks,

Z

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭fiacha

Zac,

No idea if this is the site Gary used, but they have a good reputation with UK lure addicts :)

http://www.fishing-mart.com.pl/sklep/en/index.html

No connection with them, just a happy customer.

F.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭zacmorris

fiacha wrote: »
    Zac,

No idea if this is the site Gary used, but they have a good reputation with UK lure addicts :)

http://www.fishing-mart.com.pl/sklep/en/index.html

No connection with them, just a happy customer.

F.

Thanks Fiacha!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭gary29428

Yeah, that's the site I have been using. No affiliation either but the prices speak for themselves. On Corrib yesterday and had 4, one at 16lb and the other 3 under 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

I live near the Corrib (Barna) but I don't have a boat - is there anywhere good on west side of Lough Corrib for shore fishing - floated deadbaits etc? I don't mind a trek.

My winter best has improved thanks to a lovely fish of 24lbs 7oz. As usual for me, it was caught in Lough Derg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Birroc wrote: »
    I live near the Corrib (Barna) but I don't have a boat - is there anywhere good on west side of Lough Corrib for shore fishing - floated deadbaits etc? I don't mind a trek.

i dont think anyone is going to post their fav shore fishing spots on a website! you might need to do your own homework, have you considered a float tube or pontoon boat or some other similar portable craft? you could cover a lot of the shore in small portable craft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Kess73 wrote: »
    My winter best has improved thanks to a lovely fish of 24lbs 7oz. As usual for me, it was caught in Lough Derg.

well done nice pike.

well done nice pike.

Thanks, with luck I will catch her again sometime in the future and with luck she will have gained a little more weight.

Advertisement