Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports (GAA) Website Design/Requirements

Options
  • 19-10-2010 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi

I have looked at a lot of GAA and sports websites, and I was just wondering what people like to see in such a site?

I am confident enough to do a solution , but I am lacking in inspiration for the overal layout. What should I have on the front page, (modules everywhere with all kinds of information) or just keep it simple.

Any examples of GAA websites that are really popular. I will just copy that.

I know this is a bit vague, but I really am looking for peoples ideas

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

Regardless of how good the design is on the site, the most important thing is the site is kept regularly updated and this is usually the downfall of most local GAA websites.

Ive setup www.rathnuregaa.ie

Need to do alot with it to finish it off, but putting a proper CMS in place to allow others to update it is probably the most important thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

Yes I agree with the previous comments in that it needs to be kept up to date.

What I did was make sure each manager could log in and update the sections on the site that were relevant to their team - hence the people over the under 12s had their own section (right through to the senior team).

Results/fixtures and basic match reports will keep people coming to the site. People will always want to see photos too. Our site gets 400 unique visitors a month which is about the best that could be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Blue Magic

How do you put a Twitter Feed up on a website which is not administered through a WordPress Account?

I understand about creating the Widget at the Twitter side which provides code to copy and paste but how do I finish the job then? I have managed to upload "buttons" which provide links to the Facebook and Twitter but a Twitter feed would be excellent for latest soores to the minute from games for those who don't have Twitter/Facebook access... It would also make the online PROing a lot more time efficient :-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

This thread is 4 years old. Please start a new one, thanks.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement