Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem getting an app from market website

Options
  • 12-10-2011 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a cheap 2.2 tablet, but am having trouble getting an app from market.android.com, it tells me to login, so I do, then it tells me there are no Android phones associated with my account, but doesn't tell me how to add my tablet.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction please ? I'm looking to get the BBC iPlayer and radio apps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

What tablet did you get?
    Id say the tablet isnt Google certified so wouldnt be useable with the Google apps. Its the case with a lot of the cheaper devices.
    Did it come with with any Google Apps installed? (Gmail, Market, Youtube, Talk)
    If not then I doubt it can be used with the market

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

It's a Wm8650 7" no-name cheapo. I've tried from several browsers on the tablet, and also from this laptop. Described by the vendor as "Genuine M009S tablet", which is supposedly a model by EKEN.

Not gonna be able to use the official market on that. Well actually I think ive seen it mentioned you can online but its not easy at all. Cant see any basic guides though
    Youll have to use SlideIT or another 3rd party market for apps

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

You can't install via the browser unless you already have Market installed on the device, you'll need to download the apk files by another means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I presume since the market is free anyways that its grand to post a link to its apk.

http://www.4shared.com/file/Zm_tOP9p/NEW_Android_Market_3026.htm

Install that on the tablet and try download your apps that way.

• Advertisement

Dont see the market working without the Google Sync apps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Mega Chin wrote: »
    Dont see the market working without the Google Sync apps

http://www.4shared.com/file/nP82FHhn/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.htm
    That should sort it out so. Can't remember but I think you nees to flash this via recovery or push adb it.

Advertisement