Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Visa requirements

Options
  • 24-09-2013 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey all,

I'm a 1st year Japanese student in DCU and my 3rd year is a compulsory year abroad in a Japanese university - was just informed that in order to get my visa I'll need €10,000 up front?! Is this true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

artanejin wrote: »
    Hey all,

I'm a 1st year Japanese student in DCU and my 3rd year is a compulsory year abroad in a Japanese university - was just informed that in order to get my visa I'll need €10,000 up front?! Is this true?

Hey, I'm currently on the year abroad and the answer is: sort of.

You do not need 10,000 up front. As in, no one is going to ask you to pay 10,000 for a visa. However, you do need proof of either having this money (i.e. in a bank account) or that you WILL have this money when you get to Japan (i.e. scholarship, grant etc.).

For almost all of the college applications, you had to submit copies of bank statements etc. to show that you did/would have the 10,000 available to you. For the college I applied for you only had to write down the sources you would get the money from but you didn't actually need to show any proof. So it differs from application to application.

However, you're gonna need AT LEAST that amount of money to live for a year in Japan, particularly in Tokyo. They tell you in 1st year so that you have 2 years to get your ass in gear and make sure you have enough money to go.

Advertisement