Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transferring Contacts from iPhone to Android

• 18-07-2011 10:56pm

I'm having a little difficulty here with this -

My father has recently gotten the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc and is trying to transfer the contacts from one to the other. I've synced the contacts with Google using iTunes and have set up a gmail account on the Arc.

When I click on Contacts on the Arc, it brings up the "My Contacts" dialogue box and I select "Sync with online accounts" and then select Google here. However it keeps bringing me straight into the "Add a Google Account", which I did during the initial set up and when I sign in using his credentials, it says "Account already exists" and only gives me the option to return to the Sign in section.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I think if you go to google on PC you can then export the contact list as a file then place it on the phone and open it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

You can use PhoneCopy app on iOS to copy contacts to their server.

Then you can get the same app on Android via their website and copy contacts from the server into your phone :) i found that to be the least painfull way :)

For some reason adding a google account and sycning them to googles servers didnt work :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

Just plug in the iphone, open itunes, click the iphone and select it to sync with google. then just log in on the android phone and it'll pull your contacts down. tis quite easy. :)

Hecklar wrote: »
    Just plug in the iphone, open itunes, click the iphone and select it to sync with google. then just log in on the android phone and it'll pull your contacts down. tis quite easy. :)

It's not though. It won't let me do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Sync with your google contacts, gmail account on you iPhone then sync with google and after all download on adroid d
    From google contacts. See below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKs_gNtdtvc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ComoNico

Have you ever tried to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android via SIM card?
    Take a look at this thread on Apple
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5577524

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

This always pains me when it comes to changing a user from iPhone to Android, the process I used involved exporting to Outlook and importing back into Gmail but that's no longer an issue now that you can sync directly to Gmail within iTunes.

Just open iTunes > Click your iPhone > Click the Info Tab > Select Google Contacts > Enter your Google account information and it's done.

How-to-transfer-contacts-from-iPhone-to-Android.png

Now your Android device will start syncing your new contacts to the phone. If not, go to Settings > Accounts > Google > Uncheck / Check Sync Contacts

Sync-Contacts-with-Gmail-Account.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

I used an app called Bump. Worked and was simple to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ComoNico

shedweller wrote: »
    I used an app called Bump. Worked and was simple to use.

bump is no longer available.
    I found a guide on how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android and follow it. It works, so I dropped bump...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kimbleycarver

If you have iPhone do you also have an icloud account? If so, log onto your icloud account and select contacts. Then select all and copy all the contacts from your existing contact list. Now select Export. This will export all of the contacts as a file to wherever you choose to save it (I'd advise your desktop or downloads folder). Now log onto gmail account. Select Contacts. Then select import and simply import the file you previously saved. Voila! All your previous contacts now set up and in your gmail account and they will subsequently sync directly to your phone, and then transfer contacts from iPhone to Android.
    url=recovery-android.com/transfer-contacts-phone-to-phone.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Xkoiul

Yes, I ever tried using gmail to transfer contacts. Google allows import contacts as a CSV file. Just click Gmail > Contacts > more > import.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

ComoNico wrote: »
    bump is no longer available.
    I found a guide on how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android and follow it. It works, so I dropped bump...
    Did this last week for the OH, used an app my contacts backup I think it was called. Worked perfect easy as pie

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Xkoiul

Xkoiul wrote: »
    Yes, I ever tried using gmail to transfer contacts. Google allows import contacts as a CSV file. Just click Gmail > Contacts > more > import.
    Phone transfer tool can solve the problem directly. jkkll;

Advertisement