Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will Nicolas Roche do anything now Contador is out?

• 16-07-2014 2:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Chase Stage win?

Who'll be the new team leader for Tinkoff-Saxo?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Chase Stage win?

No need for a team leader now and yes he will try for a stage win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

No need for a team leader now and yes he will try for a stage win.

I'd imagine that Rogers might be a better bet to get a stage win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Roche and Rogers will be gunning for a stage.

No team leader. It's not Sky. The next best bet for Saxo Bank is a stage win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

I think Garmin and Saxo T could be great teams to watch over the next two weeks. With both their leaders out of the race (AT effectively) they will be looking to breakaways and stage wins. Could make for some classic stages where they blow a race apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

mal1 wrote: »
    Roche and Rogers will be gunning for a stage.

No team leader. It's not Sky. The next best bet for Saxo Bank is a stage win.

Agreed, and with the entire Saxo Bank team being so far behind on time, they have nothing left to do but go for stages. If they were not going to go for stages, they would be as well going home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭sham58107

Yes team last on TC way down need stages probably could get in breakaway now he is nearly 1 hr down.
    But with Mr Tinkoff there someone need to do something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

Imagine all of TCS will be up for stages and in every break...3 very good climbers and 2 sprinters with strong rouler credentials and others could do something also

Think along with Garmin we might see some great racing and a mix up to the race as they have nothing to lose...may not change winner but may cause time gaps and changes throughout the race

BTW ...everyone lamenting Contador & Froome which is correct but Talansky is also a loss to GC also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

ouch - spotted this thread's title on "Trending". I was doing so well to not spoil the highlights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You were doing extremely well if you managed to last from Monday afternoon until today to not hear what happened on Monday !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I stay off RTE.ie and when the sport news comes on the radio I turn it off. I almost got caught while out and only heard the name Contador, then put my hands on my ears and went lalala. My daughter (2) was confused at that sight. Plus mostly everyone at work knows I don't want to know about the cycling.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,569 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just a gentle reminder - whatever happens in today's stage do not post about it here - use the dedicated stage thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Chase Stage win?

yes, Roche is on a uni-cycle today & he is going backwards, just to be different!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Id say he has to try a stage win now, but is the gap not like 15 mins? overall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Sniipe wrote: »
    I stay off RTE.ie and when the sport news comes on the radio I turn it off. I almost got caught while out and only heard the name Contador, then put my hands on my ears and went lalala. My daughter (2) was confused at that sight. Plus mostly everyone at work knows I don't want to know about the cycling.

Yes, been there on more occasions than I care to remember.

Google Now is my new spoiler in chief, be it for sports results or tv shows. The fecker is too smart for it's own good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

I'd say Nico Roche will leave TCS this year .....all races he raced were as domestique this year ...he trained very hard before Gior & Tour in training camps but form has been very variable ....starts good but not maintained and not very good form on climbs
    If anything his opportunities at TCS have shrunk as even without Contador he is working for Kreuziger or Majka, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

He's improved his TTing there, and won the Route du Sud. Not sure he'll be so quick to jump ship...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I feckin knew that I should have put that bet on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I feckin knew that I should have put that bet on!

Me too! I called Rogers before the start of yesterdays stage and ........ well there you go :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Even more of a shake up now I'd say for TCS, now that Contador has pulled out from the Vuelta too.

Hopefully it means some sort of 'promotion' for Nico.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Can't see Nico riding the Vuelta

• Advertisement
Advertisement