Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Energie Fitness opening in Mahon Pt.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Is there any pool in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Is there any pool in there?
    Nope, afraid not

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

D'Agger wrote: »
    Viewed the gym the night it opened as I was looking to move away from the Mardyke and wasn't all that impressed to be honest.

I've since joined Dennehys because it's across the road from where I work and for €15 less it seems a far better gym.

The main downsides to Energie from what I could see were that the freeweights section seemed to have space, but a lack of actual equipment. I just got the distinct feeling that if it were to get busy in there, you'd be incredibly frustrated. Hopefully I'll get more bang for buck with Dennehys.

Avoid Dennehys on a Monday and you'll be grand, its a free for all on Monday nights only, I've been out there the best part 13moths now at this stage and its the only night I try avoid.

Only way around is to go really late or about 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Avoid Dennehys on a Monday and you'll be grand, its a free for all on Monday nights only, I've been out there the best part 13moths now at this stage and its the only night I try avoid.

Only way around is to go really late or about 4pm
    Or really early! :pac: Cheers for the heads up - meant to go this morning to get the run of the place while it was quiet but was too late hitting the hay to be getting up early! Going after work, Fridays mightn't be too bad but I assume it's busy from 5-8ish any day during the week.

I've football Monday & Wednesdays so I'll probably use it Fridays, Sundays & Tuesdays. Is the sauna good?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

D'Agger wrote: »
    Or really early! :pac: Cheers for the heads up - meant to go this morning to get the run of the place while it was quiet but was too late hitting the hay to be getting up early! Going after work, Fridays mightn't be too bad but I assume it's busy from 5-8ish any day during the week.

I've football Monday & Wednesdays so I'll probably use it Fridays, Sundays & Tuesdays. Is the sauna good?

Oh ya, its usually busy all the time but Monday is the worse day I've seen out there, i tend not to go on Sunday as I've matches Sunday morning so it usually Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday I'll try make it for.

Ya the sauna is grand, its usually not on so before you go working out, make sure its on, if not turn it on and set it to what temp ya want so its ready for ya when ya come back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Has anyone been or joined energie recently? Considering it, offering free tours at the moment I see

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Babs8

Joined and love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

So now that this place is open what is the overall opinion like as I am considering joining?

- how busy does the gym get?
    - what are the facilities like, particularly the free weights section?
    - Is there a steam room/sauna?
    - what's the minimum membership period?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Babs8

Cona wrote: »
    So now that this place is open what is the overall opinion like as I am considering joining?

- how busy does the gym get?
    - what are the facilities like, particularly the free weights section?
    - Is there a steam room/sauna?
    - what's the minimum membership period?

cheers

No sauna/steam room. Ex free weights section gets busy 6-7 in evening mon-thurs. Classes are great. All types of membership 1 month min. Worth a visit.

Advertisement