Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City to enter examinership (or worse, receivership)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The eL Transfer Window is closed, seemingly none of the CCFC players asked to be made free agents today. Is there anything to suggest that they will tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Des wrote: »
    The eL Transfer Window is closed, seemingly none of the CCFC players asked to be made free agents today. Is there anything to suggest that they will tomorrow?

Irrelevant as you should know, once breach of contract and MCCuntness and the PFAI involved its a free for all on the players.

We can all sign unattached players, Paisley and Rogers being our 2 that were in the same situation.

Cork players seeking advice atm from the PFAI

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Irrelevant as you should know, once breach of contract and MCCuntness and the PFAI involved its a free for all on the players.

It wasn't until our players forced the issue at the end of the '06 season that they actually became free agents. They had to threaten Ollie with court.

Anyway. If the City players were all asked by the owners to take a pay cut, and they all agreed to it, are the club technically in breech of contract? AFAIK all players were fully paid up, with one pay cheque being a week late.
    We can all sign unattached players, Paisley and Rogers being our 2 that were in the same situation.

Yeah, I know that they become free agents when the contract is breeched. Proper order. And I said that when it happened to us too.

Cork players seeking advice atm from the PFAI

So nobody really knows.

I think Cork City need to "do a Shels" tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Any of the City fans here going to sign up to FORAS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Des wrote: »
    Is Slick still employed by the club?

In fact he is paying the club now to let him work for them :D or may as well be anyway.

There could be some big developments over the next few days. Its should not be all doom and gloom just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Roar wrote: »
    all on and off the field staff have agreed to take an interim 70% wage cut

Wage cut or deferment?

^ Neither. Its interim. They will get their full wages when/if things are sorted and will not receive back pay as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

They've been deducted a measly ten points.

Fcuking joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Thats grand. good result for city.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Thats grand. good result for city.

You cannot be serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

They've only been deducted these as they've gone into examinership, could be more sanctions to follow.

SantryRed wrote: »
    You cannot be serious?

Basically city are fcuked. If they can keep themselves in the premier league this season and not go out of business thats the best they can hope for. 10 point penalty is meaningless imo. Do you think the 10 points matters somehow ?

Basically city are fcuked. If they can keep themselves in the premier league this season and not go out of business thats the best they can hope for. 10 point penalty is meaningless imo. Do you think the 10 points matters somehow ?

They should be deducted more and thrown into the relegation dog fight IMO.

Sure run up debts of a million, it's only a ten point penalty.

That why I said it was a good result for city in the 1st place and you disagreed :confused:

Theres a good chance we'll go out of business anyway so you'll get your wish and more. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

I don't think there are any clear guidelines. I think there'll be worse to come. Don't worry.

We're still ahead of Drogs on goal difference!!! :D:D (For now anyway.....)

That why I said it was a good result for city in the 1st place and you disagreed :confused:

Theres a good chance we'll go out of business anyway so you'll get your wish and more. ;)

Sorry, didn't realise you were a City fan.

Location threw me off:p

Sorry, didn't realise you were a City fan.

Location threw me off:p

No worries, I have 2 bleedin Dub toddlers anyway so maybe I'm a Dub once removed. Its too far to Turners Cross so they'll end up supporting probably Rovers Or UCD for their sins (I'II make them pay).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Any of the City fans here going to sign up to FORAS?

Hopefully, but unfortunetly do not have the money to do so right now.

For any City fans not traveling to Dublin tonight, FORAS are doing a raffle in the TCT during the televised game. This will be the first of many fundraisers in the weeks to come.

They've only been deducted these as they've gone into examinership, could be more sanctions to follow.

There better be. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Wrong. They have been deducted points for breaching licencing - ie Arkaga breaching the agreement to pay the bills.

There is no punishment for going into examinership per say. But obvioulsly if you need to, there is something wrong in the first place - in Cawks case people refusing to pay bills they promised to.

If whatever emerges from examinership is not in a position to get a Premier licence in December, they will be relegated.

10 points is about right based on the Rovers and Longford precedents.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    There better be. :mad:

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

john o'flynn having a medical with barnet today. they're also interested in darren murphy and denis behan

dan murray, joe gamble and colin healy all rumoured to be gone.

we'll be lucky to have a team for the cliftonville game on monday

cant say i blame them at all, it's a shame it's come to this :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Hope we win the league by 10 points or more.

We weren't going to finish within 10 points of you lot anyway.

I'm on Newstalk to give my candid views on the situation in a while. Hope I am not given the usual 3 minute eL bit at the end of the show as normal.

yea but if we get in trouble theres a 10 point deduction precedent

bohsman wrote: »
    yea but if we get in trouble theres a 10 point deduction precedent

Your goal difference should do it for you then.

kdjac

Why?

A club pledges to honour its debts and gets relegated.

A club tries to walkaway from its debts and gets deucted 10 points.

So that's why I hope there's more, much more, to follow.

• Advertisement

john o'flynn having a medical with barnet today.

From what I hear, he no longer wants to sign for them. We will know by tomorrow.

gimmick wrote: »
    From what I hear, he no longer wants to sign for them. We will know by tomorrow.

is that internet speak for failed medical?.

No way in hell he would pass a medical with anyone.

Noticed gamble kissing the crest as he was sent of last night.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Barnet probably concluded that John O'Flynn was 40% human and 60% scar tissue

is that internet speak for failed medical?.

That is what I suspect also.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    A club pledges to honour its debts and gets relegated.

A club tries to walkaway from its debts and gets deucted 10 points.

So that's why I hope there's more, much more, to follow.

It is a source of much amusement to me how Shels fans still haven't quite figured out why they got relegated.

If Cawk are still a basket case in December when the licencing process happens, they will be denied a place in the premier division or possibly worse.

Rovers, Longford and now Cawk have had problems mid season and points were deducted. That was never an issue for Shels.

What bit of that confuses you?

And Shels 'pledged' to settle their debts. So what? They didn't. Whereas Rovers did.

john o'flynn signs for barnet

http://www.barnetfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10431~1381576,00.html

best of luck to him

judas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

That's a bit of a step down for him, isn't it? Or is it a case of Cork offloading an injury-prone big-earner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

john o'flynn signs for barnet

http://www.barnetfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10431~1381576,00.html

best of luck to him

judas

Shame to see him go, but good luck to him. Mr. Mullen have anything to do with this I wonder :P

djpbarry wrote: »
    That's a bit of a step down for him, isn't it? Or is it a case of Cork offloading an injury-prone big-earner?

A case of him legging it cos he had to take a 70% paycut at cork Id say.

that's about the size of it.

can't say I blame him at all to be honest, still sad to see him go

• Advertisement

Not one of the Cork City first team will be there in December. They had better get used to it.

Not one of the Cork City first team will be there in December. They had better get used to it.

should our mooted new investor who Alan Mathews was speaking so positively about yesterday come in, I wouldn't be too sure about that.

The players were told about this new investor on friday. Mathews said on the radio yesterday that one player had a concrete offer from scotland and another player had a concrete offer from scandanavia, however they both rejected those offers to stay at the club.

Which to me suggests that this new investor is deadly serious, and the players have been made aware of it.

should our mooted new investor who Alan Mathews was speaking so positively about yesterday come in, I wouldn't be too sure about that.

The players were told about this new investor on friday. Mathews said on the radio yesterday that one player had a concrete offer from scotland and another player had a concrete offer from scandanavia, however they both rejected those offers to stay at the club.

Which to me suggests that this new investor is deadly serious, and the players have been made aware of it.

Fantastic news, but utterly irrelevent since the examinership process has begun.

Fantastic news, but utterly irrelevent since the examinership process has begun.

explain how.

this should be interesting.

explain how.

this should be interesting.

Neil Hughes owns your club for the 100 (i think) days of the process. At the end he will listen to offers for the club and decide to accept one or fold the entity. In the meantime, all players he can offload of the wage bill he will.

Bear in mind this is the exact same guy who did Rovers examinership.

Neil Hughes owns your club for the 100 (i think) days of the process. At the end he will listen to offers for the club and decide to accept one or fold the entity. In the meantime, all players he can offload of the wage bill he will.

Bear in mind this is the exact same guy who did Rovers examinership.

kieran mccarthy is the examiner for cork city.

as for "offloading" players from the wage bill, the players have accepted a 70% cut to reach the target the examiner wants, so players won't be "off loaded".

they can, however, leave if they so wish, as seen with john o'flynn signing for barnet, and lawrie dudfield returning to the uk to try and find a club.

the examinership period granted to cork city fc runs until the 7th of October, by which time the future of the club will be sorted, with a new investor in place.

if any players were going to be "off loaded" it woudl be today, yet bar o'flynn and dudfield, the rest of the squad are in belfast for tonight's setanta cup game

expect most of the city first team to be here in december.

kieran mccarthy is the examiner for cork city.

as for "offloading" players from the wage bill, the players have accepted a 70% cut to reach the target the examiner wants, so players won't be "off loaded".

they can, however, leave if they so wish, as seen with john o'flynn signing for barnet, and lawrie dudfield returning to the uk to try and find a club.

the examinership period granted to cork city fc runs until the 7th of October, by which time the future of the club will be sorted, with a new investor in place.
    if any players were going to be "off loaded" it woudl be today, yet bar o'flynn and dudfield, the rest of the squad are in belfast for tonight's setanta cup game

expect most of the city first team to be here in december.

with respect, that is the most naively optimistic thing I have ever read.

why are you so sure?

with respect, that is the most naively optimistic thing I have ever read.

why are you so sure?

sources ;)

can understand that it looks naively optimistic though

sources ;)

can understand that it looks naively optimistic though

I'm not disputing that there will be a bid. I'm asking why you are so sure it will be accepted.....

You are assuming that the creditors will be as forgiving as Rovers ones were. If they play hardball, he could well fold the whole thing, and this whole mess began with a creditor playing hardball.

• Advertisement

I'm not disputing that there will be a bid. I'm asking why you are so sure it will be accepted.....

You are assuming that the creditors will be as forgiving as Rovers ones were. If they play hardball, he could well fold the whole thing, and this whole mess began with a creditor playing hardball.

you assume (and have been assuming) that cork city's examinership is the EXACT same as the rovers one

it's not

Advertisement