Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BassBoots

Options
  • 19-12-2010 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

BassBoots
    Indestructible Waders !!
    Much Lighter than anything on the market.
    Made to measure.
    Perfect fit every time.

One of best new innovative products i've seen.

For lads who end up buying 2 - 3 pairs of Waders a year they are well worth the spend.

Unless you put a Bullet through them they will last you for Life !

I recently seen a 7 year old prototype , apart from the dirt ..they where as good as the new ones on show !
    I tested the different materials with filleting knifes , screw drivers etc.

http://www.bassboots.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭J. Ramone

Are they breathable?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Labyrinthfish

Not Sure !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

J. Ramone wrote: »
    Are they breathable?
    I would guess not. Butyl rubber is the same stuff pond liners are made out of.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Butyl rubber might be waterproof, but it's also a heavy material. It is the same material car and truck inner tubes are made from..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Labyrinthfish

Think its only the Boot that is made from Butyl rubber.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Well if the butyl rubber was to be combined with a woven nylon type material, the result could be strong, strong enough to make it thinner, and that would help the weight go down.
    After all many other waders have a shiny waterproof layer outside, and a cloth type inner layer bonded onto it.

If that is how the boot parts are done, it is a tried and tested design. I presume the upper parts are lighter material.

So I guess these waders have promise.

Advertisement