Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2015: Round 4 - Bahrain Grand Prix

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Back to the topic at hand, "is Nico crap?"

He's clearly not crap, anyone who thinks that isn't clued into F1. Nico is a great driver, & one who had the measure of Lewis on more Saturdays than not last year in terms of single lap speed.

Perhaps it does go back to Spa, it's hard to say. He had the measure of Lewis after Spa in Brazil though, which for me, puts doubt on the Spa theory. Clearly though, whatever the case, something has gone awry with Nico. He showed flashes of talent though there in Bahrain, so perhaps that's all he needed to kick start a championship campaign, I guess we'll see.

I still don't think he's a match for Lewis on race day, & I think there's a bit of a gulf between them (even last year, Nico never won back to back races in 2014 and in a car like that it's pretty damning).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I think Nico just lacks that last 10% of arrogant self belief that makes the difference between a champion like Alonso, Vettel or Lewis and a merely very good driver. If he'd been able to string together a few back to back wins, or kept his head in races like Italy, I think he'd be a very different driver this year.

He second guesses and over thinks too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

He second guesses and over thinks too often.

He does, but Bahrain showed he's going back to relying on instincts and can overtake when he has to. Hungary last year was an embarrassment and he seemed to be affected by everyone saying he couldn't overtake, or perhaps was too nervous to overtake. Now, he's driving flat out with nothing to lose and we're seeing Nico the racing driver instead of Nico the calculator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think Nico just lacks that last 10% of arrogant self belief that makes the difference between a champion like Alonso, Vettel or Lewis and a merely very good driver.
    That's probably it, although at this level of performance it's probably more like 0.01%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Looks like this commentator is a Kimi fan too :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement