Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City to enter examinership (or worse, receivership)

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Roar wrote: »
    you assume (and have been assuming) that cork city's examinership is the EXACT same as the rovers one

it's not

so whats different about your examinership process? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,401 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Roar wrote: »
    you assume (and have been assuming) that cork city's examinership is the EXACT same as the rovers one

it's not

Explain how? This should be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It is a source of much amusement to me how Shels fans still haven't quite figured out why they got relegated.

If Cawk are still a basket case in December when the licencing process happens, they will be denied a place in the premier division or possibly worse.

Rovers, Longford and now Cawk have had problems mid season and points were deducted. That was never an issue for Shels.

What bit of that confuses you?

And Shels 'pledged' to settle their debts. So what? They didn't. Whereas Rovers did.

Everyone knows we didn't get a Premier Divison license hence why we didn't play Premier Divison football, but surely now there is going to be an 8 team Premier next season if clubs don't get their act together.

Rovers got their debts wiped, if we had of gone the same route we'd be travellers like yourselves now so we choose to take the debts on the chin and keep Tolka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Mr. Mullen have anything to do with this I wonder :P

With respect, Commercial managers have nothing to do with signings.

Flynns agent is the same guy who got Mullen the job at CCFC first, and just happens to be quite well connected with Barnet FC for one reason or another.
    Neil Hughes owns your club for the 100 (i think) days of the process. At the end he will listen to offers for the club and decide to accept one or fold the entity. In the meantime, all players he can offload of the wage bill he will.

I don't understand. Are you saying that while a club is in examinership, an investor/buyer can not step into the breach immediately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

gimmick wrote: »
    With respect, Commercial managers have nothing to do with signings.

Hence the smilie at the end of the sentence I posted....

• Advertisement

I know, but unfortunately there will be plenty blaming him, simply because they were not friendly with him, or because he did not give them information.

Winning 0-1 at Cliftonville in the Setanta Cup at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I know, but unfortunately there will be plenty blaming him, simply because they were not friendly with him, or because he did not give them information.

Winning 0-1 at Cliftonville in the Setanta Cup at the moment.

Very unfortunate that some people think that. Have heard some people blaming him, a comparison to Dolan by some :rolleyes:

Finished 0-2, both scored by Behan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

It is a source of much amusement to me how Shels fans still haven't quite figured out why they got relegated.

If Cawk are still a basket case in December when the licencing process happens, they will be denied a place in the premier division or possibly worse.

Rovers, Longford and now Cawk have had problems mid season and points were deducted. That was never an issue for Shels.

What bit of that confuses you?

And Shels 'pledged' to settle their debts. So what? They didn't. Whereas Rovers did.

Your ignorance is unreal.

Nobody will be left short by Shelbourne FC, unlike Shamrock Rovers who walked away from their debts.

The FAI could have deducted enough points from Cork City to ensure they were gonna be relegated. As it stands, they still have a chance of playing Premier Division football next season.

Likewise the FAI did not have to remove us from the Premier Division, but could have awarded us a Premier Division licence (with conditions) and a 10 point deduction.

I don't understand. Are you saying that while a club is in examinership, an investor/buyer can not step into the breach immediately?

Thats exactly what I am saying.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Your ignorance is unreal.

Nobody will be left short by Shelbourne FC, unlike Shamrock Rovers who walked away from their debts.

The FAI could have deducted enough points from Cork City to ensure they were gonna be relegated. As it stands, they still have a chance of playing Premier Division football next season.

Likewise the FAI did not have to remove us from the Premier Division, but could have awarded us a Premier Division licence (with conditions) and a 10 point deduction.

We did not walk away from anything. We used a legal mechanism that meant that all Rovers creditors agreed to the process and got something. Which is more than Shels creditors have. But you have made a 'promise' you have yet to keep. Good for you.

The FAI deducted what was the precedent and will revisit the situation when licencing comes around again, at which point there is a serious possibility they will relegate them. Thats the bit you convieniently miss.

