Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Privatised Speed Cameras

Options
  • 29-10-2007 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

According to a article I'm reading from last March, it says these Privatised Speed Cameras will be rolled out this Autumn - which would mean the end of this month at the latest??

Anyone heard any other set date for this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Next year. Spring next year.

I hope they come so late they never come at all.

The UK is full of them and guess what, the numbers dying on their roads hasn't dropped at all compared to before their introduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Done correctly speed cameras could have a massive impact on road deaths. They aren't done correctly in the UK. I have my doubts tey will be done correctly in Ireland but when the RSA & the gardai were explaining how they wanted them to work the syste they prosposed would make a difference.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Ronanom wrote: »
    According to a article I'm reading from last March, it says these Privatised Speed Cameras will be rolled out this Autumn - which would mean the end of this month at the latest??

Anyone heard any other set date for this ?

haha if its this government were talking about id say, 2020.. and then when that time arrives , they might push it out again, like ur man did with the provisional driving licences..:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

I reckon investing in a shed would be a good idea.

Then you can rent it out to the government after the introduction as storage space for another failed or pointless task!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

i've seen 4 people die outside my front door - including my next door neighbour - all in separate road accidents, all caused by speeding. I washed there blood from my hands.

The sooner the better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

I love to see them go. These vans are always parked illegal and nobody seems to care.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

MrPudding wrote: »
    Done correctly speed cameras could have a massive impact on road deaths. They aren't done correctly in the UK. I have my doubts tey will be done correctly in Ireland but when the RSA & the gardai were explaining how they wanted them to work the syste they prosposed would make a difference.

MrP

If the existing cameras and resources were managed correctly it would also result in a massive reduction in road deaths.
    Adding more cameras will make feck all difference.

Coming from the airport:
    Tear along the M1 and turn off onto the M50. A mile or two down the M50 slow down for the fixed camera. Belt along the rest ot the M50 until you go throught the toll plaza. Take it handy until you pass the Camera just at the N4 slip road. The foot to the floor again. Turn off at RCR city bound. Stay in the left lane. Look up as far as the Harris Hino gate, is there a van with blacked out windows? If so, slow down, if not, off you pop as fast as you like again.

What a terrible and predictable system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

lol. indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

rofl, seconded

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

its coming lads, should be rolling out early next year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

jameshayes wrote: »
    i've seen 4 people die outside my front door - including my next door neighbour - all in separate road accidents, all caused by speeding. I washed there blood from my hands.

The sooner the better.

How do ya know they were caused by speeding?

Advertisement