Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming back USC?

Options
  • 24-04-2014 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering how much of your USC charge are you able to claim back?

I am a college student and last year I claimed back a lot more USC than they are giving me this year.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Any USC that you overpaid

You must not have overpaid this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Revenue may have estimated that based on your earnings last year (if less than 10,036euro), you would be exempt from USC this year. if so, you'll have nothing to claim back. have you paid USC this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Hi, I have a similar question. I requested my p21 for 2011, 2012 and 2013. I received my 2012 USC 5 days after I requested the p21 but haven't gotten anything back from 13/11 and I don't know why. They all say I have paid USC when I view USC details for each year and have no I idea why the other 2 years haven't been refunded to me yet. I also got a PAYE balancing statement for 2012 and 2011 but not 2013 and in 2012 It shows my USC and that I am due money but 2011 has no mention of USC at all, anybody know whats going on? I never went over 10,000 income in any of the years and am really confused with this whole tax business. Thanks

Advertisement