Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling to find the right man for the job!

Options
  • 02-02-2013 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Note: Van is a work van and not a camper, im posting this here as its something similar to a camper conversion, if there is a wider/broader location for the post will the mods please move?

I am writing this with a degree of frustration! I've been researching/pricing some work on my van now for a number of months, and to this day, following many many request for quotes, phone calls, meetings, texts, etc etc I am no where near where I want to be in regards to getting this done. I could name and shame on a long list all of the companies who have wasted my time and simply not bothered their arses in getting back to me with quotes! Hard to believe in these tough times where I thought people would be chasing me to get the job rather than me chasing them to get a simple idea on price!

Here is what I need priced: I need a table fabricated and installed in the rear of my crew cab van, along with some electrical equipment hard wired (tv monitor, led lighting, USB charging points, av inputs, double socket with 240v power run off a split charge system with 120-200amph battery system) I am trying to find someone who can do the whole job, rather than going to separate people to keep the cost down.

I've spent the morning looking for new companies to contact about this work, but the candle is almost burnt out.

The job needs to be of a high standard and finish, and needs to be reliable and of a good quality.

Can somebody please please point me in the right direction!! Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Note: Van is a work van and not a camper, im posting this here as its something similar to a camper conversion, if there is a wider/broader location for the post will the mods please move?

I am writing this with a degree of frustration! I've been researching/pricing some work on my van now for a number of months, and to this day, following many many request for quotes, phone calls, meetings, texts, etc etc I am no where near where I want to be in regards to getting this done. I could name and shame on a long list all of the companies who have wasted my time and simply not bothered their arses in getting back to me with quotes! Hard to believe in these tough times where I thought people would be chasing me to get the job rather than me chasing them to get a simple idea on price!

Here is what I need priced: I need a table fabricated and installed in the rear of my crew cab van, along with some electrical equipment hard wired (tv monitor, led lighting, USB charging points, av inputs, double socket with 240v power run off a split charge system with 120-200amph battery system) I am trying to find someone who can do the whole job, rather than going to separate people to keep the cost down.

I've spent the morning looking for new companies to contact about this work, but the candle is almost burnt out.

The job needs to be of a high standard and finish, and needs to be reliable and of a good quality.

Can somebody please please point me in the right direction!! Thanks guys

We've done stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 conor_vector

Aidan_M_M wrote: »

Haha, if your like the rest of the people I've spoke to, this is where you cut all contact, having just let me know you can do the job and never get back in touch again! Where are you based Aidan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Haha, if your like the rest of the people I've spoke to, this is where you cut all contact, having just let me know you can do the job and never get back in touch again! Where are you based Aidan?
    He's never let anyone down on here. Our friends are having a similar job done on a bus after talking to loads of companies the company they chose are months overdue on completion they are similarly frustrated. To be fair though its a case of being afraid to turn down a job in a recession they have taken too much on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

Aidan_M_M wrote: »

if Aidan M M says he can do it ,then look no further op

top man;)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

I dont think Adian would bother after a Remark like the OPs last one,,,,I know i wouldnt anyway,,,,OP maybe they didnt like your attitude,,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

I have to agree

• Registered Users Posts: 10 conor_vector

Thanks guys, anyone got any details for him??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

Thanks guys, anyone got any details for him??
    Pat Horan Motorhomes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Pat Horan , as mentioned , I'll pm you.

Advertisement