The Cork and Shels situations are totally different at the moment, there are no allegations of criminality around CCFC, in fact the club itself has done nothing whatsoever wrong. Unlike Shels.

• Advertisement

We did not walk away from anything. We used a legal mechanism that meant that all Rovers creditors agreed to the process and got something. Which is more than Shels creditors have. But you have made a 'promise' you have yet to keep. Good for you.

Shamrock Rovers creditors got "something". What a nice 4% of what they were owed? You make it sound like they had much of a choice. :rolleyes:

A large number of our creditors have been paid off in full, and this process will continue. Not something Shamrock Rovers can say.
    The FAI deducted what was the precedent and will revisit the situation when licencing comes around again, at which point there is a serious possibility they will relegate them. Thats the bit you convieniently miss.

What precedent? No club in our league has been deducted points before for what Cork City are doing. You really haven't got a clue have you? :rolleyes:
    The Cork and Shels situations are totally different at the moment, there are no allegations of criminality around CCFC, in fact the club itself has done nothing whatsoever wrong. Unlike Shels.

Of course they are totally different. You finally agree with me. We don't walk away from our debts and leave people out of pocket. That's what Shamrock done and it's what Cork City want to do.

Are you saying there are allegations of criminality around Shelbourne FC? I'd advise you to back up your comments or withdraw them.

Its the same tired clichés from Shels fans who still refuse to get their heads round the idea that Rovers and hopefully Cork handled their situations better than Shels did.

What Rovers did and Cork are doing is the proper, legal, route for companies that inherently work but have major cash flow issues. I'm not going to apologise because we did what we had to do.

Lets be clear, if Shels could have gone down the examiner route they would have. But they have chosen to hang onto the Tolka lease asset and take what comes. Thats your decision, so dry your eyes.

Tax evasion is a crime. Are you denying that took place at Shels?

You reckon not paying your debts is the proper route to go as opposed to paying your way? Charming. :rolleyes:

As for my original comment that you took up on, I hope Cork get further penalties from the FAI as they are not planning to pay their bills unlike the other clubs around them.

Please post your evidence of this so-called tax evasion or withdraw your comment.

I am hearing tonight that Drogheda will be in Examinership in the next 3-4 weeks.

Not looking good for Bohs either. Its dependent on some court case or other.

If the two above cases are true, it will look so bad on the league that 3 of the top 5 teams in the country will all be in Examinership.

I have heard Bohs just might get the rest of the season alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Either way we are sitting on an asset worth around €50m. The court case is about a small plot of land around the SC end, Albion claim to have a verbal agreement to buy it while we are now selling it to Liam Carroll along with the rest of the ground. The biggest worry if the court case goes against us is that we wont hit the 65% wage cap - Liam Carroll has witheld the 1m annual payment till after the court case that puts us under the cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I am hearing tonight that Drogheda will be in Examinership in the next 3-4 weeks.
    Drogs' situation is largely dependent on them moving into their new ground, but it seems the planners are acting the bollocks:
    http://www.eleven-a-side.com/droghedautd/news.asp?n=33820
    Not looking good for Bohs either. Its dependent on some court case or other.
    Meh...

As bohsman has already pointed out, their situation has been somewhat blown out of proportion.

We are out of Examinership as of 5pm today.

djpbarry wrote: »

As bohsman has already pointed out, their situation has been somewhat blown out of proportion.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

you wish. if albion win, which they could well do, de bowezzz are in severe trouble on a number of fronts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

you wish. if albion win, which they could well do, de bowezzz are in severe trouble on a number of fronts

Why would he care? He's a Pats fan no?!

And if Albion don't win? That's a possibility too you know. At the end of it all we still will be able to realise a huge sum from the sale of Dalymount which will more than clear our debts (in full) and pay for a new stadium (which we would actually own). Can't see the FAI relegating us and stripping us of the title even if we lose the case tomorrow (for reasons I've already been through on various other threads).

Advertisement