Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom, UTV, IOL Comparison table

Options
  • 02-03-2004 12:35pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I've updated and redesigned the IOFFL DSL comparison table with the latest details from the new products and I've added explanations of various terms in DSL.

I believe this is good resource for anyone comparing the different products or anyone new to Broadband.

You can find the table half way down the following page:
    IrelandOffLine DSL Broadband comparison

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Thats a very useful table thanks. Might it not be an idea to put in some reference to UTV's refusal to migrate existing users to the new products unless thy commit to a new 12 month contract?

As far as I can see the other ISP's have not adopted this attitude and it does add cost if you want to keep your options open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

exactly, as far as I have been told IOL customers get migrated to the high tier product but can go to the entry level offering without incurring any cost, their contract remains - no new 12 months. Don't know about eircom however
    bad move for UTV, it definitely should be noted for present users

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

That's really handy to have.

Let's hope it has to be updated a lot as competition hots up :D

Advertisement