Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

kryogen wrote: »
    Oddly enough we dont really "need" those two back though

Personally, I'd take Van Nistelrooy and Solskjaer over Hernandez and Welbeck any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

while on this topic, if we were to end the season today, who would be our player of the year?

Think de Gea would have a shout, but for me, I'd think it would have to be carrick - he had a bit of a shaky period before christmas, but I think overall, he's been our most consistent performer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

https://twitter.com/#!/SimonPeach/status/175993698901962752/photo/1

Macheda's tweet when it was announced he wasn't in QPR squad today. Understandable that he's frustrated, but it's fairly retarded nonetheless!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Why is he even still there? Can Utd not get him back? It's pointless him being there.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

while on this topic, if we were to end the season today, who would be our player of the year?

Carrick, Valencia or Rooney for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Why is he even still there? Can Utd not get him back? It's pointless him being there.

I feel sorry for him tbh. Would rather him recalled and playig in the reserves than doing nothing at QPR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

baz2009 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/#!/SimonPeach/status/175993698901962752/photo/1

Macheda's tweet when it was announced he wasn't in QPR squad today. Understandable that he's frustrated, but it's fairly retarded nonetheless!
    I see he tweeted now that he's deleting his account...obviously got a bollocking from someone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

kmart6 wrote: »
    I see he tweeted now that he's deleting his account...obviously got a bollocking from someone!

The homophobic tweets didn't help either,better off out of QPR than wasting his time there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Looks like he's off Twitter now. Would you say he'll be gone in the summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

eugeneious wrote: »
    Carrick, Valencia or Rooney for me.

ya, valencia is up there too. in terms of PL team of the year, with the voting being done around now, i dont think we will get anybody, but a strong 2 months from those 4 plus valencia would see one of them get our own POTY i would think..

massive 2 months ahead now, its where the leaders stand up and be counted. if we win tomorrow, i think we will win the league. im going for a 1-0 win, a late winner from somebody like jones or rafael.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I feel sorry for him tbh. Would rather him recalled and playig in the reserves than doing nothing at QPR.

Agree and he should have been pulled out as soon as Hughes arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Maybe there isn't a clause in his loan contract allowing the club to call him back?

In saying that, I'd be very surprised if the club allowed a clause like that seeing as it isn't a full season loan and there probably is no fee involved.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Macheda would be best advised to keep his head down and work hard.

He was involved in Hughes first few games.

I understand why he would be frustrated, 2nd season in a row for this kind of thing to happen but it wasn't a great idea to react like that.

Maybe it's a bit old school, but if I was the boss I'd ban all players from using Twitter. There is just too much potential for bullshít on it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

its definately the second time, and actually could be the third. delighted for him, he has had 2 or 3 bad games, but overall i think he is prooving that he will be a top class keeper for years to come.

impossible to pick, injuries have halted progress, Nani and Rooney wouldnt be far off it, likewise Phil Jones, but perhaps carrick would be the favourite?

impossible to predict anyway as nobody stands out. a funny thing that could happen is that we go on a win the league, yet have no player on official team of the year, though a big 2 or 3 weeks for rooney, nani, carrick or jones would change that.

Carrick for me hands down. Which makes it all the more frustrating to see him fail to get the recognition he deserved by being called up to that tosser Stuart Pierce's line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Utd apparently looking at Dede.
    Sir Alex Ferguson is on the trail of one of South America's top prospects after receiving glowing form reports on emerging Brazil defender Dede.
    Vasco da Gama's 23-year-old prospect hails from the same area of Rio de Janeiro as Manchester United twins Fabio and Rafael and has already been tipped by a rival club's manager to be the cornerstone of Brazil's back line at the next World Cup.
    It is understood Ferguson has closely followed his progress in recent weeks and asked former United centre-back and current Brazil talent-spotter Jaap Stam to run the rule over him.

Only quoting a small extract as ye'er brains might explode otherwise..

Someone is going to buy this guy this summer me thinks, just a question of who.

We have enough centre backs though. Unless Fergie sees Jones going to CM...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Mars Bar wrote: »

You would think so but I wouldn't rule anything out all the same..

TheTownie wrote: »
    You would think so but I wouldn't rule anything out all the same..

Yeah but our injuries all together doesn't happen all too often. Imagine how hard it is to keep them happy when they are almost all fit! If Rio wasn't in the picture then I could see why we might be buying another player...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Pretty sure this Dede is a full back, despite what the article says.

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »

Fingers crossed a LB...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Nope, CB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

A quick browse on Wikipedia (which we all know is never ever wrong) says he's a CB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Listened to a Brazilian football podcast a few wees ago and they were raving about Dede being the best CB in Brazil, sounds like a great talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

You may be thinking of Dodo who is a Brazilian LB...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Rodolfo_Pires_Ribeiro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Supposedly Scholes is thinking of another year at OT.
    Paul Scholes has signalled he may be ready to play on for a further season at Manchester United, according to Eric Harrison, the club's former youth team coach.

Scholes came out of retirement in January after ending his career at the close of last season, with the 37-year-old and United initially agreeing he would play on only until the end of the current campaign.

While Sir Alex Ferguson said on Friday there was no reason why the playmaker could not continue for another year, Scholes is yet to comment publicly on his plans. But Harrison, who coached the famous United youth team of Scholes, Ryan Giggs, David Beckham, Nicky Butt and the Neville brothers, told the Observer: "I talk to Paul reasonably often and I said to him when he started again: 'Paul, you can play another season.' He said: 'Do you think so?" I said: 'Yeah, I'm absolutely certain.' Because there's an old saying in football: 'You can't move as fast as the ball', and he makes the ball do the work.

"What happens with Paul, I think he likes somebody to tell him — not how good he is because he's been told that a million times — but for somebody to tell him he can go on longer. He still runs the game. When he came on against Manchester City [in his first game back in January] he completely ran the game. There were some great players against him, don't get me wrong [and] they could not get near him. When Xavi and [Andrés] Iniesta say he is as good as any midfield player in the world that is a compliment because they're not bad either.

"He has certainly changed his game but I think it's for the benefit of Manchester United because we certainly still need somebody who can control the ball."

On Friday, Ferguson said of Scholes playing on: "It's not something I've discussed with him but on the evidence of what we've seen I don't see why he shouldn't. When I said to him last year: 'You'll give me 25 to 30 games,' that wasn't enough for him in his opinion. But I think he may look at it differently now."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

If it means no other midfield signings then thanks but no thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Mars Bar wrote: »

I have a feeling Vidic will be sold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I have a feeling Vidic will be sold

Based on?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement