Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any advice

Options
  • 18-09-2007 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

Hey,

I recently got a secondhand rover 25. I know I know a rover. But it suits my needs at them moment, low mileage and it seems like a good runner.

But to the point, I got hit from behind today leaving a nice dent in the bumper thanks to a *lovely fellow* in a banged up 92 toyata. But that aside any idea what a replacement might cost(for the bumper that is).

Thanks for any advice in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭~~SKYHIGH~~

From a scrap yard probably 30euro..... Oh and watch out for your headgasket!! Viciously weak on those cars...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Rove 25 will have colour coded bumpers, good luck finding one in the exact colour for 30 quid. Is the guilty party paying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

colm_mcm wrote:
    Rove 25 will have colour coded bumpers, good luck finding one in the exact colour for 30 quid. Is the guilty party paying?

Was afraid of that.
    No the fellow made a run for it when I was having none of his crap. I will be on the look out for his car though.

Any good scrap yards to have a look at?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What year is your Rover 25? Take note that the 1999 - 2004 model had a different bumper to the 2004 onwards model.

You could chance www.eBay.co.uk or www.traynors.co.uk. You will probably need to factor in the price of having it painted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Fair play to the boy in the toyota, pity he didn't right off the rover. Jess I HATE rovers. :-)

Get a toyota yourself! (Bet the corolla wasn't even marked!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

corglass wrote:
    Fair play to the boy in the toyota, pity he didn't right off the rover. Jess I HATE rovers. :-)

Very helpful post for the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

Its a 02 rover.
    I am going to a panel beater tomorrow see what he thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭~~SKYHIGH~~

Do yourself a favour and source that bumper youself as a garage would probably charge a write up of 30% for the bumper alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

corglass wrote:

Who's Jess?

Anyhow, To my knowledge a Rover 200, Rover 45, or MG ZR bumper will fit your car. If it's a common enough colour you may be able to find one if you ring enough scrapyards. Can't see you getting a bumper for €30 though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

If you're still looking for a rear bumper, this crowd on ebay (partsforrovers@aol.com) say they have a few in different colours. 50 sterling plus whatever they charge for postage to IRL.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160160429793

BTW, I don't like these guys. I'm not recommending them, but if it gets you the part you need and you can't get elsewhere, then that's good enough :)

Their full details are:
    Parts For Rover
    14 Roxell Trading Estate
    Argale Road
    London
    E10 7QE

On eBay, they use ID "roverpartsuk"

Tel: 0208 5588023
    Tel: 0208 5582975
    Fax: 0208 5560803
    http://www.partsforrover.co.uk
    partsforrovers@aol.com

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Did you get a reg? Contact the gardai about a hit and run. They should be able to point you or your insurance company in his direction. Crucify the Bas***d!

Advertisement